No announcement yet.

Pacquiao: Catch weight King?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .::EyEKoNiK::. View Post
    Cotto's height wouldn't allow it..he's not Mike Tyson neither..

what all you CLOWNS aren't getting is that you guys think Pacquiao walks around 140 and had to gain 5lbs to make weight..that's not the case here..

Cotto has to lose about 20lbs while Pacquiao would only have to lose about 10lbs..

now like I said..if you do some training yourself..you'd know..there's only so much you could cut before you start cutting muscle..and that's where you get killed..because muscle contains about 70% water..and that's why they can't even stand when they cut down too much weight..

Cotto makes 147 comfortably..I won't even say easily..I'll say comfortably..those 2lbs will affect Cotto..I won't use that as an excuse..but like I said..Pacquiao has fought at 147lb before..he wants a WW belt..(yes I know WW is 141-147) ..so why not fight the man at the limit you fought at before?..
    yes Pac fought at WW before but don't forget he only tipped 142 on weigh in & 148 on fight night

you compare that to an average welter fight where guys rehydrate up to 160 at max

and im sure cotto would be weighing in 158+ on fight night

a 150+ Pac is a lazy unhealthy one, not fit for a bout, wouldn't even last 6 rounds with cotto thats for sure

he'll cut weight at merely 148 for fight

Comment

Originally posted by Aracibo04 View Post
      for the 4th time no one here is arguing that.. cotto accepted it and its on him (also for the 4th time) and thank you for admiting that roach is trying to get manny as much of an advantage as possible... thats the truth.. im not knocking that. but thats the truth...
      It's what I keep saying. They're trying to make the fight as competitive as possible. We all know that Cotto has TOO MUCH advantages at 147. Sigh. Point of this thread is for people to stop calling Pac the catch weight king and "the dehydrator". Cauzz he isn't. What's the point of fighting if it won't be competitive. What's the point if it's too one sided?

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
        hers a point that makes great sense.......cotto is not half as special as manny as a boxer......can we atleast agree with that?....
        Hell NO we can't agree LOL....

Comment

I'm done in this thread..

Delusional Pacquiao fans..can't even call them boxing fans.. will disappear in about 11 days!..

than we can go back to Mayweather not fighting a Welterweight..aka..back to normal..

this Pac hype has gotten outta hand with his fanboys..and I can't help but fall in to their nuthuggin traps..I'm out!.

Comment

ill agree to that

Comment

Originally posted by JulVal View Post
              It's what I keep saying. They're trying to make the fight as competitive as possible. We all know that Cotto has TOO MUCH advantages at 147. Sigh. Point of this thread is for people to stop calling Pac the catch weight king and "the dehydrator". Cauzz he isn't. What's the point of fighting if it won't be competitive. What's the point if it's too one sided?
              then cotto should be given props for agreeing to fight at this weight, it is manny coming up to challenge him. and we should give manny props for taking on a fighter of cottos caliber, although many don't think he is any good.
              i think we CAN agree on that..

Comment

for the 4th time no one here is arguing that.. cotto accepted it and its on him (also for the 4th time) and thank you for admiting that roach is trying to get manny as much of an advantage as possible... thats the truth.. im not knocking that. but thats the truth...
                Speaking of natural weight, why does it seem that you're the only two guys, who are obviously Cotto fans, who thinks that Manny is a natural 150 pounder? Look over the thread dude. Everyone here and most boxing experts and media men seems to think so otherwise.

He is always labelled as the 'smaller man'. I gotta admit that he's not that small anymore though because of his HARD WORK. Let Cotto do some work dude.

Oh and btw. How long have you been seeing Pac to say that 150 is his natural weight? You just heard that once from some news

Comment

I'm done in this thread..

Delusional Pacquiao fans..can't even call them boxing fans.. will disappear in about 11 days!..

than we can go back to Mayweather not fighting a Welterweight..aka..back to normal..

this Pac hype has gotten outta hand with his fanboys..and I can't help but fall in to their nuthuggin traps..I'm out!.
                  "Ive been proven wrong so Ill just start name calling"

Comment

why not?.....pac is 6 div champ while cotto is 2

pac is a 4 div lineal champ while cotto zero....

that is less than half honestly, dont you think?....lol

Comment

ill give you 5,000 points if you can post a link that Pac rehydrates as high as 147 lbs when he was a super featherweight.....

if you cant, then STFU

deal?

Manny walks around 150-155..and cuts his weight..like 90% of boxers..check his fight night weights in some of his 130lb days..he'd rehydrate as high as 147+

Comment

Working...
                      X