Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather is a welterweight, enough with light welters as potential challengers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tyde13 View Post
    only mayweather knows who he's fighting next....

enough with the bitching...
    and he knows its not against Pac, Cotto, Shane, Williams or Margarito.

Why you cry?

I know, I know, its getting harder and harder as the weeks go by to defend Floyd.

Pullcounter used to be exactly like you cats. He was as staunch a supporter as there ever was for Floyd.

Then he realized what we were telling him was true.

Floyd is a fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by mali1976 View Post
      you make no sense..you want Floyd to face WELTERS..then you suggest Paul Williams..um, is he a welter?..Paul facing Floyd, would be the exact thing of Floyd facing Bradley..so its a promblem for Floyd to face Bradley..but not for Paul to face Floyd?..when its the same thing..lmao
      hey..maybe they can meet halfway at Pacweight
      Has Bradley beaten a legitimate welterweight? Has he had a title at welterweight at least?

Paul Williams has done both. If he stayed at welter without moving up he would never fight because no one wants him.

Comment

Originally posted by Texanballer View Post
        Paul Malignaggi, Devon Alexander, Timothy Bradley, and Nate Campbell. Enough with this b.s.

Agreed... He needs to fight elite WW's, and stop picking on the LW's and JrWW's.

Comment

since PBF has been a WW, he has fought only a single non WW in Marquez.
          Having said that, i would prefer him to fight a legit welter as well. if he wants a tune up why not fight either Quintana/Collazo/Cintron?

Comment

Originally posted by TortillaWarrior View Post

Sure is,

a nice little streak of,

not making weight,
            getting a draw he didn't deserve,
            quitting in a fight,

yup, nice little streak of doing absolutely nothing.
            i gotta agree with tortilla butt here... quitana hasn't done crap but neither has campbell since diaz... This is my list of fighters I would be happy seeing him fight.

Bradley- one of the most skilled fighters and would be a test of two great skilled fighters

Cotto- would love to see Cotto get one good last payday and if he has anything left in the tank to give PBF fits

Mosley- because he needs to be put into retirement and I would love to see PBF put to the ultimate test from ATG

Khan- would love to travel to UK and witness the fight

Berto- see how good young berto really is compared to ATG

Williams- how his defense would be able to hold up 100 punches/rd and if pwill would be able to even get to floyd and hurt him

Martinez- if PBF could put on a clinic against one of the best technical fighters

Collazo- someone that would look good on his resume

Cintron- love to see pbf dismantle him from head to toe

Im sure u guys will disagree, but this is how I feel about each fight

Comment

Originally posted by mali1976 View Post
              you make no sense..you want Floyd to face WELTERS..then you suggest Paul Williams..um, is he a welter?..Paul facing Floyd, would be the exact thing of Floyd facing Bradley..so its a promblem for Floyd to face Bradley..but not for Paul to face Floyd?..when its the same thing..lmao
              hey..maybe they can meet halfway at Pacweight
              lol@pacweight

Comment

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
                it's ok for hopkins but not for floyd?
                The Difference between Floyd and Hopkins is the so called SMALLER Opponents (you guys bash Hopkins for) CHALLENGED Hopkins and Floyd Challenges the Smaller Opponents.

Trinidad was champion when he faced Hopkins. He was going to move up to middleweight sooner or later. Trinidad was the Favorite.

De La Hoya was a champion when he faced Hopkins even tho he lost in many minds to Sturm, but Hopkins wanted that belt.

Pavlik Challenged Hopkins because he thought he would be able to knock him out because the Calzaghe fight was ugly and he looked slower then usually. Most had Pavlik winning then when he loses everybody says Pavlik was overrated or to small for Hopkins when he is an inch taller and in a couple of years he will probably be fighting Super Middleweight or Light Heavyweight.

Winky Wright also called out Hopkins and this fight was probably a little to much for Winky but i dont think this is a GREAT win but an OKAY win. But if the fight was at 160 it would get some more credit for Hopkins BUT it would be the same result IMO. it would still be a Dirty Boxing fight that it was. And Hopkins would beat Winky 10/10 the same way he beat him, and in his prime would beat Winky more comfortably.

Hopkins fought just about every BIG NAME fighter from 160-175.

but in the LOWER weight classes there are MORE big names then the higher weights.

The Thing with Mayweather is he MAKES

Marquez come up, Marquez did call him out but so did Mosley, Williams, Cotto, Margarito, etc.

Hatton come up when Cotto, Margarito, Mosley, etc. also called him out.

And now will make Alexander, Campbell, Bradley move up when he could fight maybe Quitana, Mosley-Berto winner, Williams or ANY top 10 WW. not FREAKIN Mathew hatton.
                Last edited by dde91; 01-13-2010, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TortillaWarrior View Post
                  and he knows its not against Pac, Cotto, Shane, Williams or Margarito.

Why you cry?

I know, I know, its getting harder and harder as the weeks go by to defend Floyd.

Pullcounter used to be exactly like you cats. He was as staunch a supporter as there ever was for Floyd.

Then he realized what we were telling him was true.

Floyd is a fraud.

pac ducked floyd......

cotto and margarito BOTH are coming off TKO losses......

shane has a fight in 2 weeks, in which he'll lose.......

paul williams IS the fight i wanna see though, but like i said, quit bitching! no opponent has been named yet......

you know the ppl that are miserable, and have no lives, b/c they come on here and complain about the same **** everyday.... how can you guys make thread after thread, about **** that hasn't even happened yet?

i don't have to defend floyd's next choice of opponent, b/c i UNDERSTAND he will choose a fighter, based on the amount of money he'll bring to the table. i understand that, so i need not defend floyd, nor complain about it either.

like campbell said yesterday, HE HAS NOT spoken to anybody in camp mayweather, he's heard his name circulating, but ONLY FLOYD knows who he's fighting next.....so until FLOYD makes that announcement, quit bitching so goddam much, ladies!

JAT

Comment

Bradley is good with me but nobody else.

If he fights Paul Williams.. I will rock a Joe Calzaghe avatar and a Tarver, Johnson, and Danny Green Sig for 3 months.

Comment

Originally posted by dde91 View Post
                      The Difference between Floyd and Hopkins is the so called SMALLER Opponents (you guys bash Hopkins for) CHALLENGED Hopkins and Floyd Challenges the Smaller Opponents.

Trinidad was champion when he faced Hopkins. He was going to move up to middleweight sooner or later. Trinidad was the Favorite.

De La Hoya was a champion when he faced Hopkins even tho he lost in many minds to Sturm, but Hopkins wanted that belt.

Pavlik Challenged Hopkins because he thought he would be able to knock him out because the Calzaghe fight was ugly and he looked slower then usually. Most had Pavlik winning then when he loses everybody says Pavlik was overrated or to small for Hopkins when he is an inch taller and in a couple of years he will probably be fighting Super Middleweight or Light Heavyweight.

Winky Wright also called out Hopkins and this fight was probably a little to much for Winky but i dont think this is a GREAT win but an OKAY win. But if the fight was at 160 it would get some more credit for Hopkins BUT it would be the same result IMO. it would still be a Dirty Boxing fight that it was. And Hopkins would beat Winky 10/10 the same way he beat him, and in his prime would beat Winky more comfortably.

Hopkins fought just about every BIG NAME fighter from 160-175.

but in the LOWER weight classes there are MORE big names then the higher weights.

The Thing with Mayweather is he MAKES

Marquez come up, Marquez did call him out but so did Mosley, Williams, Cotto, Margarito, etc.

Hatton come up when Cotto, Margarito, Mosley, etc. also called him out.

And now will make Alexander, Campbell, Bradley move up when he could fight maybe Quitana, Mosley-Berto winner, Williams or ANY top 10 WW. not FREAKIN Mathew hatton.
                      This has to be lamest excuse I've ever heard. To be honest, I don't really buy the "Hopkins fought smaller fighters" crap but God that's an awful defense.

Comment

Working...
                      X