Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather is a welterweight, enough with light welters as potential challengers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dde91 View Post
    The Difference between Floyd and Hopkins is the so called SMALLER Opponents (you guys bash Hopkins for) CHALLENGED Hopkins and Floyd Challenges the Smaller Opponents.

Trinidad was champion when he faced Hopkins. He was going to move up to middleweight sooner or later. Trinidad was the Favorite.

De La Hoya was a champion when he faced Hopkins even tho he lost in many minds to Sturm, but Hopkins wanted that belt.

Pavlik Challenged Hopkins because he thought he would be able to knock him out because the Calzaghe fight was ugly and he looked slower then usually. Most had Pavlik winning then when he loses everybody says Pavlik was overrated or to small for Hopkins when he is an inch taller and in a couple of years he will probably be fighting Super Middleweight or Light Heavyweight.

Winky Wright also called out Hopkins and this fight was probably a little to much for Winky but i dont think this is a GREAT win but an OKAY win. But if the fight was at 160 it would get some more credit for Hopkins BUT it would be the same result IMO. it would still be a Dirty Boxing fight that it was. And Hopkins would beat Winky 10/10 the same way he beat him, and in his prime would beat Winky more comfortably.

Hopkins fought just about every BIG NAME fighter from 160-175.

but in the LOWER weight classes there are MORE big names then the higher weights.

The Thing with Mayweather is he MAKES

Marquez come up, Marquez did call him out but so did Mosley, Williams, Cotto, Margarito, etc.

Hatton come up when Cotto, Margarito, Mosley, etc. also called him out.

And now will make Alexander, Campbell, Bradley move up when he could fight maybe Quitana, Mosley-Berto winner, Williams or ANY top 10 WW. not FREAKIN Mathew hatton.
    you make valid points but Cotto never ever called Mayweather out. just helping out...

Comment

Originally posted by tyde13 View Post
      pac ducked floyd......JAT
      Who ducked who, *****.

Oh yeah, the xylocaine user needs a level playing field. Right.

Comment

Originally posted by dde91 View Post
        The Difference between Floyd and Hopkins is the so called SMALLER Opponents (you guys bash Hopkins for) CHALLENGED Hopkins and Floyd Challenges the Smaller Opponents.

Trinidad was champion when he faced Hopkins. He was going to move up to middleweight sooner or later. Trinidad was the Favorite.

De La Hoya was a champion when he faced Hopkins even tho he lost in many minds to Sturm, but Hopkins wanted that belt.

Pavlik Challenged Hopkins because he thought he would be able to knock him out because the Calzaghe fight was ugly and he looked slower then usually. Most had Pavlik winning then when he loses everybody says Pavlik was overrated or to small for Hopkins when he is an inch taller and in a couple of years he will probably be fighting Super Middleweight or Light Heavyweight.

Winky Wright also called out Hopkins and this fight was probably a little to much for Winky but i dont think this is a GREAT win but an OKAY win. But if the fight was at 160 it would get some more credit for Hopkins BUT it would be the same result IMO. it would still be a Dirty Boxing fight that it was. And Hopkins would beat Winky 10/10 the same way he beat him, and in his prime would beat Winky more comfortably.

Hopkins fought just about every BIG NAME fighter from 160-175.

but in the LOWER weight classes there are MORE big names then the higher weights.

The Thing with Mayweather is he MAKES

Marquez come up, Marquez did call him out but so did Mosley, Williams, Cotto, Margarito, etc.

Hatton come up when Cotto, Margarito, Mosley, etc. also called him out.

And now will make Alexander, Campbell, Bradley move up when he could fight maybe Quitana, Mosley-Berto winner, Williams or ANY top 10 WW. not FREAKIN Mathew hatton.
        end of your argument right there...both hatton AND marquez CALLED out floyd, so by your logic, it was ok for hopkins to fight smaller guys b/c they called him out, is should be the same for mayweather.....

when i read contradictory posts, like yours, i realize i'm dealing with a complete hater, so i'll just leave it at that......

life is bigger than floyd mayweather....stop sipping that haterade, and you'll feel a lot better about yourself....

Comment

"Easy fight, easy work, probably easier than the Marquez fight"

My ass.

Comment

Originally posted by FightFreak View Post
            Who ducked who, *****.

Oh yeah, the xylocaine user needs a level playing field. Right.
            you should be bristling right now, *******....

be happy the fight was cancelled, b/c you would've been doubling up my e-points!

Comment

exactly enough with featherweight

Comment

Originally posted by FightFreak View Post
                "Easy fight, easy work, probably easier than the Marquez fight"

My ass.
                Well since Floyd appears to be too afraid to even get in the ring with Pac, I guess that's gotta be easier than the JMM fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Texanballer View Post
                  Has Bradley beaten a legitimate welterweight? Has he had a title at welterweight at least?

Paul Williams has done both. If he stayed at welter without moving up he would never fight because no one wants him.
                  take3::
                  um, okay so what WELTER should Floyd face..WELTER..

Comment

Originally posted by tyde13 View Post
                    you should be bristling right now, *******....

be happy the fight was cancelled, b/c you would've been doubling up my e-points!
                    Right. The midget is about to fight a guy who'll come in about 20 lbs. bigger at Pac's highest fighting weight, a top 5 WW who beat up Judah and Corrales the way Floyd beat up his girlfriends.

All this while the GOAT lines up a real Murderer's Row: Nate, Matthew Hatton, Saul Alvarez, Paulie the Guido. Real tough ATGs right there. Real exciting stuff.

No wonder you *****s are jumping up in joy. At least he's undefeated, right?

Comment

Originally posted by mali1976 View Post
                      who do you suggest he should fight..starting this thread, you must have someone in mind..what welter do yo think he should face?
                      Paul Williams or wait for Mosley-Berto. It's really not that hard.

Look, I was a big time Oscar De La Hoya HATER back in the 90's, but guess what, when the hardcore fans and media got tired of his BULL****, he was forced to face the tops guys at 147.

He fought Ike Quartey, Oba Carr and Felix Trinidad in a row. In today's boxing landscape that would be equivalent to Mayweather fighting Paul Williams, Luis Collazo and Manny Pacquiao in a row. Would Floyd do that? I seriously doubt it.

After DLH fought those three, he took a tuneup (coley, i believe) and then fought Shane Mosley.

Oscar might've been a fruitcake and all, but when the fans SPOKE he LISTENED, unlike Floyd "i'm gonna cry man tears if you question my resume" Mayweather.

I was and still am a fan of Floyd, but it's dwindling... BY THE DAY!

Pac fighting Clottey is a challenge. I don't care if he's flat footed, etc... Clottey is a proven THREAT at 147 and that's enough to keep most fans happy, so for that PAC is the man.

Mayweather on the other hand is trying to make fights with Matthew Hatton and Nate Campbell? Where they do that at? This is typical FUK BOY behaviour and Floyd needs to man up and take a fight with a real threat: PAUL WILLIAMS!

And for all you guys crying about size, STFU! Floyd had even more of a size advantage over Marquez than Paul WIlliams has on Floyd.

It's time to man up or the people will FLOYDCOTT his ass right out of the sport.
                      Last edited by Michael Hall; 01-13-2010, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X