No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Clottey: No Catch-Weight Needed Says Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by csko-2k1 View Post
    he doesn't need catchweight for clottey but for cotto he did!!two pounds killed cotto,,two pounds helped mayweather vs marquez,,,cotto was skinnier that ever vs manny,,pacquiao didn,t even want 14 day random etc..taken..pacquiao is taking these fights but out of all i think this one might be true,cause he isn't gonna drain this guy like the others....but watch him come out with something at the end,,,catchweight at 140 vs clottey!!!!!!
    Cotto came in 146 with the clottey fight..

For **** sake.. Cotto only needed to take a **** to reach 145..

Comment

Originally posted by tyde13 View Post
      there was a rehydration clause for oscar.....

he couldn't weigh in over 147 for the weigh-in.....he couldn't rehydrate to over 147 for the fight.....there was a 1 million dollar per pound penalty....
      1.I never saw an official or serious link about that.RUMOR.

Pac is def a legend,so much rumors but no proofs....

*****s are poor dudes.

2.So if it was the case,Manny went from 135 pounds,and it was his first fight at 135.
      DLH wasn't allowed to outweigh Manny by 15 lbs like Floyd did with Marquez that's the point.
      Manny don't sell his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        To be honest, I chose Oscar... I was always a big Pacquiao fan. Ever since he beat Ledwaba. But, the night he stomped on Oscar. Especially after Oscar ducked Margarito, WInky, Forrest, and Martinez. And, decided to pick on a LW. And, then Pac made that ***** quit. That night I became a *******....
        Nice stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by tyde13 View Post
          there was a rehydration clause for oscar.....

he couldn't weigh in over 147 for the weigh-in.....he couldn't rehydrate to over 147 for the fight.....there was a 1 million dollar per pound penalty....
          Link please...

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            Link please...
            Thast not the first time I heard that. I heard the same thing for cotto.

And during the Pac-Floyd talks remember the talk about Floyd needing "wiggle room"..I believe thats what they meant.

They were talking about fight night weight.

If Floyd needed "wiggle room" for 147.....why the heck did he accept to pay 10,000,000 per pound?

Comment

I'm a little worried about Clottey's health. He doesn't move his head enough. And we know pacquiao is a savage beast.

Comment

Originally posted by renren40 View Post
                I'm a little worried about Clottey's health. He doesn't move his head enough. And we know pacquiao is a savage beast.
                He also doesnt hrow enough punches.

He also stays in his shell to long.

He also has TERRIBLE stamina.

He also moves in str8 lines.

He also doesnt give angles.

He also is flat-footed.

Pac will dominate him...

Comment

Originally posted by TboneNYC09 View Post
                  Oh,no catch weight for Clottey.Roach must be confident of Manny winning in this one.Thats it boys,keep picking and choosing who Manny needs to fight at catch weights and who he doesn't.I guess Mannys team were second guessing a win for the Cotto fight..lol If there is any kind of threat that Manny can lose to his opponent then they throw in the restrictions.
                  Manny only fought one time at catchweight,like Floyd.

And I repeat,Cotto at 145 is a bigger threat than Marquez at 144,BY MILES.
                  Especially if you come over 144 at the weight and don't respect the catchweight.LOL

But you are right,a fighter who was fightin at 130 in 2008 and is fightin a tough as nails big WW who weigh 160 lbs fight night in his prime at 147 in 2010 is a cherry picking.LOL

I can't believe it,this forum is gettin worst weeks after weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian 28 View Post
                    Thast not the first time I heard that. I heard the same thing for cotto.

And during the Pac-Floyd talks remember the talk about Floyd needing "wiggle room"..I believe thats what they meant.

They were talking about fight night weight.

If Floyd needed "wiggle room" for 147.....why the heck did he accept to pay 10,000,000 per pound?
                    You hear it from?

The whole thing was Roach asking for 145, Floyd countering at 154 and then compromising at 147... That is what the "wiggle room" meant...

You can stop somebody for re-hydration. There is no way you can make a fight weigh-himself on fight night. No commission will approve such a contract. And, there is no rules to weigh-in unofficially you can have full clothes, shoes whatever... That is something Pac haters made up.... But, whatever it takes to discredit Pac...

Comment

• mark my words manny will be eating a lot of leather from clottey, pacman has not faced a true right hander since jmm,plus clottey will be 160lbs fight night anyone whom thinks this fight a sure win for pacman will be surprised.manny will be eating a lot of right hands,even if he wins.

Comment

Working...
                      X