No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Plans Legal Battle With Mayweathers, Golden Boy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onedream722 View Post
    that's true but seniors comments don't fall in any of this...do you know that if he ACTUALLY was accused of defamation than boxingscene and all the newspapers that published that defamation can be sued as well? In addition to a person who publishes a "known" false statement or anyone who republishes a defamatory statement is also liable fore defamation, even if he or she cites the original source of the defamation?

what do you think his damages would be? he wouldn't be losing money by being accused of steroids...he simply can comply with simple testing...and that's not too much to ask the plaintiff to go out of the way to do...he is a professional athlete for christ sakes!!!!!!
    if it's printed in newspapers, that would be libel.

if the steroid accusations cause him to lose income, he can sue for damages.

Comment

Originally posted by mclovin View Post
      are you a lawyer???
      do only lawyers know about laws???? Its called an education..you should try to get one after middle school you loser

Comment

Originally posted by M.I.C. View Post
        The only thing I know if true is that since beating Cotto, Team Pacquiao has been hard at work flushing any trace of Roids out of Manny's system. By the time he finally takes his scheduled everyone knows its coming blood test, I'm sure he'll be clean as a whistle.
        See dumbass,,,, the little word if,,,,let you off,,, MAYBE , maybe not,,,,,, you just slandered Pac and his team !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mclovin View Post
          facts my ass !!!! LOL

prove it in court. we gonna witness your crack head and ex convict family pay a heavy fine...... and your crying of roids will shatter your delusional thinking of " OH God please put pac on roids so my BF can get away " LOL

Pac is a roid head until proven innocent, and right now HE DOESN'T WANNA DO THAT!! , all Floyd Sr has to do is use Ariza's own words against Pac when he said "no-one knows what i give Pac..Pac doesn't even know" LOL that's enough to question whether Pac is using, i know it's hard for dumb *******s like you to see your hero's status start to vanish before your very eyes but THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS TO DIRTY FIGHTERS!! .

Comment

Originally posted by M.I Truth ? View Post
            Pac wont sue because it would be a waste of time. Even if he twst negative in court he defense would just point out it would be ****** and pointless to juice during a trial. The only way They would have a chance is if they could prove Sr. Knew what he was saying was false and said it anyway. Manny and camp are smarter than that.
            why would it be a waste on time when pac can get millions in damages by stating (and proving) that the allegations caused him to lose present and future income?

Comment

Originally posted by Killa_Kali View Post
              if it's printed in newspapers, that would be libel.

if the steroid accusations cause him to lose income, he can sue for damages.
              lose income?? when he can SIMPLY take a test that other professional athletes are taking??? a judge would not rule this as an extreme measure to take, therefore there wouldn't be specific damages...he will fight on

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
                If this case has no leg to stand on, why did Floyd Sr change his tune and say he was "joking" when previously threatened with a lawsuit by Team Pacquiao?
                This case has no leg to stand on against Floyd Jr. or Golden Boy. If anyone, he could only sue Floyd Sr., and his case against him would be weak. This is an example of Arum's posturing. It won't work. The fight will be signed by the end of the month and Arum will either forget or deny that he mentioned anything about a lawsuit.

Comment

[QUOTE=
                  his comments fall in non of these categories and his comments were not made with malice (no way of knowing these comments are 100% false) so he will be protected by the public figure privilege...sorry pac[/QUOTE]

NOT MADE WITH MALICE ????????? LMAO !!!!!!!! They were Defaming !!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
                    I'm blazed already.

Merry Christmas to all my fellow *******s.

**** Mayweather. **** GBP.
                    Merry Christmas *******s!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                      This case has no leg to stand on against Floyd Jr. or Golden Boy. If anyone, he could only sue Floyd Sr., and his case against him would be weak. This is an example of Arum's posturing. It won't work. The fight will be signed by the end of the month and Arum will either forget or deny that he mentioned anything about a lawsuit.
                      and arum knows a lot of bout law...he should know manny has no case

they can't prove any damages...when he is a professional athlete and is refusing to take a test administered by the United States Anti Doping Agency, a neutral organization..

Comment

Working...
                      X