Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple Question... Who hits harder? Manny or Miguel?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still think Cotto is the heavier handed of the two but Pacquiao is more explosive and he can pack a punch which makes him more dangerous than Cotto.

Comment

I still believe Cotto is stronger. Obviously Manny has power but the speed and punches you don't see coming can knock most people out, Along with pressure and stamina which does more damage.
      Last edited by biglou88; 11-19-2009, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
        I still think Cotto is the heavier handed of the two but Pacquiao is more explosive and he can pack a punch which makes him more dangerous than Cotto.
        That's probable but it's very tough to gauge Pac's power until he has more fights at welter. Even Mosley wasn't able to do that to Cotto with flush shots, but that's another matter entirely. Margarito also wasn't able to drop Cotto like that.

The good news for Pac is that he showed he has the power to drop and hurt a top welter and take his punches well. That should have his next 147 opponents wary of the danger he brings at the weight, as some people tend to dismiss him before because of his obvious size disadvantage.

Comment

So what's your definition of the harder puncher? To me the harder puncher is the guy who has the better chance of knocking someone the fuck out. If Manny and Cotto hit the same person with their hardest shot, who would be more likely to knock that person the fuck out?

I didn't ask who was the heavier handed puncher, I asked who was the harder puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
            If you could not see that Manny's punches were clearly harder than Miguel's, then you need to stop watching boxing.
            you're on crack. If Delahoya, a rehydrated one, punched Pacquiao and vice versa who do you think would get KO'd faster?

Pacquiao's has power obviously--but it was his angles and speed that cut up Cotto. That's what Cotto said afterwards---HE COULDN'T DEFEND properly the punches. That's what Shawn Porter said about Pacquiao. It's a combination of being out of position to properly to take the punches from different angles and the unexpected pop from Pacquiao's hands.

Shawn Porter:
            mannys punch is different. people got to understand that manny throws punches wiht power from angles and balances that other people can only tap you from. you don't expect it to be so powerful so you are not in a position to absorb it correctly. he does hit hard no doubt but it is a combination of not being positioned properly to take that punch.
            Last edited by rao007; 11-19-2009, 04:15 AM.

Comment

So what's your definition of the harder puncher? To me the harder puncher is the guy who has the better chance of knocking someone the fuck out. If Manny and Cotto hit the same person with their hardest shot, who would be more likely to knock that person the fuck out?

I didn't ask who was the heavier handed puncher, I asked who was the harder puncher.
              Put it this way, if opponents saw Pacquiao's shots coming, he'd be much less devastating. Opponents can see Cotto's shots coming and still get hurt. Cotto is the naturally harder puncher, Pacquiao relies more on speed, angles and explosiveness, not to say he isn't heavy handed, because he is but not as heavy handed as Cotto.

Comment

Put it this way, if opponents saw Pacquiao's shots coming, he'd be much less devastating. Opponents can see Cotto's shots coming and still get hurt. Cotto is the naturally harder puncher, Pacquiao relies more on speed, angles and explosiveness, not to say he isn't heavy handed, because he is but not as heavy handed as Cotto.
                You're trying to dissect the question now. It was simply, who hits harder? Who has the better ability to hurt, KTFO or knock fools down?

We ain't asking, "if someone see's the punch coming, then who would do more damage?"

Lets put it this way... Could Miguel do to Ricky what Manny did to him?

Comment

You're trying to dissect the question now. It was simply, who hits harder? Who has the better ability to hurt, KTFO or knock fools down?

We ain't asking, "if someone see's the punch coming, then who would do more damage?"
                  I think Cotto hits harder but Pacquiao is more dangerous because you don't see his shots coming.

Comment

I think Cotto hits harder but Pacquiao is more dangerous because you don't see his shots coming.
                    whatever makes you feel better dude, Manny hits harder, sorry.

Comment

well. after saturady, im convinced pac is a heavier puncher than cotto...

Comment

Working...
                      X