Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Pacquiao Follies: Are We Morons After All?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puroylan View Post
    I say to Manny take the test & man up. I am a big Pacman fan but a few ounces of blood is not going to hurt you.Floyd is going to have a difficult time making 147 & if he does then it's going to be an easy night for Manny. Floyd agreed to Manny's camps demand,Manny should do his part! Let's not rob the fans of the most exciting fight in the last 20 years.
    Right. How many needle pricks does it takes to get a tattoo in one sitting?

What about the pain one endures in an hour or two while getting a tattoo?

Comment

Originally posted by puroylan View Post
      I say to Manny take the test & man up. I am a big Pacman fan but a few ounces of blood is not going to hurt you.Floyd is going to have a difficult time making 147 & if he does then it's going to be an easy night for Manny. Floyd agreed to Manny's camps demand,Manny should do his part! Let's not rob the fans of the most exciting fight in the last 20 years.
      pac has agreed to blood test after the fight? what's the difference between right before the fight and after the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        pac has agreed to blood test after the fight? what's the difference between right before the fight and after the fight?
        Difference might be that IF there is something they are hiding than they time it well and its off the system by the time of the test?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          the fight will happen. they'll compromise.

floyd wants up to 5 blood tests and 12 urine tests.

manny wanted 2 blood tests and i don't think they cared about urine tests.

make it 3 blood tests (1 month before , 1 week before , day of fight) and 6 urine tests. good compromise.
          I must have missed something. Where did you read that Mayweather's camp was quoted as saying that they wanted up to five blood tests and 12 urine test?. I don't remember seeing this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
            I'm hearing it's less then a teaspoon of blood needed. That true?
            It's a tablespoonful.

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
            Right. How many needle pricks does it takes to get a tattoo in one sitting?

What about the pain one endures in an hour or two while getting a tattoo?
            It's not about pain.

Roach said his concern has nothing to do with hiding anything.

"Giving blood right before the fight could be like having sex right before the fight," Roach said. "It’s 100% mental. If it’s in your head that it weakens you, then it will weaken you."

Roach extended an olive branch to the riff, saying he would allow Pacquiao to give a blood sample one week before the fight, but no closer than three days before the first bell.
            http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...ng-points.html

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
              I must have missed something. Where did you read that Mayweather's camp was quoted as saying that they wanted up to five blood tests and 12 urine test?. I don't remember seeing this.
              It's in a recent article.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                By Jake Donovan - “We'd all have to be morons to not let this happen.”

Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer offered the aforementioned quote when asked about negotiations surrounding the potential superfight between his client, Floyd Mayweather Jr. and current pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao.

The quote came over a month ago – more specifically, two days after Pacquiao’s 12th round stoppage of Miguel Cotto. The bout produced the most lucrative pay-per-view event of 2009, registering 1.25 million buys and nearly $70 million in PPV revenue.

Even more impressive was that it came two months after the return of Floyd Mayweather Jr, whose comeback fight with Juan Manuel Marquez raked in a whopping $52 million in PPV revenue thanks to its buy rate of just over 1 million units.

The two fights marked the first time in a decade that a single produced two or more events to crack the two-comma barrier. That it involved the two best fighters in the sport, who now campaign at or close enough to the same weight class, made it a no-brainer for 2010 to be all about putting together what figures to be the most lucrative event in boxing history. [Click Here To Read More]
                you know what? Pac is going to take the test. it may take a lot of going back and forths with this one but eventually he'll take the test for a September fight with PBF! I CAN wait. Why not, this is 'The' fight of the century (so far).

Comment

The most important of this BLOOD TEST is the one After the fight! Period...

If they get blood close to the fight schedule... there's a possibility that a fighter will get a little weak.....
                  This is really what Mayweather's camp wants to happen!!!

To have blood test 30 days before and immediately after the fight is in my opinion FAIR!

They can consult the Drug Agency people and medical experts!!!

Mayweather wants a way out obviously!
                  Last edited by wengz2002; 12-23-2009, 02:32 AM.

Comment

What the next move Floyd?

It is very clear now to everybody what the Mayweather wants.....they do not like the fight to happen and that is very clear. During the early part of the negotiation, Freddie mentioned that he likes a little longer training for Manny Pacquiao and May or later would be an ideal date for the fight. Upon learning about this the Mayweather camp immediately said that they want the fight to be held in March thinking Manny will not fight in March. Manny agreed to fight in March instead. Not too long ago Freddie Roach mentioned that he won't allow drawing blood from Manny because it might affect Manny's training. (Roach was only showing his resentment to this blood test issue because he knows that these are just bulls***) These words reached Mayweather camp. Now the Floyd Mayweather group is using this as an excuse to prevent this fight to take place. Now they are saying that the fight will be cancelled because Manny does not like to subject himself to the blood test. Who would believe that. He just had recent test before and after Hatton's fight and again in November for the Cotto fight. Manny just had a new tattoo done on his left forearm. Nobody like needles but he is not afraid of needles.
                    Floyd, we know what is going on with you. Be brave enough to fight the best.

Comment

On another thread I came across this simple yet nice post:

Originally posted by chen View Post
                      I don't believe the phobia for needles story, cause if that was the case Pac would not be getting any new tattoos or have tattoos on his body.
                      So the question is: Is Money up to it? I mean the needles.

Comment

Working...
                      X