Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adamek vs Arreola in The Works For April 24 on HBO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont see him as an embarasment to mexican americans like myself i actually applaud his courage for achieving his goal of actually vying for the heavyweight championship of the world....he lost so be it but his determination to get another crack is still there....if vitali couldn't put him down what makes many of you think adamek will ko him.....only way i see adamek winning would be a decision but if someone is getting ko'd its going to be tomaz.....i dont have much points but ill wager all of them on this fight that chris comes out with the "w"

Comment

Adamek is too small, Arreola will ruin him. Interesting how HBO's Greenburg wants to see him beaten up by Arreola, yet wouldn't show him against fighters he can beat like Cunningham, Johnson and Hopkins.

Tomasz needs to return to cruiserweight, that's his natural weightclass.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
        Adamek is too small, Arreola will ruin him.
        With what - 260lbs of blubber? Tomek has this, easily. He's small, but so is Tyson and Tua.

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
          I have a feeling this won't go to a decision.

Adamek is the better fighter overall, but he's going to be in a brawl here, so anything can happen.
          Now that sounds like a good fight, The winner should fight Haye if he doesnt face a klit after Ruiz.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
            With what - 260lbs of blubber? Tomek has this, easily. He's small, but so is Tyson and Tua.
            But those guys are naturally thick and heavily-muscled. Tomasz is smaller-framed.

Comment

Originally posted by $ LegenD $ View Post
              i dont see him as an embarasment to mexican americans like myself i actually applaud his courage for achieving his goal of actually vying for the heavyweight championship of the world....he lost so be it but his determination to get another crack is still there....if vitali couldn't put him down what makes many of you think adamek will ko him.....only way i see adamek winning would be a decision but if someone is getting ko'd its going to be tomaz.....i dont have much points but ill wager all of them on this fight that chris comes out with the "w"
              Not questioning his courage he's not a ***** but we as Mexicans have to start realizing that we can't succeed on balls alone. He is an embarrassment because he couldn't get in shape to fight the best heavy weight in the world and shows no signs of improving his work ethic. Adamek is as prepared as any fighter in the sport he is just as tough as arreola but faster and more technically sound. vitali was obviously not looking for a knockout. Chris has been put down and hurt by much lesser fighters than adamek. Adamek goes for the knockout every time and Arreola has too many holes in his defense to survive.

Comment

****** move by the Arreola camp...Adamek has a heavyweight's chin, and his Achilles heal is slick movement and counterpunching. Arreola is gonna be made to look slow and silly.

Comment

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
                  ****** move by the Arreola camp...Adamek has a heavyweight's chin, and his Achilles heal is slick movement and counterpunching. Arreola is gonna be made to look slow and silly.
                  Arreola is tough but I can picture Adamek throwing some of those flurries he threw against Golota and taking Arreola out through sheer volume and accuracy. Adamek is one of the most accurate punchers around, and Arreola doesn't move his head at all. Likely to end up much like the Vitali fight did, with Arreola a bloody mess and a stoppage being called.

Comment

Here's an excerpt from the article:

If the fight comes together, it will only be 11 weeks between Estrada and Arreola, but Adamek said that you can't refuse to step up if HBO is asking.

This is what I love about Adamek- the guy has balls and loves to fight. Tomaz just started campaigning at hw in Oct, he's fighting in February, and is now in discussions for an April date. You gotta love this guy; he does his talking in the ring and is earning his title shot the hard way- by actually fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
                      Adamek is too small, Arreola will ruin him. Interesting how HBO's Greenburg wants to see him beaten up by Arreola, yet wouldn't show him against fighters he can beat like Cunningham, Johnson and Hopkins.

Tomasz needs to return to cruiserweight, that's his natural weightclass.
                      I'm with you on this one. Even though Adamek is better, Arreola is a big man and he has the power to KO Adamek.

I wanted to see Adamek-Cunningham 2.

Comment

Working...
                      X