Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kessler Vs. Ward: Thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a tough, tough fight for Kessler. I think Ward will give him a lot of frustrating problems, especially early-mid. Feel it will be a relativley close fight and will go to the scorecards, with Kessler winning 7 rounds.

If Kessler can land his right though I think he can take Ward out in the mid rounds, but I'm not so sure he will be able to catch Ward on the target.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantera2000 View Post
      Cmon Bat my boy, you losing your memory?
      Remember, I am in no way affiliated with Warriors. They are fine and as strong as ever. Just some politics with the Seminole tribe happened. But business as usual for them.

And Miranda is staying with Warriors, it is a partnership with Goossen.

Bet was your 150,000 for my 100,000.
      Ok.

I'll give odds, but only for you

My 150K to your 100K.

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
        Just to break away from the Pacquiao-Cotto mania for a second...

After studying Ward, I have a feeling Kessler might have some real problems with this guy. He is pretty damn versatile, has a lot of angles to his game and is a very smart boxer who can fight well right handed or left handed. Can Kessler deal with him? I'm not 100% confident. I was intending to bet on Kessler, he's the more experienced fighter, but hasn't done much of significance recently. To be honest, I think I'll pass on it and not bet at all. I can't pick a winner in this one!

What are your thoughts?
        I agree with you, but I dont think the experience is so important in this fight because Ward with 19 or 20 years fight with experience amateur fighters and win the gold medal. Ward is very inteligent to fight and is not like Dirrell who enter with fear in the ring, Ward trusts in their qualities.
        VERY GOOD POST BYE

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Ok.

I'll give odds, but only for you

My 150K to your 100K.
          That's chump change for you anyway. Ive lost all my cash through the years on the big Miranda fights. Now you will know what happens when you bet with your heart and not your head.

I will be routing for Ward, but just want a good fight. If Kessler is the better man I will be happy for him. I like him as well. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Pantera2000 View Post
            That's chump change for you anyway. Ive lost all my cash through the years on the big Miranda fights. Now you will know what happens when you bet with your heart and not your head.

I will be routing for Ward, but just want a good fight. If Kessler is the better man I will be happy for him. I like him as well. Good luck!
            Good luck to you also.

I'll put it in my bets-thread.

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
              Just to break away from the Pacquiao-Cotto mania for a second...

After studying Ward, I have a feeling Kessler might have some real problems with this guy. He is pretty damn versatile, has a lot of angles to his game and is a very smart boxer who can fight well right handed or left handed. Can Kessler deal with him? I'm not 100% confident. I was intending to bet on Kessler, he's the more experienced fighter, but hasn't done much of significance recently. To be honest, I think I'll pass on it and not bet at all. I can't pick a winner in this one!

What are your thoughts?
              Ive been watching Ward since Ruben Williams fight and i agree he will cause Kessler a lot of problems. I fully expect him to beat Kessler if he does not get knocked out, that said i dont think his defence and chin will hold up, Ward has this habit of getting backed upto the ropes with a wide stance and i think Kessler could exploit this, plus i think Kessler is a much bigger puncher than his record suggests.

I feel Kessler's 1 2 is all he will need if Ward keeps going to the ropes.

Comment

Comment

Stylistic nightmare for Kessler but I think he will pull through anyway. Ward has the blueprint on tape for beating Kessler, stay away, clinch and don't exchange. His holding in the Miranda fight worries me, Kessler refuses to clinch.

Comment

Tough fight to call. I have to give the edge to Kessler based on his proven record against good fighters, but Ward looks to have a style to beat Kessler. I'm tempted to put a little money on Ward if the odds are juicy enough, although only an amount I wouldn't miss too much what with this being a close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
                      Stylistic nightmare for Kessler but I think he will pull through anyway. Ward has the blueprint on tape for beating Kessler, stay away, clinch and don't exchange. His holding in the Miranda fight worries me, Kessler refuses to clinch.
                      Kessler knows that Ward likes to hold and clinch. It's not a secret. He has to have a plan to counter that.

Comment

Working...
                      X