Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kessler Vs. Ward: Thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kessler hasn't done a God Damn thing since LOSING to "Above Average" Joe Calzaghe in 2007....yes...a loss is the high point of his career, and it was 2 full years ago.

In those 2 LONG years since, he's fought and beaten 3 bums....inactive for extended periods in between.....it's my belief that Kessler has pissed away his prime and is clearly on the down slope...

Case in point...he looked like dog **** in his last fight....which is pretty funny....because it's hard to look like **** when you win by KO4....lol....but it's true...he was slow and wide with his punches and was gettin' tagged cleanly...by an inspired BUM!

and now he's about to face a properly groomed, versatile, super quick, super slick, professional, American Olympic Gold Medalist....IN the opponent's hometown.

Kessler ain't ready...and to be honest...he NEVER would have been ready....because he, in fact, is the one who is outleagued.

Ward by Clear UD.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis The Bold View Post
      Kessler hasn't done a God Damn thing since LOSING to "Above Average" Joe Calzaghe in 2007....yes...a loss is the high point of his career, and it was 2 full years ago.

In those 2 LONG years since, he's fought and beaten 3 bums....inactive for extended periods in between.....it's my belief that Kessler has pissed away his prime and is clearly on the down slope...

Case in point...he looked like dog **** in his last fight....which is pretty funny....because it's hard to look like **** when you win by KO4....lol....but it's true...he was slow and wide with his punches and was gettin' tagged cleanly...by an inspired BUM!

and now he's about to face a properly groomed, versatile, super quick, super slick, professional, American Olympic Gold Medalist....IN the opponent's hometown.

Kessler ain't ready...and to be honest...he NEVER would have been ready....because he, in fact, is the one who is outleagued.

Ward by Clear UD.

A bit harsh to say the least, but a lot of it had merit.

Its not quite as cut and dry as you are making out though, Ward has been put down by lesser fighters and when all said and done Kessler has still won those fights and won them by KO, his KO in Germany was particularly brutal to

Comment

kessler has some holes that can and i think will be exploited in this fight. Kessler wants all of his power to come at the end of his punches and seems very uncomfortable in fighting. He also seems to wait instead of going first often, if he does this in front of a rawkus visiting crowd ward can steal exchanges and control of rounds. Kessler's defense also seems porous, when he is not flat footed waiting for a punch, he often cannot gather himself quick enough to defend. In a fight where he is at a hand speed disadvantage, this may cost him. He has good skills and should ward slip he can be caught but I think Kessler needs to sure up some of these issues before a very serious fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
          A bit harsh to say the least, but a lot of it had merit.
          It's a bit harsh because they deserve it that way, Kid.

There's a multitude of idiots across The Online Boxing Community who have made Kessler out to be a Beowulf-like figure....as if he beats anyone from 160-175 NOT named "Calzaghe"...

Speaking of Calzaghe...he's overtouted Kessler as well...like it was some kind of special feat beating him.

It's all ridiculous AND sickening at the same time..

This upcoming Ward win will directly tear Calzaghe's bull**** legacy wide open and CRUSH all of his superfans in one, fell swoop.

It's gonna be beautiful....a lot of us have been waitin' a long, long time for this moment...

Comment

I'm still going for Kessler. I don't think it'll be a comfortable night's work by any means but I think his accurate power punching will nullify Ward's offense to a large degree

Comment

There's a multitude of idiots across The Online Boxing Community who have made Kessler out to be a Beowulf-like figure....as if he beats anyone from 160-175 NOT named "Calzaghe"...

Speaking of Calzaghe...he's overtouted Kessler as well...like it was some kind of special feat beating him.

This upcoming Ward win will directly tear Calzaghe's bull**** legacy wide open and CRUSH all of his superfans in one, fell swoop.

It's gonna be beautiful....a lot of us have been waitin' a long, long time for this moment...

Cant say i would not like to see Calzaghe fans get their comeuppance. Ive also been following Ward since the Ruben Williams fight and would like to see him win.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                He is good.

Cheers. Ive been trying to give you a gift but it seems everyone i try is out of stock.

Anyway im looking foward to a good fight and may the best man win.

BTW BattlingNelson i have nothing against your boy Kessler just giving my honest opinion bud. I also think he has a very! good chance of winning.
                I know DK. I appreciate your opinion.

Do youi think Ward can take this:

Comment

If Ward gets KO'd and / or outboxed will you change your opinion? You get my respect if you are man enough to say you were wrong, if you comeback with excuses then your rep is likely to stay the same colour as your neck.

If you are not actually Scot Gilfoid, I suggest that you google him, his articles are tailor made for you; he thinks that Ward is the second coming and has a particular hatred for european fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    I know DK. I appreciate your opinion.

Do youi think Ward can take this:

ward could take some of mirandas shots, kessler doesnt hit that hard and wont land much more punches.

ward doesnt plain suck like beyer eighter.

Comment

Posted earlier on an other forum.

"Just re watch the Ward vs. Miranda fight. Good fight btw.

If Ward is aloud to stand in the middle of the ring throwing the first punches, he is fast, precise and with some good combinations. Good body shots. But his defense is poor. When Miranda put some descent pressure on Ward, he backs up with out punching. His footwork seemed poor and he was easily court at the ropes or in the corner to be hit.

As i have stated earlier. If Kessler can fight like he did vs. Mundine, Kessler will win. Putting on the pressure, tacking a little step forward, throwing the jab, throwing the long left hook (Kessler does that wery well and Ward is to be hit) and follows it all up by 1-2, 1-2-3 and 1-2-3-4 combinations.

If Kessler can dictate the fight, i could see Ward in big trouble.

Watch round 4 Ward vs. Miranda and round 4 Kessler vs. Mundine"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftPTe7oJriM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpBMMnZ7HyU

Comment

Working...
                      X