Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kessler Vs. Ward: Thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aye no excuses from me, Im a Kessler fan and yes Ward did fight a pretty dirty fight, but even so, he absolutely dominated Kessler, too fast, too versatile, fairly decent power, showed some good defense and footwork, Kessler was just outclassed, overwhelmed and basically did not have any answers at all.

Maybe if Ward hadnt of clinched so much Kessler would given a better performance but at the end of the day Ward was too good for him.

Damn, didnt expect it, and pretty damn dissapointed to be honest. Props to Ward though for not fighting like Dirrell did.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis The Bold View Post
      Kessler hasn't done a God Damn thing since LOSING to "Above Average" Joe Calzaghe in 2007....yes...a loss is the high point of his career, and it was 2 full years ago.

In those 2 LONG years since, he's fought and beaten 3 bums....inactive for extended periods in between.....it's my belief that Kessler has pissed away his prime and is clearly on the down slope...

Case in point...he looked like dog **** in his last fight....which is pretty funny....because it's hard to look like **** when you win by KO4....lol....but it's true...he was slow and wide with his punches and was gettin' tagged cleanly...by an inspired BUM!

and now he's about to face a properly groomed, versatile, super quick, super slick, professional, American Olympic Gold Medalist....IN the opponent's hometown.

Kessler ain't ready...and to be honest...he NEVER would have been ready....because he, in fact, is the one who is outleagued.

Ward by Clear UD.
      It's a bit harsh because they deserve it that way, Kid.

There's a multitude of idiots across The Online Boxing Community who have made Kessler out to be a Beowulf-like figure....as if he beats anyone from 160-175 NOT named "Calzaghe"...

Speaking of Calzaghe...he's overtouted Kessler as well...like it was some kind of special feat beating him.

It's all ridiculous AND sickening at the same time..

This upcoming Ward win will directly tear Calzaghe's bull**** legacy wide open and CRUSH all of his superfans in one, fell swoop.

It's gonna be beautiful....a lot of us have been waitin' a long, long time for this moment...
      Three things...

1. I'm not here to get respect...I'm good on that....I'm here to educate and subsequently torture fighter fans like yourself who are blind and don't know Boxing.

2. I don't nuthug ANY fighter...that behavior's not in my nature...I'm a Professional Critic, or "Hater" if you will....that's why I evaluate fighters and matchups so well...that's why I am EXTREMELY successful with my predictions...

3. I read that guy's article and approve of his prediction....but he is nothing compared to me...in fact...he's probably read my material in the past and is trying to BE like me...

So it's like this, stereotypical Degsy with the "ou" in his "favourite"...lol

After Ward wins...I'm gonna stick around and torture any stragglers who questioned me or continue to talk nonsense about their favourite fighter...and then...after I'm satisfied....I'll go back home to the Quality Boxing forum where I belong...

and just so you know...if...IF The Boxing Gods grant Kessler his Puncher's Chance, and he stops Ward...guess what?....it will most certainly be a "fluke".

Nobody does it better...

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
        Ha! I knew it. I'm glad I didn't bet.

Props to Ward, he did his thing, but man he sure likes those headbutts. That was a bad matchup for Kessler, who is is usually super clean, one of the cleanest fighters I have ever watched, in fact. Never seen him cheat, and it's very rare to see him hold.

Kessler needed to establish himself early and he didn't do it. He looked flat as a pancake tonight. Ward would have won without butting and holding, though. I feel he didn't need to do that. Good win, however, it's hard for me to give him my full respect because the fouling, in my opinion, was blatant. Clash of heads? Fine. Your heads bang together and you pull away. Ward came in with the head before the fists and rubbed his head in Kessler's face.

Oh yeah, Froch will be destroyed if these two guys fight. That's the only consolation for me, and since I thought Dirrell deserved the win, I think Froch deserves to lose next time.

Froch-Ward would be a filth fest!
        Kessler underestimated Ward that's for sure. 4 weeks of camp in three different countries covering 8 timezones.

Ward may be a very dirty fighter but Kessler took a licking for sure. I cannot see him heal in time to be ready for Froch on March 6 as is Sauerlands intentions which has been confirmed today.

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
          Just to break away from the Pacquiao-Cotto mania for a second...

After studying Ward, I have a feeling Kessler might have some real problems with this guy. He is pretty damn versatile, has a lot of angles to his game and is a very smart boxer who can fight well right handed or left handed. Can Kessler deal with him? I'm not 100% confident. I was intending to bet on Kessler, he's the more experienced fighter, but hasn't done much of significance recently. To be honest, I think I'll pass on it and not bet at all. I can't pick a winner in this one!

What are your thoughts?
          Wow, good call Sam.

Comment

Ward won me 200,000 points. Man, if I still had my account at bodogingbetting website, I'd be rich as hell with real money... I'm usually good with my picks.

Comment

Working...
            X