No announcement yet.

Mayweather-Pacquiao in Jeopardy Over Drug Test - Merged Thread:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rommel357 View Post
    THe testing is not the problem, the time of the testing is. Let's not spin this any other way. You and others are implying that Manny doesn't want to have any blood test done at all, completely false. Let us stick to the facts. Roach clearly said he doesn't want a blood test the day before the fight and clearl said he wants it done before the press conference and after the fight. I don't see a problem with that, why wouldn't Mayweather's camp just simply comply with that instead. It's a fair compromise IMO.
    And if Manny fails the test after the fight- what then? What if he was to KO Mayweather, collect millions of dollars, and then he's found to have been doping. The damage is done. You don't just treat diseases, you try and prevent their onset in others; in other words, why not try and prevent the question of Manny's doping, rather than wait until AFTER the fight??

Comment

• matthew hatton also doesnt want olympic style testing...

Comment

• Originally posted by johnm View Post
        What Pullcounter is trying to say is... Manny is scared of needles 24 hours before the fight, but not 5 minutes after the fight.
        I dont think its manny being scared of needles, its more that he doesnt want his blood drawn right before a mega fight, its a mental thing. Remeber boxing is all mental. What you believe can come to fruition. After reading some posts though about roids and cycling, i dont knwo bout manny man. In this day and age i wouldnt be surprised if Bob Arum was on the juice.

Comment

• 8CN - Is it Manny refusing to take the blood test or is it someone deciding for him?

FR - It's me, I am not going to let my fighter give blood a day before the fight.

8CN - What can giving blood a day before a fight do to a fighter?

FR - It's just like having sex before a fight. You're not supposed to have sex before a fight, it makes you weak. If you mentally think that, it will. When Manny gives blood it takes him 3 or 4 days to recover from it. I am not going to have my fighter going into a fight feeling weak and not sure of himself.
          It's all mental thing. Why wouldn't we give either guys 100% psychologically ready as well as physically?

Comment

Apparantly the high school you went to forgot "Language" was a subject.
            says the spelling bee whiz

Comment

• oh and john m, ya boy john wall aint got **** on ma dude derrick rose.

Comment

What Pullcounter is trying to say is... Manny is scared of needles 24 hours before the fight, but not 5 minutes after the fight.

To all the people saying that it will weaken him, It's a ****ing teaspoon of blood and Mayweather would have to have the same test.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  okay i don't know much about doping.

how long does it stay in your blood?
                  If you use science to hide it, it is very hard to detect. Especially if the person knows when they are going to be tested since they would know pretty much exactly when they would need to start to clean up the situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Larrysbird View Post
                    It's all mental thing. Why wouldn't we give either guys 100% psychologically ready as well as physically.
                    do you know how LITTLE blood is taken for testing?

Comment

• such bull****...such utter and complete bull****.

Comment

Working...
                      X