No announcement yet.

I'm not sure why people are upset about Freddies 145 suggestion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cyutetrick View Post
    how is the defending welterweight champ not going to fight at a welterweight limit. Roach brags and brags about pacquiao yet he wants floyd to come in at 145 wtf!
    145 is Welterweight, genius. 147 is the limit

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      Floyd's the master of the "phantom weightclass".

I know my boy Hopkins has been guilty of the same in the past when it comes to Pavlik ; but he's damn near 45 years old, and actually fought (and beat the **** out of) every credible opponet in his own weightclass for over 10 years before doing it.
      Do you know how good Floyd is Bringer? I'll tell you... he's so good that he has to fight people with exactly everything to his specifications.

Did you watch that **** I sent you yet? What'd you think?

Originally posted by DLT View Post
      Dude, most people call him Manny. Where have you been? As for the last letter in his last name, I always spell it with a D but everytime Im on here I see people spell it with a T so I assumed they must be right. Its probably a D though
      Excuse me... I'm sick and in a pissy mood, so that's why I jumped on the misspelling. It is a D and not a T though... just an FYI.

Comment

He's playing the usual roach apprach. Personally, I like the fight to happen at 147 but on the second, Pacquiao doesn't need Mayweather so he can just tell him to go to hell.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          145 is Welterweight, genius. 147 is the limit
          i outta give you a round of applause for trying so hard to diss me when i clearly said 147 was the limit, isnt it???????

Comment

Dont try to play me like that. Its not a fact at all but my point is that dude and others were trying to act like Floyd came into the ring at a huge weight and there is nothing at all to back that up. Then I realized that he was saying 152 was JrMW but still others are also saying crazy stuff like he was 166 or whatever. He was not nearly that big at all
            But, he could easily been around 155. Is not out of the question he was. I believe he was anywhere from 152-157. He was bigger than before. His arms were he looked like he packed more muscle. He is way bigger now than what he was when he fought Zab Judah.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              Well I read from people who saw him up close that he looked like 155. And, I thought he looked a little bigger than 155. His arms were bigger. I just find it weird that after Baldomir fight stopped weighing in on fight night. But, you have people saying it was 152 you have others saying 155. That is 3lbs is not out of the question that he could have been 155 and look like 152 or vise versa. I mean is 3lbs apart is not really a fact what he weight.
              well thats also like saying he couldve been 152 or 3lbs the other way which is 149. Also, lets be real about 1 thing. Alot of people hate Floyd so they will put up anything to make him look bad. I know one thing for sure. Steward rips into Floyd alot and Nacho had every reason to put the weight higher and make JMM look good but they both said 152

Comment

What are you talking about? You were talking about Floyd being the king of catchweights or something and I was saying that he hasnt been doing that. Im not saying he's out of his prime. I didnt understand what you were saying so I actually thought you were trying to say that he fought alot of catchweights before his prime
                I was making a joke, plain and simple. There are plenty of other fighters out there who do catchweight fights more so than Floyd.

But you said, and I'm going to quote you here....

Yeah because Floyd didnt clean out SFW and he fought so many catchweight fights in his prime?
                He's still in his prime, so to me, that sounds like you're saying he's not prime.

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
                  He's playing the usual roach apprach. Personally, I like the fight to happen at 147 but on the second, Pacquiao doesn't need Mayweather so he can just tell him to go to hell.
                  I don't understand all this talk about not "needing" the other guy...

If you mean that that Floyd/Manny will not die if they do not fight the other, then yes, that is true.

In terms of money and legacy, there is not another fighter they could possibly "need" more if they are still interested in progressing their careers.

Mosley is the next best bet, and he won't bring in that paper or do wonders for the legacy like the other would.

Comment

Originally posted by cyutetrick View Post
                    i outta give you a round of applause for trying so hard to diss me when i clearly said 147 was the limit, isnt it???????
                    I think he was more dissing your confusion about how the welterweight champion could ever fight at 145...

I mean, anything under 147 is a weight where the welterweight title can be on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
                      I don't understand all this talk about not "needing" the other guy...

If you mean that that Floyd/Manny will not die if they do not fight the other, then yes, that is true.

In terms of money and legacy, there is not another fighter they could possibly "need" more if they are still interested in progressing their careers.

Mosley is the next best bet, and he won't bring in that paper or do wonders for the legacy like the other would.
                      I'd rather he fights the winner of the mosley-berto fight. To hell with floyd, he can go look for some other champion with an "O".

Comment

Working...
                      X