Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: All That’s Golden Doesn’t Glitter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great article. bad weather jr is the one ducking those big name ww. He retired because of so many ww that can knock him out. He came back to fight pacman coz he think its an easy fight. But when pacman knock out big ww cotto. floyd s looking for way out. Demanding condition that only he can think of. To level the playing field ****. He's the one who cheated JMM by weighing middle weight in their match

Comment

• Very well written article. Sums everything I was feeling. Couldn't have been said any better all in one place. Where was the concern for the good of the sport prior to this fight? Nowhere. Smh.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        Against Floyd Sr. maybe but still even then a good lawyer should be able to get him off. Besides what does Floyd Sr. even have to take, GBP and Floyd are the ones that could be hurt by a lawsuit it is doubtful that he would be able to get them.

To me it is just a dumb thing to start because the risk is to high and the reward to little, because the damage would already be done and taking it to court would just make this whole thing drag out longer. It is best to just let it go away, which it may not but the less it gets talked about the better it is for Manny.
        That's not necessarily true. In civil suits, there's no such thing as "proving anything beyond a reasonable doubt." It's pretty much a matter of did Sr. say something without proof to back it up. And he did. It's pretty much going to be, how much money will Manny get from the suit.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          I read the blog first hand I don't need you to tell me what he said, that is not really accusing. I have th same exact question fighting better drug testing is exactly what the baseball players did and it turns out a bunch were using PED I do not trust any athletes and when their whole team fights this har it raises certain questions.

He can take it whatever way he wants, and he can do whatever he wants but those questions are legitiamte and all Manny needed to do was say yes and this whole ordeal would not have happeaned.
          wait a minute, did Manny Pacquiao say no to drug testing? as far as i know manny agreed to it, only not so close to the fight coz it would weakened him. why keep saying that pac doesnt want to be tested

Comment

• Pac vs Mayweather 1

Looking at the various media articles, the alleged comments from either camp - - personally, i believe Pacquiao is not against drug test (i.e. even blood tests in principle, if this has been applied consistently in all professional boxing fights) - IT'S BASICALLY THE IDEA OF RELINQUISHING CONTROL to your opponent. Part of the battle is not just in the ring, but the mental/psyche side. I'm sure if Pacquiao accepted all the requests from Mayweather (a camp that is not a paragon of virtues/including Golden Boy that have protected Mosley from similar requests in the past against Zab Judah and now trying too hard to be "saints"), Mayweather will say "see - I'm the biggest persona in boxing; all roads end with Mayweather; even the great Pacquiao accede to my commands". Pacquiao sees that! and the focus boxing fan sees that!

Comment

• Pac vs Mayweather 2

Some info on HGH (from online medical sources): HGH taken alone is actually ineffective in enhancing performance. What the studies show is that HGH can only be effective when it is taken in conjunction with anabolic steroids (i.e. steriods can be detected by urine testing). This means that in order to get the maximum effect an athlete must take both at the same time. The trouble with this fact is that as mentioned earlier anabolic steroids can easily be detected, and with a simple urine test you can already get caught. The information campaign could also lay some emphasis on the possible risks and side effects that can result from too much intake of HGH. Some of these are acromelagy, which in layman's terms is gigantism, increased risk of diabetes, swelling of joints, edema, being more prone to different types of cancer and many others. If this can be done then it would probably dissuade athletes from even thinking about taking HGH.

Bottom line: We have boxing writers right now that are trying to say a "one way street" on HGH, however, if you look at the medical facts . . its not "conclusive" and likely much is to be learned and studied about these drugs. However, No amount of drugs will (1) improve your skills and strategy in the ring e.g. if this drug made everybody smarter or gave them a new fountain of skills, everybody will be using it!; (2) the idea of bulking up, c'mon - PacMan is known and recognize for his "speed", not his bulk body or armor muscles. If you ask me, bulking up, would actually sacrifice your speed . . so isn't this an anti-thesis of the Pacquiao fast machine; (3) in this high stakes negotiation where each side attempts to get the better deal i.e. Mayweather's request was answered "half-way" by Pacquiao - 3 blood tests (after fight announcement, before 30 days and just after the fight), these blood tests are not required for professional/competitive boxing in Nevada (Las Vegas), but Pacquiao offered this. The test just after the fight, should provide conclusive and reliable evidence that meet Olympic standards if Pac took anything! (these drugs stay in the body at least a week, depending of quantity taken); (4) Let's take a look at the messenger of this "unsubstantiated allegations" - Mayweathers camp - goodness! these guys are not the bastion of honesty and purity, heck, they could produce a reality series with their numerous court cases, run-ins with the law, tax problems, what have you.

We don't know whether this fight will push through or not . . however, the ascent of Manny to the top of the boxing world was duly documented in 24/7/media outlets/stories that show: (a) Manny took long hours in the gym, working on a strategy, improving his right hand to be as good as the left hand i.e. if this guy was really on super-performance drugs - why waste too many hours in the gym when you have super strength? why improve your right hand, when with the aid of this wonder drug, all you need is an ultra-power left?; (b) Manny has not shown the behavior of a guy in super-drugs who is all "about me . . me . . i can do this easily". Instead, if you ask Manny - he will just say - "I will try my best to do well, hopefully to win for the Filipino people" or "give God glory". I have not heard any of those humble words from all the drug convicted top athletes; and (c) Finally, no amount of "Mayweather or his minions propaganda" nor articles from writers that quick to judge on unwarranted accusations - - Society and the fans (casual/hard-core) will collectively in its wisdom make their own decisions - and vote empathically with their wallets (e.g. PPV/gate attendance). That will be the definitive statement!.

Comment

• Originally posted by KASHIF KHAN View Post
                I'm shocked that people even see this as normal. It's not normal to accuse another fighter without any other reason but that they beat people in good fashion. Floyd jr doesn't care if he makes sense or not. Its out of order to try and damage another fighters career full stop. Does that make sense people? A fighter trains hard all his life to eventually get the credit for his accomplishments. I'm so glad that Manny Pacquiao has put his foot down against those crooks. Now that they have to deal with a court who don't take any nonsense they will have to think about their actions.
                i agree on this!!!!!

Mayweather shdnt been bitching at the 1st place...

now, mayweather wont get his money.

pacquiao files lawsuit clears his name... maySr, mayjr GBP gets to pay PAc

for the damages....

pac gets his millions without breaking a sweat....

Comment

• Good article, but "off of" is not acceptable grammar.

Comment

• Originally posted by lead_right View Post
                    Where is ur proof that he used Crack?
                    Man just look at him. LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by lead_right View Post
                      wow,

Reported for racism.

You just made it racist by taking offence.

Comment

Working...
                      X