Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather Ready To Fight "One-Dimensional" Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plus im having difficulty understanding why floyd wont fight mosley now. Ok, he gives mosleys roid use as an example when questioned about mosley, but if a lot of people say floyd wanted mosley so bad in 2006 after vargas then nothing really has changed since 2006. Mosleys roid history hasnt changed so there must be another reason. People say he is getting mosley back for earlier avoids but that is a bit hit and miss for me. Yeah mosley back in 99 was looking for de la hoya and not floyd and yeah floyd has a date after vargas in 2006 but mosley wanted more time to drop from 154 to 147 and a couple of months was not enough as mosley had fought mid july. Im not saying mosley is a saint or anything and maybe mosley could have done more to make the fight happen but is this a valid reason to blatently avoid mosley now when the fight is certain to be made?

Comment

• Should be a mega fight Hope pac man wins.

Comment

• He is 100% EXACTLY right. If he did beat Pac, PWILL will instantly be the name and the win over Pac will be forgotten but so what. Make it happen. The fans deserve it and Pac IS the WW champion now.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunwizard View Post
          (CNN) -- Floyd Mayweather Jr. has said he is ready to make the big-money fight with newly crowned WBO welterweight world champion Manny Pacquiao happen.

After victory in Las Vegas over Puerto Rico's Miguel Cotto on Saturday, Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach said the "whole world" now wanted to see a fight with Mayweather.

Reacting to the proposition the undefeated 32-year-old, who formerly held the WBC title at welterweight, told British broadcaster Sky Sports: "If he wants to fight Floyd Mayweather all he has to do is step up to the plate."

The twice-voted Ring magazine fighter of the year added that he felt Pacquiao's approach was one-dimensional but the Filipino would be a favorite with the crowd.

"The thing is with Pacquaio I don't see any versatility as a fighter; he's a good puncher but just one-dimensional.

"The world's going to go 'wow' if Floyd Mayweather gets beaten. That's what everyone is looking to see.

"If I beat Manny Pacquaio do you know what they are going to say? 'You are supposed to beat him, you are Floyd Mayweather, you are the bigger man'. If I knock him out they'll say 'you're supposed to knock him out he's been knocked out before'.

"I'm in a no-win situation and when I beat him no one is going to be surprised because he's been beaten before; whatever I do to Pacquaio has been done before - he's been beaten on three occasions. And if I knock him out I don't want the world shouting because he's been knocked out twice before."

If the fight goes ahead it is expected to challenge the mark set by Oscar De La Hoya's bout with Floyd Mayweather for the most profitable in history.

Money generated from pay-per-view subscriptions earned the two fighters an estimated combined total of $77 million in 2007.

Mayweather, whose nickname is "Money," said: "If I go out and make $60-75 million in one night; come on - I'm not losing."
          Floyd is making excuses from here and expect more so he will evade fighting the best fighter that would give taint to his "0" loss record! When he fought fighters with loses, he did not cry the same as he cried in here to Pac! He is coward, plain and simple!

Comment

• Mayweather jr has a big mouth just like his Dad............keep the talking on the ring..............go up and fight Pacquiao to prove his worth

Comment

• Just watch the review Mayweather is really piss with the Reporters coz he was not given a respect rather than Manny Pacquiao

Well my opinion why should he be respected? can you give who he has beaten in 140-147 lbs?

Baldomir has already 11 lost at the time, Margarito/Cotto was also the champion even Paul Williams at the time. he did not fought those guys.

at 140 Gatti champion belt was came stripped from Kostya Tzyu, Judah was not the same fighter when he had Baldomir on points.

and ODLH for money and Hatton was already exposed by COLLAZO not Floyd.

so who the hell will believe floyd now? Fighting a shorter LW counterpuncher champion Marquez vs. a longer welter counter puncher floyd guess who will win on this?

Of course Floyd.... he fools you to pay his debt IRS without fighting a real champion since his last with Corrales/ Castillo era.

now someone tell me who is the fighter that is technically food fighter fought FLOYD on 140-147?

Comment

• Originally posted by Songbird View Post
                Grustler, we were talking about pac and floyd and you suddenly give us a link (which doesnt work) then you start going on about baldomir and giving us quotes from people like margocheato talking baldo up. Why dont you make up your own mind on baldo. Who cares what a few people think about him, have you never seem him fight yourself, he was way too slow for floyd so dont try to talk baldo up as being a world beater, he was a good fighter, nothing special. BTW i never said floyd ducked cheato, i said he avoided him. Just like he has avoided cotto, mosley and williams at WW. Or did he actually fight them, no he didnt. I can understand the cheato avoid as baldo had the titles, that makes sense to me and thats what i said earlier but i cant understand why a guy who claims to be the best ever cant fight the other mentioned guys at his own weight class, can you?

If you think about it. Floyd retired after hatton in late 2007. This was just after mosley and cotto had their fight. Williams had fought cheato in july of 2007 and was looking for floyd and others at WW badly at the time, yet floyd retired with what was regarded as one of the best divisions for many years there for the taking and everyone of them looking to fight floyd in 2008. I cant understand that, can you?
                So was/is Margarito so what's your point? Again the only reason I
                brought out the quotes and links about Baldomir was because everyone
                keeps saying Floyd cherry picked him but WW's either talked him up
                or wasn't sure if Floyd had a shot to win. How hard is that to see?
                Cotto and Mosley avoided Williams. Mosley flat out said he doesn't
                want any with Williams and Cotto fought for Williams vacant strap after Williams vacated it because he couldn't get a fight at 147? So how come Floyd gets all this flack about Williams? Mosley/Cotto fought in November 07, Floyd fought Hatton in December 07 so how was that fight supposed
                to happen right away? Floyd took a lil time off from Boxing to heal up, how
                is that ducking?

Comment

• won't be that easy money mayweather

mayweather will have problems with paq's ultra speed and power. that's the one area mayweather underestimates him. this is a pick'em fight. the only way I see mayweather coming out on top will be to THROW Paq's rhtymn off! the expereince and smartness for mayweather will be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                    So was/is Margarito so what's your point? Again the only reason I
                    brought out the quotes and links about Baldomir was because everyone
                    keeps saying Floyd cherry picked him but WW's either talked him up
                    or wasn't sure if Floyd had a shot to win. How hard is that to see?
                    Cotto and Mosley avoided Williams. Mosley flat out said he doesn't
                    want any with Williams and Cotto fought for Williams vacant strap after Williams vacated it because he couldn't get a fight at 147? So how come Floyd gets all this flack about Williams? Mosley/Cotto fought in November 07, Floyd fought Hatton in December 07 so how was that fight supposed
                    to happen right away? Floyd took a lil time off from Boxing to heal up, how
                    is that ducking?
                    I dont agree with people who say that floyd cherry picked baldo over cheato either. So we agree on that one. IMO floyd was right to go for the titles and beat baldo. If someone was going on about that i must have missed it. But you have to admit also that cheato did call out floyd to his face and offer him big money, its floyds call whether he takes it or not. He did turn down cheato but he had good reason in that case. This wasnt about mosley but i agree with you mosley and most of the WW division did the same as floyd as avoided williams. I always say that too. The problem i have is that after hatton, all three of those guys, cotto, mosley and williams were looking for floyd and he retired. I cant understand that. Do you not think its strange? The pound for pound king retires with 3 top 10 p4p guys in his weight class looking to fight him. This was in 2008. Thats a major part of the reason floyd gets so much stick, can you not see that?

Comment

• Originally posted by ^^Cody^^ View Post
                      A classic example of somebody who downgrades Floyd because he didn't "impress them." Since Floyd doesn't have the most crowd-pleasing style and may not have impress you, does that make his accomplishments any less relevant? I guarantee you that Floyd does not lose any sleep at night because he didn't "impress you."
                      "Since Floyd doesn't have the most crowd-pleasing style and may not have impress you, does that make his accomplishments any less relevant? "

Yes,because any of his last opponents since Castillo aren't supposed to be threat where and when he fought them.And Castillo ain't no Chavez.

judah post Baldo,Tszyu,JMM at 146,Fatton,Gatti,maybe Oscar at 154 was the only and I'm gracious(shout out to Mosley,Sturm and Hopkins).

Comment

Working...
                      X