No announcement yet.

I'm not sure why people are upset about Freddies 145 suggestion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    Floyd's the master of the "phantom weightclass".

I know my boy Hopkins has been guilty of the same in the past when it comes to Pavlik ; but he's damn near 45 years old, and actually fought (and beat the **** out of) every credible opponet in his own weightclass for over 10 years before doing it.
    Yeah because Floyd didnt clean out SFW and he fought so many catchweight fights in his prime?

Comment

Fighting at a catchweight will just create excuses..

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        yeah so where was Pac & Cotto's weight on Saturday since Floyd outright refused? Im sure they had a good excuse though, right?
        We don't know but I am not going to come on here and say what 2 guys opinions were and act like that is a fact that they weight that much on fight night.

Comment

Yeah because Floyd didnt clean out SFW and he fought so many catchweight fights in his prime?
          Are you saying he isn't in his prime right now?

When did he beocme "past prime"?

He's never fought a single legitimate Welterweight apart from Baldomir, who had what? 9 losses?

That's the hilarious thing about Floyd fans ; whenever we talk Floyd, you guys always bring up **** he did 10 years ago. What's he done since 135?

Answer ; not much.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            What round did Steward said it? Show me where Nacho said? Is that "all the experts" that you was talking about? Only 2 or is there more?
            well who else do you need? A milllion? What would everyone be talking about that for? The point is that 2 legends who are probably the best at telling a fighter's weight and saw him up close both said that and its not like Floyd has been a huge guy. Ive got articles where writers say that theyve never ever seen Floyd outside the ring at more than 150 pounds and recently they moved that number to 152. I dont feel like tracking down where Manny & Nacho said it but if you know me then you know that I dont lie just to prove my point. Its not that big of a deal to me but I just think its crazy that everyone is acting like Floyd is huge now. I mean what was he supposed to look like against JMM? You also have to take into account that Floyd is dark which makes you look like alot more ripped and he has very tiny legs. Look at his legs compared to Pac

Comment

how is the defending welterweight champ not going to fight at a welterweight limit. Roach brags and brags about pacquiao yet he wants floyd to come in at 145 wtf!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                Are you saying he isn't in his prime right now?

When did he beocme "past prime"?

He's never fought a single legitimate Welterweight apart from Baldomir, who had what? 9 losses?

That's the hilarious thing about Floyd fans ; whenever we talk Floyd, you guys always bring up **** he did 10 years ago. What's he done since 135?

Answer ; not much.
                What are you talking about? You were talking about Floyd being the king of catchweights or something and I was saying that he hasnt been doing that. Im not saying he's out of his prime. I didnt understand what you were saying so I actually thought you were trying to say that he fought alot of catchweights before his prime

Comment

150 or no deal.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    We don't know but I am not going to come on here and say what 2 guys opinions were and act like that is a fact that they weight that much on fight night.
                    Dont try to play me like that. Its not a fact at all but my point is that dude and others were trying to act like Floyd came into the ring at a huge weight and there is nothing at all to back that up. Then I realized that he was saying 152 was JrMW but still others are also saying crazy stuff like he was 166 or whatever. He was not nearly that big at all

Comment

well who else do you need? A milllion? What would everyone be talking about that for? The point is that 2 legends who are probably the best at telling a fighter's weight and saw him up close both said that and its not like Floyd has been a huge guy. Ive got articles where writers say that theyve never ever seen Floyd outside the ring at more than 150 pounds and recently they moved that number to 152. I dont feel like tracking down where Manny & Nacho said it but if you know me then you know that I dont lie just to prove my point. Its not that big of a deal to me but I just think its crazy that everyone is acting like Floyd is huge now. I mean what was he supposed to look like against JMM? You also have to take into account that Floyd is dark which makes you look like alot more ripped and he has very tiny legs. Look at his legs compared to Pac
                      Well I read from people who saw him up close that he looked like 155. And, I thought he looked a little bigger than 155. His arms were bigger. I just find it weird that after Baldomir fight stopped weighing in on fight night. But, you have people saying it was 152 you have others saying 155. That is 3lbs is not out of the question that he could have been 155 and look like 152 or vise versa. I mean is 3lbs apart is not really a fact what he weight.

Comment

Working...
                      X