Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adamek vs Arreola in The Works For April 24 on HBO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dnut17 View Post
    Not questioning his courage he's not a ***** but we as Mexicans have to start realizing that we can't succeed on balls alone. He is an embarrassment because he couldn't get in shape to fight the best heavy weight in the world and shows no signs of improving his work ethic. Adamek is as prepared as any fighter in the sport he is just as tough as arreola but faster and more technically sound. vitali was obviously not looking for a knockout. Chris has been put down and hurt by much lesser fighters than adamek. Adamek goes for the knockout every time and Arreola has too many holes in his defense to survive.
    well if cunningham managed to hurt adamek more than once what does that say if you want to bring up past opponents....steve cunningham aint known for his power....now as for his work ethic was arreola slowing down against vitali....he kept coming yeah he was getting tagged real bad but never showed signs of not being in condition being the reason for the loss....how do u know about his work ethic?...check out his regime and find out how hard this guy works....as for defense if im not mistaken adamek takes his fair of shots to land one himself that will not work against chris.....i hope this fight gets made.........

Comment

arreola will be to much for adamek. adamek isnt a natural heavyweight but he got away with beating golota to a pulp because golota was so past his prime. adamek will just be overpowered and clobbered to be honest. adamek had a good chin at light heavy and cruiser..but hes never been hit by a legitimate top ten power punching heavyweight like arreola. arreola by KO in 5

Comment

Originally posted by ProfessionalLoc View Post
        United States = Fattest Country In The World
        Mexico = Second Fattest Country In The World

True Story.
        US in number 9...get your facts straight

Comment

Now this is a great fight for both of these guys. I'm giving the edge to the crybaby.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit-Punches View Post
            Now this is a great fight for both of these guys. I'm giving the edge to the crybaby.
            i would like to see the tale of the tape before i made a pic.

the size difference will be key IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by dnut17 View Post
              Agreed Unless he comes in around 230 or less Adamek destroys him. I don't see this going longer than 5 or 6 rounds. Arreola is an embarasment to Mexican Americans like myself, undisciplined and immature, I don't want to see him on TV any more.
              I am truly happy to see that there are at least some Mexican-Americans who have not jumped onto his fat bloated band wagon and see Arreola for what he really is. But in reality Arreola should be an embarrassment to all Americans who love boxing.

Comment

shake your head haye! Adamek is coming for you! He's doing it the right way.takes out old & slow golota,then faces slick,defensive estrada who he should beat in a good boxing match,then arreola on hbo...wow that's 3 good fights in exactly 6 months.it's hard not to like this guy because he's not talking his way to a title shot.my only question is similar to what Holyfield faced when he moved up...how will he take a 250 heavyweight punch? Golota couldn't hit him like arreola will & arreola can definately walk through his punches...the division is heating up again...enough negative arreola weight talk already! He is what he is! He comes to fight & is going to be 250-270 much like tony tubbs use to be & tim witherspoon...overweight but can still fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jupiter Maximus View Post
                  US in number 9...get your facts straight
                  nice DOWN avatar! I saw them live 6 months ago...they are amazing live!

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                    shake your head haye! Adamek is coming for you! He's doing it the right way.takes out old & slow golota,then faces slick,defensive estrada who he should beat in a good boxing match,then arreola on hbo...wow that's 3 good fights in exactly 6 months.it's hard not to like this guy because he's not talking his way to a title shot.my only question is similar to what Holyfield faced when he moved up...how will he take a 250 heavyweight punch? Golota couldn't hit him like arreola will & arreola can definately walk through his punches...the division is heating up again...enough negative arreola weight talk already! He is what he is! He comes to fight & is going to be 250-270 much like tony tubbs use to be & tim witherspoon...overweight but can still fight.
                    My point exactly. You gotta Adamek, he fights frequently, is fighting good opposition and has a very exciting style. Hope he can make it work at hw...

Comment

I would be pretty pleased if this fight were to happen. It would certainly create some fireworks while it lasted.

I was impressed with Adamek in his Heavyweight debut. But beating a 41 year old Andrew Golota who was coming off a 1st round TKO loss to Ray Austin isn't nothing more than a decent win.

But lets not forget Adamek has a pretty tough fight in Febuary. Jason Estrada is nobodys fool. A accomplished amateur who won the Gold at the 2003 Panamerican Games and won three United States amateur super heavyweight titles and represented United States at the 2004 Athens Olympics.

And as we have recently learnt lets not count are eggs before they are hatched. As Danny Green was deemed a stepping stone for Roy Jones on his way to a HBO PPV rematch with Bernard Hopkins.

Estrada also give IBF number #1 Contender Alexander Povetkin a tough fight a few months back and holds half decent wins over Lance Whitaker and Zuri Lawrence.

But if Adamek is to win and does go on to fight Arreola. I would be interested to see if Arreola could use his size adavntage and strength against Adamek. Or could Adamek's speed of hand and foot dazzle Arreola on route to a KO victory? Or would Adamek stand and trade with Arreola, and give the fans what they want?

It's also nice to see HBO show real interest in Adamek. It's long overdue. Adamek is a exciting, tough, fighter with great speed of hand and foot and has a incredible fan base......
                      Last edited by JFB629; 12-23-2009, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X