No announcement yet.

What would you all say if Nate won??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
    Credit to Nate for what he's achieved. He's clearly a world class boxer. However he has only had one fight above lightweight (and that ended quickly and without resolution) so it's reasonable for people to be unhappy with the matchup.

Funeka wasn't a nobody, but at the same time, hardly anyone on here had seen him fight, so it's not surprising that he wasn't rated that highly. Funeka dominating Guzman makes Nate's earlier victory look a lot better. That's just the way it goes sometimes.

I personally would pick Clottey to beat Campbell. So would most people on here, I'd imagine. So I think that he's a better opponent for a WW fight. Besides, Pac-Clottey has gotten a lot of criticism too.

I think Cintron would be the hardest puncher Floyd has ever faced and he's also the 2nd biggest guy Floyd has ever faced. I see that as a good fight, given the alternatives. Following the JMM fight, a lot of us don't want to see Floyd fight yet another smaller opponent who is has zero wins at either WW or JWW.

It seems as if you think that people have something personal against Nate Campbell. Maybe there are some people like that on here, but the vast majority of criticism for this matchup is not motivated by a dislike for Nate.
    no, not at all. Thats only a few people. There will always be the ******s who in any thread mentioning Nate will post the peden clip and some emoticons and think they are funny. Kinda like Arum teling the Floyd vs Calderon joke. Ok Bob, it was funny the first 86 times you told it, but can we move on now?

Comment

Originally posted by Bootneck View Post
      maybe if oscar didn't come looking for a fight.

diaz was already planned to be his next fight. that's why they put david on the marquez-pacquiao 2 undercard.

remember nate barely beat juan diaz a couple of weeks before the pac-jmm fight.

maybe if pac stayed at 135 longer.

doubt it. juan manuel marquez and juan diaz (even though he lost to nate) and even joel casamayor was more money.
      agreed.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ash_Ketchum View Post

He wasn't offered a De La Hoya fight. Roach called out De La Hoya for Pacquiao.
        yeah after delahoya's people and pacquiao's people already talked about it.

delahoya was suppose to rematch mayweather.

mayweather retired.

delahoya probably was hoping for a cotto fight.

margarito beat cotto.

delahoya's next choice was hatton.

hatton wanted to fight malignaggi as a tuneup first.

that's when delahoya picked pacquiao. he thought it'd be a big name , big money but easy tuneup.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
          no, not at all. Thats only a few people. There will always be the ******s who in any thread mentioning Nate will post the peden clip and some emoticons and think they are funny. Kinda like Arum teling the Floyd vs Calderon joke. Ok Bob, it was funny the first 86 times you told it, but can we move on now?
          Why wont Campbell just rematch Bradley???

It'd be nice to see Campbell get his multi million dollar payday but as a fan i would much rather see him in a winnable, competitive fight as opposed to a sacrificial lamb.

Comment

Originally posted by Telepath View Post
            How about that signature of yours.
            Yeah, I don't support Pac anymore. I'm watching the fight for Clottey.

Clottey is a beast.

TBH Pac surprised me. I thought he was gonna duck Mayweather, but instead he's now fighting a legit top WW who has never been stopped and at the best venue it could be at. The classic Football stadium, as it should be in boxing.

I might make a trip to Dallas for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              agreed.....
              oscar should have just fought margarito when margarito killed delahoya-cotto.

it would have been less embarassing for him to lose to margarito.

he robbed 135 of some good fights.

pacquiao-campbell , pacquiao-diaz , pacquiao-casamayor , pacquiao-marquez 3 could have all happened at 135.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post

It'd be nice to see Campbell get his multi million dollar payday but as a fan i would much rather see him in a winnable, competitive fight as opposed to a sacrificial lamb.
                just so theres no confusion about this, Nate would rematch Bradley anytime, anyplace. Your question is better directed at Team Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by Bootneck View Post
                  oscar should have just fought margarito when margarito killed delahoya-cotto.

it would have been less embarassing for him to lose to margarito.

he robbed 135 of some good fights.

pacquiao-campbell , pacquiao-diaz , pacquiao-casamayor , pacquiao-marquez 3 could have all happened at 135.
                  i forget which presser it was at, but oscar said a long time ago that he would NEVER fight Margarito........

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post

and just to follow up, one of the scenarios we were hoping for is that everyone else would be busy (floyd, JMM, hatton, Khan, Maidana, etc) and that Bradley might not have a dance partner either. We figure that is our only shot of getting that rematch. But the more I think about it, I bet Shaw would let Bradley sit out before he would put him in again with Nate. JMO....

Comment

So is this fight close to getting signed?

Comment

Working...
                      X