No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Clottey: No Catch-Weight Needed Says Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boxingfan76 View Post
    mark my words manny will be eating a lot of leather from clottey, pacman has not faced a true right hander since jmm,plus clottey will be 160lbs fight night anyone whom thinks this fight a sure win for pacman will be surprised.manny will be eating a lot of right hands,even if he wins.
    Don't forget about Clotty's tight defense. I just wonder if Clotty can keep it up for the whole fight and not fade away. Either way this fight will be a good fight and Clotty shouldnt be underestimated.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      You hear it from?

The whole thing was Roach asking for 145, Floyd countering at 154 and then compromising at 147... That is what the "wiggle room" meant...

You can stop somebody for re-hydration. There is no way you can make a fight weigh-himself on fight night. No commission will approve such a contract. And, there is no rules to weigh-in unofficially you can have full clothes, shoes whatever... That is something Pac haters made up.... But, whatever it takes to discredit Pac...
      According to team mayweather there was never a 154 request and seeing as though arum lied about the 14 day proposal I tend to think he mislead with that as well.

Comment

• There is no reason to compromise on weight, unless one party is trying to get an advantage over the other. No matter WHO !

Comment

• What made them need one for Cotto and not Clottey? Clottey arguably
          beat Cotto and to me is better defensively and lil more technical than
          Cotto. Either way I'm happy for Clottey and truly hope he wins because
          he deserves this shot at Pacquiao and a big win, considering Arum has
          done lil for him up until now.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            You hear it from?

The whole thing was Roach asking for 145, Floyd countering at 154 and then compromising at 147... That is what the "wiggle room" meant...

You can stop somebody for re-hydration. There is no way you can make a fight weigh-himself on fight night. No commission will approve such a contract. And, there is no rules to weigh-in unofficially you can have full clothes, shoes whatever... That is something Pac haters made up.... But, whatever it takes to discredit Pac...
            im gonna be real, how in the **** could you possibly lend any credibility to freddie roach at the moment with all of the contridictions and lies that have been passed on for the last 2 months? Seriously. Mayweathers team, ellerbe and the rest of them are some ****in liars themselves, but to lend any credibility to that 154lb **** doesnt make ANY sense.

I really wanna know why you would even take that claim serious, especially since the "wiggle room" turned out to be a 10million dollar penalty for anything over 147lbs. explain youre position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
              Didnt he fougthh DLH at 147?.

You *******s are worst hipocrits than the *****s!
              De LaHoya ruined himself by overtraining and over dehydrating (then, probably, over- rehydrating), to show us all an Oscar that nobody had ever seen before, nor even imagined that such a performance could ever come from Oscar on his very WORST day.

He LOOKED great, =for a photo=, but had trained away all his strength and athleticism.

About 6=7 days or so before the fight (correct me if I'm wrong on the amount of days) I read an interview from Oscar, in which, when asked about any weight problem, was very proud to reveal that he was already down to 143.5 lbs, after his daily training stint was over.

Sooooo.... whilst he WAS under 147, it wasn't a good, healthy 147.

Comment

• Originally posted by ~Alar~ View Post
                He looks like a MW-SMW in the ring... No KO pissible. Pacquaio by close decision...
                Looks have nothing to do with it, I bet Pac knocks him out too. They are not going to put Pac in there with someone that will whoop his ass. Not only is Roach a great trainer, he's a great match maker as well. Watch Clottey vs Cotto and see how Cotto drops him with a solid jab in the first. Yes it may have been the first round but it wasn't like a huge hook, just a solid jab. If Cotto can do that to Clottey, Pac can knock him out. Clottey is no better that Cotto, IMO. If so he's just a little better.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  Manny Pacquiao's defense of the WBO welterweight title against Joshua Clottey will not involve a catch-weight. Top Rank CEO Bob Arum told the Manila Bulletin that Pacquiao-Clottey will have no weight stipulations. The fight will be Pacquiao's third at welterweight. He fought and stopped Oscar De La Hoya in 2008. He moved down to 140 to knock Ricky Hatton out last May and then returned to welterweight in November to win the title from Miguel Cotto but there was a catch-weight of 145. With all of the catch-weight fights in the sport, it's refreshing to see a title being defended at the actual division limit. [Click Here To Read More]

Of-course no catch weight is needed.When your fighting a fighter that keeps himself covered up and make you play guessing games on when is he gonna throw a punch, no catchweight is needed.

And when you combine that with roid usage and Pac uncles judging the fight,its a guaranteed win for Pac.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.I.C. View Post
                    Can somebody explain why Arum, almost in a panic, rushed to sign another fight? Everyday he declared May-Pac off, he never wanted to put Pac in with May, Clottey aint no money maker, makes no sense!
                    The exlanation is so SIMPLE that it now hurts me to laugh. They had a very valuable, locked in, date from HBO and were already past the date needed to meaningfully promote this fight and leave sufficient time for the boxers to properly train.

I would think that, since Arum has a promotional responsibility to both fighters, to provide them with good fight paydays, it was obligatory for him to "nail down" a proper opponent, and, in this case, having both fighters under contract, he was doing his duty towards them both.

Comment

• Pacman

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
                      So you idiots are saying if the guy is a threat, they need to handicap the guy?

Damn *******s are so ******ed!
                      WONT BE ON ROIDS WHEN HE FIGHTS CLOTTEY THATS YYY HE'LL GET HIS ASS KICKED.

Comment

Working...
                      X