No announcement yet.

Roach: "If they give me a 5 DAY WINDOW...."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sandyvahra View Post
    You would think by using PEDs in the last 7 days he wouldnt push himself but be ready to unleash on fight night? I would think PED's would change the whole dynamic of training camp.

make a sentence. if you're gonna copy reed's posts atleast input your own opinion on some level. ill continue talking to reed, thanks.

lol .....well whats ur opinion on pac not wanting random drug tests at all and making a big deal out of this???

Comment

Agreed, but this is a brought down method. I still think with PED's it would change the dynamic of training camp. Winding down or not, if you have it in your system and flush it closer to fight night with heavy or light work at the end of the day you've been using.

Ofcourse im no doctor, but common sense tells me that If i can flush it out in 48 hours, Ill use it up until 2 days before the fight regardless of how heavy or light im working in camp.
      Actually, if I myself was taking them, I would stop taking them a week before just to ensure I wasn't caught in the post fight testing.

And really would be the point? To enhance your half day, semi-workouts? I don't really see it as an issue... It's also a moot point now that Floyd is willing to do 14 days...

Comment

• Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
        Well the point is, you claim the concessions that Manny makes.. but you don't accept the concessions that Floyd has made. Regardless if Floyd came in over weight, nobody has ever agreed to a 10 million dollar penalty.. and he agreed immediately... my point of that comment, like yours previously, was that it was also a concession. A huge one.

You are comparing the state law to boxing negotiations? That's completely different. Have other boxers gone over contracted weight? Have they ever had to pay a 10 million dollar penalty? EVER?

100k, Ok.... 1 million... eh, alright.

10 MILLION DOLLARS. That is a HUGE concession.
        I agree it's a concession, I'll give him credit but with a grain of salt because I believe he'll have no problem making weight. This just goes back to his reputation stemming from the marquez fight. Your second offense of anything should be more punishable than the 1st. He was to pay jmm 1mill per pound until he restructured. 10 mill for a second offence is steep, but again it's mayweather...and it's needed because they cant just pull the plug on the fight last minute if floyd comes in heavy.

Comment

I agree it's a concession, I'll give him credit but with a grain of salt because I believe he'll have no problem making weight. This just goes back to his reputation stemming from the marquez fight. Your second offense of anything should be more punishable than the 1st. He was to pay jmm 1mill per pound until he restructured. 10 mill for a second offence is steep, but again it's mayweather...and it's needed because they cant just pull the plug on the fight last minute if floyd comes in heavy.
          My point was that both sides have made concessions. Tell me this, and be honest... when you heard FLoyd agreed to 50-50 were you surprised?

Not because that's what Pac SHOULD have gotten, but that Floyd himself was fine with it immediately?

I sure was...

Anyways, I have been at work for 2 hours and haven't done a damn thing, I will talk to you guys in a bit..

Comment

Actually, if I myself was taking them, I would stop taking them a week before just to ensure I wasn't caught in the post fight testing.

And really would be the point? To enhance your half day, semi-workouts? I don't really see it as an issue... It's also a moot point now that Floyd is willing to do 14 days...
            If i knew for a fact 48 hours was safe, I'd go 72.

The point would be to have that one crazy high performance. Again im not a user so I dont know the all everything about this stuff but I'd think taking them closer to fight night would make u better on fight night.

At the end of the day I dont think he's juicing, so I do have a problem with somehow people thinking the onus is on pac to prove he's clean by taking these tests when he's been clean his whole career. Just doesn't sit well with me.

Comment

If i knew for a fact 48 hours was safe, I'd go 72.

The point would be to have that one crazy high performance. Again im not a user so I dont know the all everything about this stuff but I'd think taking them closer to fight night would make u better on fight night.

At the end of the day I dont think he's juicing, so I do have a problem with somehow people thinking the onus is on pac to prove he's clean by taking these tests when he's been clean his whole career. Just doesn't sit well with me.
              I don't think he's taking anything either...

Comment

• Originally posted by - JCHING - View Post
                I still think the fight will be signed.

Theres nowhere for Roach and Arum to run now that Floyd has made the 14 day offer. It will make them look too su****ious.

Call me crazy, but I'm still expecting the January 11th press conference announcing the fight.
                Co-sign!!....

Comment

• Originally posted by No1 View Post
                  I liked manny but it was so strange seeing him bully and hurt cotto when not even shane mosley could. I
                  The cotto that manny fought was not the same cotto that mosely fought, The Cotto that mosely fought was properly trained, hadn't taken a beating from Margaritto and was hungry.

I don't see that as an implication of PED use, i think alot of fighters would have beaten that cotto that night, except maybe Clottey, who would lose a close decision, (which oddly enough is probably manny's next fight)

Comment

My point was that both sides have made concessions. Tell me this, and be honest... when you heard FLoyd agreed to 50-50 were you surprised?

Not because that's what Pac SHOULD have gotten, but that Floyd himself was fine with it immediately?

I sure was...

Anyways, I have been at work for 2 hours and haven't done a damn thing, I will talk to you guys in a bit..
                    Don't get me wrong I agree both sides have made concessions, and both are partly to blame for the fiasco. Was I surprised with floyd accepting 50/50 so quick? Absolutely, but that isn't a concession in my mind it was a must.

Anyone level headed will tell you this thing isn't black and white, its shades of gray. I can't help but go back to the big picture, and the biggest issue in my mind is 1. accusing a guy of juicing trying to defame him (classless, and they could have 'accused' tastefully) and more importantly 2. Annointing yourself as the commisioner and trying to change 40 years of testing for one fight. Trying to change the testing you've each done your entire careers. He just isn't in the position to do it, the commision should. You think of all the fighters that fought in Nevada, and what this guy is doing now by basically insulting the NSAC procedures just doesn't sit well with me, and the majority agree with that.

Anyway good chattin but I've gotta get a move on. I'll stop by later.

Comment

• Get Floyd. I had my doughts buu....ttt **** you Manny Pac***

Comment

Working...
                      X