No announcement yet.

Roach: "If they give me a 5 DAY WINDOW...."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sandyvahra View Post
    Im convinced its getting signed. They made up for lack of promo time very fast.
    Point 1. Obviously the camp hasn't heard everything.

Point 2. The car analogy was used as an example to not show your full hand at the beginning of the game. Not compare a 50k car to a 40mill purse.

Point 3. Maybe it shouldnt have gotten to this, but it has. On top of that, Arum and Pac were willing to negotiate the blood testing. If they had a problem with it, they should have refused from day 1.

Point 4. Floyd NEVER went over 147lbs in a welterweight fight. The penalty they have placed is if Floyd goes over 147lbs in their ww fight, which he has never done in his career. So there is no credibility that Floyd would go over the welterweight limit.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
      Ok, and what's your point? Now Team Mayweather has blurted out their compromise deal... a more than fair one.

And stubborn is an opinion.

Saying you NEED a 30 day cutoff for no testing, is stubborn in and of itself.

Only in the last week, has Arum said 24 days is now acceptable because they were caught redhanded doing it in the Hatton fight.

Within that same week, Team Mayweather offered 14 days.
      Ok, let's say they are the more stubborn side then. Manny has been trying to eek out a deal with the drug testing, from the normal nevada rules to unlimited urine testing, to 24 days. Floyd took a lot longer time to agree on a compromise but was not even talked about before mediation.

My point being, nobody was rushing Floyd to make a compromise and now suddenly everybody wants Manny to do so in a blink of an eye?

Like I said before, I would prefer if the fighters negotiate for themselves. Arum is making this a circus act.

Comment

14 days = 10 days to juice (going with *****'s posting 24-48 hour cycles)
        24 = 20
        It's all hypothetical. We could just as easily say well Mayweather wanted random testing throughout the entire camp initally. He believes Pac's juicing. Now he offers 14 so what is it, pac is juicing or he is ok with pac juicing for 10 days?

See how it's just nitpicking at this point. It's horrible for boxing.
        As I already explained, nobody is taking PEDs a week before fight time, because you are winding down training camp. You are not pushing yourself in training during fight week. If you noticed I took off 7 days for both the 14 day compromise and the 24 day compromise.

He offered 14 days to just get the fight done. Credit to him.

Comment

24 = 20
          It's all hypothetical. We could just as easily say well Mayweather wanted random testing throughout the entire camp initally. He believes Pac's juicing. Now he offers 14 so what is it, pac is juicing or he is ok with pac juicing for 10 days?

no basicaly its if he is using he cant until 14 days untill the fight pretty much
          thats all the hard part of the traing camp done so its just wind down part of the camp where he wont be tested 14 days is a real compromise not no freakin 30 to 24 lol 6 days u *******s are talking 48 hours ..take the 14 days pac

Comment

24 = 20

--------

Yeah but Pac weight draining Cotto to a catchweight and STILL fighting for the welterweight title was GREAT for boxing.

Love the hypocrites.

Comment

Way to reply to the content.
              As far as which one of Pac's stories. Well it's team Pac really. I think Pac believes he was weakened in 2005 and lost that fight because of the last minute testing. Plain and simple. Mentally things can affect everyone differently.

Now i think 14 days is fine, for me.

But now answer my question, was agreeing to more testing than any fighter in history for a single bout and going above and beyong 40 years of boxing after being accused of juicing not the biggest concession of this entire fiasco?

Comment

Originally posted by - JCHING - View Post
                I still think the fight will be signed.

Theres nowhere for Roach and Arum to run now that Floyd has made the 14 day offer. It will make them look too suspicious.

Call me crazy, but I'm still expecting the January 11th press conference announcing the fight.
                I agree. This fight will be signed. Friday Night Fights kicks off a new season tonight and they will be talking about the fight being signed. Just a gut feeling. I hope I'm right!

Comment

Originally posted by shabs View Post
                  yaya but thats not what hes saying at the negotiating table or at least thats not what hes saying now hes offering a 24 day window so stop posting that 1 or 2 days cause its not relevent cuz he'll never agree to that hell he didnt agree to 14 days what makes u think hell take 2 or 3 days b4 the fight be real *******..lol
                  I haven't heard Pac disagree with the 14 day proposal from Floyd so your making up stories. Don't confuse Arum with Manny, cause it's not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by AIR_KENG View Post
                    Ok, let's say they are the more stubborn side then. Manny has been trying to eek out a deal with the drug testing, from the normal nevada rules to unlimited urine testing, to 24 days. Floyd took a lot longer time to agree on a compromise but was not even talked about before mediation.
                    These stipulations were in the contract from day 1 of negotiations.. only a few weeks ago have they made a big deal about the testing when it was in the contract the entire time.

My point being, nobody was rushing Floyd to make a compromise and now suddenly everybody wants Manny to do so in a blink of an eye?
                    I think both sides were equally rushed to make a compromise, and at this point we are the closest we have ever been to that. With the press conferences originially slated for next week anyways, surely 3 days is enough time for Pac to decide if 2 full weeks is sufficient for him.

Like I said before, I would prefer if the fighters negotiate for themselves. Arum is making this a circus act.
                    I agree completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruz Li Baggin View Post
                      *****s devoid of logic.

read this .

pac isn't afraid of the 14 day window because he's clean. roach's word of 5 days is proof and more than what your coward wanted.

you have to realize that pac is god and mayweather needs to do is kneel and bow. mayweather needs pac and not pac. hard for *****s to imagine pac walking away from $30M.

besides, how dare *****s think only team mayweather knows how to play mind games? hahahahahahaha.

and pac being the true fighter, the draw and the most exciting fighter of today will bend over a coward?
                      You have a failure of a post and as of right now, your fellow countryman has failed boxing.

14 days.
                      Last edited by p4p-champ; 01-08-2010, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X