Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fdotorres View Post
    link?????????
    Bouie Fischer:
    " I tell you, Ike. They have been getting away with that for a long time. I sent my people to Trinidad's locker room to make sure everything was right. When they got there they came back to me and toldme that Trinidad's left hand was wrapped before they got there. So, I had to go over to his dressing room myself, this is my business and I have been doing it for over 50 years. When I got there I told them to unwrap the hand and do it over because we need to see the hand being wrapped. They refused to unwrap the hands so I told them I guess the fight will not happen then, we can reschedule to another date. The officials came in and said we don't have time to do this over. I told them, well we must do this right or no fight. They know the rules, no tape on the skin or tape on the ankle. His left hand was heavy just like your camera."

http://forums.doghouseboxing.com/ind...owtopic=148729

Comment

Originally posted by fdotorres View Post
      beating a lot a smaller guys like oscar is what's gonna get him onto the HOF
      Again, like how?

Hopkins would have got into the HOF by his 20 middlweight title defenses alone. Oh, were all those guys against smaller guys?

TWO names people bring up - oscar & tito. When in fact tito was a champion when he fought him and lets be real - if bernard didn't exist at 160 at the time Tito would have been the undisputed unified champ at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by VictoriaBeckham View Post
        You said he never fought WW's.

Oscar was a WW.
        Oscar was a WW who had just beaten Felix Sturm. He was the WBO champ. Was he supposed to duck Oscar for and avoid a 8 figure payday?

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
          Oscar was a WW who had just beaten Felix Sturm. He was the WBO champ. Was he supposed to duck Oscar for and avoid a 8 figure payday?
          Please don't put me on ignore. I can't stand to be away from you!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
            the difference between bhop and floyd is that bhop went up to lt. HW and beat the best fighter there (Tarver).

floyd has not fought the best fighter at WW.
            What has floyd got to do with this?

Comment

Originally posted by Hyde View Post
              Ok so I guess Calzaghe should not get any credit for beating Hopkins then since Hopkins was basicly a blown up middleweight? by your logic he wouldn't but you are using double-standards so its ok.

You are an idiot. People grow, yes even fighters do. I guess Manny Pacquiao is still a flyweight aswell?

Felix Trinidad was a legit light mid/middleweight when Hopkins beat him. Felix Trinidad had unified belts at light middlweight and won a belt at middleweight. Trinidad was also the favorite to win.

ODLH had also won belts at light middleweight and middleweight, he shure as hell werent a welterweight anymore.

Pavlik was also the favorite to win and is a big middleweight anyway.
              Tito been using illegal handwraps his whole career, without the wraps (after Hopkins fight), what did he achieve? A win over a bum fighter Mayorga. Please go and read up on what happened when Naz when to Titos dressinf room. Without his wraps he didnt have the power or skill to compete at mw

dlh: look it was a good payday, so good for hopkins for taking the fight, how much credit should he get for it, not much. Got a gift against sturm, quit against Hopkins, said himself he had no business at mw and moved down to jmw.

come fight night pavlik was 171, hopkins depending on your source was either 180 (HBO) or 187 (jack Leow)

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                dlh: look it was a good payday, so good for Hopkins for taking the fight, how much credit should he get for it, not much. Got a gift against Sturm, quit against Hopkins, said himself he had no business at mw and moved down to jmw. would later on try to play Hopkins game but backfired when he was brutally koed by a pixie

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  Again, like how?

Hopkins would have got into the HOF by his 20 middlweight title defenses alone. Oh, were all those guys against smaller guys?

TWO names people bring up - oscar & tito. When in fact tito was a champion when he fought him and lets be real - if bernard didn't exist at 160 at the time Tito would have been the undisputed unified champ at 160.
                  Without his wraps, tito loses to Joppy and Wright (which he did). Dude went life and death with Mayorga for crying out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Pounding View Post
                    Allen fight before Hopkins he weigh in 164. That is a fact.
                    what did hopkins weigh for de la Hoya? Don't waste your time because the answer is 157lbs. This thread is nonsense. The man spent most of his life fighting in obscurity and was picked to lose against two of the bigger names on his resume (even though they were smaller men) and people are whining because he wants to make a little money at the end of his career?

Comment

Bouie Fischer:
                      "David Reid’s people were trying to schedule a fight with Bernard and it could have happened if Reid would have won his last fight."

Another smaller opponent

Comment

Working...
                      X