Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Cotto have beaten most welters on Saturday?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think he would. not mosley though.

Comment

Theres no Welter Weight out there like Manny Pacquiao with speed, power and gatorade type energy.

A combination of all that is what gave Cotto trouble. Most Welter Weights can't keep up that pace and for those that can they don't have Manny's Power.

Cotto problem was that he actually fights to clean and that he didn't use the jab most of the time. Other fighters would be clinching with Pacquiao or tying him up and grabbing. Cotto does none of those things. and when Cotto went exchanging blows from a distance with Pacquiao he forgot manny has his same reach. But if it were Mosley he could hit Pacquiao while Pacquia couldn't reach him and that makes a world of a difference. Cotto best chance was use the jab and only counter pacquiao on small amount of occasions, because after he did Manny was still there to fire bombs, but Cotto had nothing more to give. And you can't do that you have to leave enough energy to protect yourself and use the strong jab.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_London View Post
        To me I think so, he was in great physical shape and had trained very hard clearly, I think he would have beaten most of the top guys that night even though he may be a bit diminished from his absolute peak a couple of years ago.
        probably... cotto is a very good WW, but an ATG top 10 like pac is too much for cotto

Comment

yeah he looked great 1st half he fpought great 2 ...id take him over anyone except maybe shane or floyd

Comment

Originally posted by RockyB View Post
            i think he would. not mosley though.
            How to you figure that he got bashed every round bar one lol .

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
              Based on what? I got money saying Mosley looks old in his next fight, people got confused a year ago because Mosleys speed allowed him to beat a limited punching bag. Mosley looks his age against Berto and has a lot tougher fight than people are expecting.
              fighters mosley's age has that problem.

1 fight they'll look 25 again and then next fight they look old.

look at hopkins against tarver and then calzaghe and then pavlik next fight.

old guys run hot or cold.

Comment

Originally posted by tyde13 View Post

i thought he lost the first round, but i did give him the fifth.....

also, he lost 4 of the first 5 rounds, so how did he look "excellent?"

the first KD was not a "balance" thing, it was an excellent counter-punch landed, and the fight should've been over, but the KD occured so close to the end of the round.....after round 5, it was a whitewash.

cotto was closer to "losing" to the top WW, than beating them, on saturday. i don't know what fight you guys saw, but i saw a guy basically ineffective with power shots, i saw a guy getting hit over and over, and i saw a guy run for seven rounds, and still get hit.....
                I agree with your assessment!

Comment

Working...
                X