No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Plans Legal Battle With Mayweathers, Golden Boy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onedream722 View Post
    lose income?? when he can a test??? a judge would not rule this as an extreme measure to take, therefore there wouldn't be specific damages...he will fight on
    the reference point, i believe, is senior's initial defamatory statement after the cotto fight. he cant say it was just an an opinion because it contains specific assertions of fact (that pac is on roids) that can be proved untrue (tests).

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
      If anyone believes this, please PM me. I just won $110 million in the the lottery and I want to share part of my winnings with you.....in exchange for a small amout of seed money to cover the costs of shipping and handling.

First of all, Floyd Jr. has not been quoted as saying that Manny was taking performance-enhancing drugs. As far as I know, Golden Boy's CEO has not publicly stated it either, so unless I have missed something they were quoted as saying, neither of them can be sued for slander. Libel charges can only be levelled against a media outlet that publishes or airs false allegations. Neither Floyd Jr. or Golden Boy's CEO own a publication, so they can't be sued for libel.

Second, you can only win a libel or slander suit if you can prove in court that 1) the allegations are false and 2) the allegations have harmed you professionally (ex: caused you to lose a job or lose money or lose customers if you are involved in a business of some kind). Pac has not lost anything so far so he couldn't win this suit even if it was true, which I don't believe.

Third, libel suits are the most difficult to win in court because the burden of proof is on the plaintiff and the proof has to be substantial. Pac couldn't win this suit even if he actually tried.

How do I know these things? Because I majored in Journalism in college and the rules of libel and slander were among the the first things we were studied. Also, if you conducted some research, you will find very few successful libel and slander suits. Lou Dibella won one against Bernard Hopkins a few years ago but Dibella had Hopkins slanderous comments on tape and proved that his comments were harmful to his professional endeavors.

This is an example Arum's posturing. Remember, this is the man who once said, "I was lying yesterday. I am telling the truth today."
      LOL..i dont think anyone from team mayweather has ever said Manny was on STEROIDS...Mayweather Sr. said SUPPLEMENTS. Ariza himself said he gives Pacquiao "supplements"

Comment

• Originally posted by GameBullDawg View Post
        See dumbass,,,, the little word if,,,,let you off,,, MAYBE , maybe not,,,,,, you just slandered Pac and his team !!!!!!!
        Yeah so include me in the lawsuit and half of boxingscene, *********, ********, and doghouse while you at it

Comment

• Not like it will go anywhere..

Just bad for boxing.

Comment

• in any case, let pac's team file the case. let the court decide whether it has a leg to stand on. that's the proper venue to clear all the roiding allegations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Killa_Kali View Post
              why would it be a waste on time when pac can get millions in damages by stating (and proving) that the allegations caused him to lose present and future income?
              Because he wouldnt win and it would just keep the steroid talk in the media.

Comment

• Merry Christmas *******s!!! Nyhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by Killa_Kali View Post
                  the reference point, i believe, is senior's initial defamatory statement after the cotto fight. he cant say it was just an an opinion because it contains specific assertions of fact (that pac is on roids) that can be proved untrue (tests).
                  omg wow...i can say "i think that lady is pregnant"...but she just happens to be fat...would u consider that a defamatory statement? NO...just because a statement was proven false does not mean it's defamatory...if that was the case..then there would be TRILLIONS of defamatory cases.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by VERSATILE2K10 View Post
                    Watch the judge tell Manny to take the test to prove them wrong.Hahahahahaahahahahahahahaa
                    The burden of proof for Pacman is merely the slander/defamation the mayweathers created.

Pacman is not required to submit to a blood test. The burden of proof is on the mayweather.

Comment

• floyd has no basis for making manny take the additional tests. manny has every right to refuse it.

Comment

Working...
                      X