No announcement yet.

Kessler Vs. Ward: Thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    Allow me to correct you slightly. This is the second fight in the US for Kessler.
    But it's his first BIG fight in the US. He fought a journeyman in Las Vegas on an undercard nine years ago, but nobody outside of Denmark knew who he was then.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan(DK) View Post
      Posted earlier on an other forum.

"Just re watch the Ward vs. Miranda fight. Good fight btw.

If Ward is aloud to stand in the middle of the ring throwing the first punches, he is fast, precise and with some good combinations. Good body shots. But his defense is poor. When Miranda put some descent pressure on Ward, he backs up with out punching. His footwork seemed poor and he was easily court at the ropes or in the corner to be hit.

As i have stated earlier. If Kessler can fight like he did vs. Mundine, Kessler will win. Putting on the pressure, tacking a little step forward, throwing the jab, throwing the long left hook (Kessler does that wery well and Ward is to be hit) and follows it all up by 1-2, 1-2-3 and 1-2-3-4 combinations.

If Kessler can dictate the fight, i could see Ward in big trouble.

Watch round 4 Ward vs. Miranda and round 4 Kessler vs. Mundine"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftPTe7oJriM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpBMMnZ7HyU

ward has excellent defense, probably the best in the super six. same thing goes for his footwork.

ward isnt mundine bro, its easy to look good against ordinary oposition. looking good against a fast, skilled, world class fighter is another story.

i figure anytime a fighter dictates a fight his oponent will be in big trouble

Comment

Ward may have been put on the canvas by lesser punchers, but he was also more careless during these fights. He has grown up a lot and proved to be world class the way he handled Miranda so easily. Kessler is a much better boxer than Miranda, but I still dont see him getting to Ward. Ward to too fast and too slick (he can run and avoid punches as well as Mayweather when need be).

Ward wont run all night though. Kessler has enough holes in his defense to be hit and Ward had decent power. Ward will attack with perfection and be out of the way before Kessler knew what hit him. When this isnt happening Kessler will follow Ward around the ring and have little success in connecting anything flush to hurt Ward enough to change the fight.

It wont be the most exciting fight for those looking for a war. It will be a great chess match that I just dont see Ward losing. Virgil Hunter is a genious and will have THE gameplan to beat Kessler.

Comment

Originally posted by Degsy View Post
          If Ward gets KO'd and / or outboxed will you change your opinion? You get my respect if you are man enough to say you were wrong, if you comeback with excuses then your rep is likely to stay the same colour as your neck.

If you are not actually Scot Gilfoid, I suggest that you google him, his articles are tailor made for you; he thinks that Ward is the second coming and has a particular hatred for european fighters.
          Three things...

1. I'm not here to get respect...I'm good on that....I'm here to educate and subsequently torture fighter fans like yourself who are blind and don't know Boxing.

2. I don't nuthug ANY fighter...that behavior's not in my nature...I'm a Professional Critic, or "Hater" if you will....that's why I evaluate fighters and matchups so well...that's why I am EXTREMELY successful with my predictions...

3. I read that guy's article and approve of his prediction....but he is nothing compared to me...in fact...he's probably read my material in the past and is trying to BE like me...

So it's like this, stereotypical Degsy with the "ou" in his "favourite"...lol

After Ward wins...I'm gonna stick around and torture any stragglers who questioned me or continue to talk nonsense about their favourite fighter...and then...after I'm satisfied....I'll go back home to the Quality Boxing forum where I belong...

and just so you know...if...IF The Boxing Gods grant Kessler his Puncher's Chance, and he stops Ward...guess what?....it will most certainly be a "fluke".

Comment

this is a tough fight for kess imo ward is a very good boxer with sound fundamentals, natural talent and a few home advantages. ward may be the greener fighter but his versatility, angles and handspeed could give kess problems. ward also has the advantage of being an unknown quantity, he may not have alot of fights under his belt but alot of ppl stateside are listing him as the dark horse.

as for kess yes he is the more experienced and more powerful champion who has been abroad before. but he didn't look all that good in his last fight, and he is facing a fighter he doesn't know alot about. however despite all this there is no substitute for experience and it shows in kess preparation, kess has been in the US for a fortnight and come should be acclimitsed to the climate come fight night. we shouldn't read too much into the pedormo fight because kess was coming back after a long lay off against a cagey, southpaw.

i think this fight comes down to the jab, whoever wins the battle of jabs and is able to get off first will be able to throw their power punches in there as well. if kess's finds some rhythm with his jab i dont expect the fight to see the 9th rnd. on the other hand if ward gets his own jab going then his power punches (uppercuts and body punches especially) will have mikkel on the backfoot. however even if ward is winning the battle of the jab you can never count kess out, kess has a solid chin and that cannon of a right hand.

for that reason i make kess the favourite, i think ward will give him problems but i expect kess to finish proceedings by the tenth.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis The Bold View Post
              Three things...

1. I'm not here to get respect...I'm good on that....I'm here to educate and subsequently torture fighter fans like yourself who are blind and don't know Boxing.

2. I don't nuthug ANY fighter...that behavior's not in my nature...I'm a Professional Critic, or "Hater" if you will....that's why I evaluate fighters and matchups so well...that's why I am EXTREMELY successful with my predictions...

3. I read that guy's article and approve of his prediction....but he is nothing compared to me...in fact...he's probably read my material in the past and is trying to BE like me...

So it's like this, stereotypical Degsy with the "ou" in his "favourite"...lol

After Ward wins...I'm gonna stick around and torture any stragglers who questioned me or continue to talk nonsense about their favourite fighter...and then...after I'm satisfied....I'll go back home to the Quality Boxing forum where I belong...

and just so you know...if...IF The Boxing Gods grant Kessler his Puncher's Chance, and he stops Ward...guess what?....it will most certainly be a "fluke".
              LMAO at this bigmouthed psycho.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis The Bold View Post
                Kessler hasn't done a God Damn thing since LOSING to "Above Average" Joe Calzaghe in 2007

--- SNIP ---
                Well, thanks for that.

Seriously, no offense to you man, but I don't need bitching and hatred for fighters in my thread. It's irrelevant what you think of Kessler, Calzaghe, etc. because you're not changing anyone's opinion, you're just wasting our time and energy.

Hate to put anyone on ignore, btw, but I don't take thread-****ters lightly these days.

To everyone else, thanks. There are some good, thoughtful posts here, and you certainly gave me more things to think about that I hadn't thought of.

I'm still no closer to picking a winner though, so screw it, I'm not betting on this one. I *think* Kessler will just snatch it, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Ward pulls it out the bag, despite his young age and having less experience than Kessler, especially in his hometown.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live *** cam - easy as 1-2-3
                Last edited by S A M U R A I; 11-13-2009, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
                  Just to break away from the Pacquiao-Cotto mania for a second...

After studying Ward, I have a feeling Kessler might have some real problems with this guy. He is pretty damn versatile, has a lot of angles to his game and is a very smart boxer who can fight well right handed or left handed. Can Kessler deal with him? I'm not 100% confident. I was intending to bet on Kessler, he's the more experienced fighter, but hasn't done much of significance recently. To be honest, I think I'll pass on it and not bet at all. I can't pick a winner in this one!

What are your thoughts?
                  Ha! I knew it. I'm glad I didn't bet.

Props to Ward, he did his thing, but man he sure likes those headbutts. That was a bad matchup for Kessler, who is is usually super clean, one of the cleanest fighters I have ever watched, in fact. Never seen him cheat, and it's very rare to see him hold.

Kessler needed to establish himself early and he didn't do it. He looked flat as a pancake tonight. Ward would have won without butting and holding, though. I feel he didn't need to do that. Good win, however, it's hard for me to give him my full respect because the fouling, in my opinion, was blatant. Clash of heads? Fine. Your heads **** together and you pull away. Ward came in with the head before the fists and rubbed his head in Kessler's face.

Oh yeah, Froch will be destroyed if these two guys fight. That's the only consolation for me, and since I thought Dirrell deserved the win, I think Froch deserves to lose next time.

Froch-Ward would be a filth fest!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live *** cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Lulz.

Sam, had to protect your '0,' huh?

Comment

Originally posted by CrackYourJaw View Post
                      Lulz.

Sam, had to protect your '0,' huh?

Yes. Just call me Pretty Boy Sam.

Comment

Working...
                      X