Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I REALLY the only person NOT really interested in a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gqjohnb View Post
    I disagree completely he's just not that size fighter anymore plus the money and more intriguing fights are up here. I think 140 is the lowest he should go
    SuperLightweight is 140.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
      SuperLightweight is 140.
      I suppose superlightweight is the the same as light WW aight i'll give you that.

Comment

This is a funny Thread! JMM at WW shouldn't even be compared to Manny At WW. **** Mayweather too! If TS lost interest in this fight due to Mayweather/JMM **** fight...lol SOMEONE needs to reevaluate their intrest in this sport! We dont care if you lose interest. How can anyone not see that the size between the two is not that far off and will be explosive fight between two great fighters. Far from the mismatch between ***weather/ JMM!

Comment

For the sake of boxing in the mainstream, Mayweather-Pac needs to happen.

When it comes to sport of boxing, Mayweather-Cotto and Mayweather-SSM are better match ups.

Comment

Originally posted by OneEyeOpen View Post
            For the sake of boxing in the mainstream, Mayweather-Pac needs to happen.

When it comes to sport of boxing, Mayweather-Cotto and Mayweather-SSM are better match ups.
            I agree with the Ukrainian...

I mean it would help the sport..

I just wonder if Cotto enters the Circle of Boxing super stardom (Hatton, DLH, Money May, Pacman,) if he beats Pacquiao..

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
              Will your opinion change if Pacquiao beats Cotto?

I like the match-up because I think it's the most dynamic and effective offense in boxing vs the most complex hard to break down defense in boxing colliding. Unstoppable force meets immovable object type thing.

The size difference is negligible and these are the two greatest boxers of our era so it has to happen - it's a very rare occasion we get an opportunity for a fight of this magnitude to come off.
              Quality post right there.

Comment

Originally posted by .::EyEKoNiK::. View Post
                I keep seeing how people only hope to see Pacquiao win this Saturday..so they could see Pacquiao-Mayweather..

but I lost MAD interest in this fight..after seeing how big and strong Mayweather was against JMM it made me realize that Pacquiao shouldn't be at Welterweight with a PRIME fighter like Cotto or much less Mayweather..

I think Pacquiao stepped over a line he shouldn't have crossed in fighting Cotto..P4P Pacquiao might beat Cotto...but at Welterweight I highly doubt it..

Now I know JMM wasn't use to the weight and that he was much slower and Mayweather didn't come in at 144lbs like he was suppose to...but still..it was a SHUTOUT!..and JMM still has GREAT DEFENSE and was taken to SCHOOL!..

I strongly believe that the style matchup for Mayweather-Pacquiao is horrible and would be a one-sided and eventual KO for Mayweather..

It's only my opinion..but I haven't noticed anybody else object to the thought of this fight..so I was only wondering if anyone else felt the same..

Besides..say Pacquiao wins..he'll be the WBO Welterweight Super Champion..will he dare fight Mayweather at 147lbs?..
                Well you are a Cotto fan, so you would be more interested in seeing him fight Cotto obviously. I would like to see either fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
                  Well you are a Cotto fan, so you would be more interested in seeing him fight Cotto obviously. I would like to see either fight.
                  Correction: I'm a BOXING Fan before anything..and I'd rather see Mayweather fight Mosley or Cotto..

I see Pacquiao-Mayweather as a mismatch..personally..

Comment

Cotto and Berto are Floyd's easiest fights at 147 if you break it down to the top 5 guys in the picture. Cotto's defense is horrible and he gasses all the time. Floyd's ability to slip punches would cause Cotto to waste a lot of energy.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
                      Cotto and Berto are Floyd's easiest fights at 147 if you break it down to the top 5 guys in the picture. Cotto's defense is horrible and he gasses all the time. Floyd's ability to slip punches would cause Cotto to waste a lot of energy.
                      Berto-Mayweather would actually be a decent fight..too bad it would never happen..

Cotto-Mayweather would be a close decision..115-113 type across the board..I think Mayweather still takes the UD tho..

Comment

Working...
                      X