No announcement yet.

Pacquiao: Catch weight King?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .::EyEKoNiK::. View Post
    Cotto's height wouldn't allow it..he's not Mike Tyson neither..

what all you CLOWNS aren't getting is that you guys think Pacquiao walks around 140 and had to gain 5lbs to make weight..that's not the case here..

Cotto has to lose about 20lbs while Pacquiao would only have to lose about 10lbs..

now like I said..if you do some training yourself..you'd know..there's only so much you could cut before you start cutting muscle..and that's where you get killed..because muscle contains about 70% water..and that's why they can't even stand when they cut down too much weight..

Cotto makes 147 comfortably..I won't even say easily..I'll say comfortably..those 2lbs will affect Cotto..I won't use that as an excuse..but like I said..Pacquiao has fought at 147lb before..he wants a WW belt..(yes I know WW is 141-147) ..so why not fight the man at the limit you fought at before?..
    sweetpea is 5' 6 and god damn floyd s as tall as cotto and cotto is a bit bigger than him and he won a tilte at 154 ....wtf can cotto do so specacial then?....lol

Comment

Ok, Roach was trying to take a way a 2 pounds of advantage off Cotto. Because you know why? They were trying to make the fight as competitive as possible. It's what I was keep on saying. PAC IS A NATURALLY SMALLER GUY. EVEN EVERYONE from the PRESS and BOXING MEDIA knows that.

They were balancing the equations out. They were trying to even out the odds.

BALANCE.
      CATCHING WEIGHT

HELL if it's so much of a disadvantage, then Cotto shouldn't have accepted it.

Comment

Originally posted by JulVal View Post
        Roach was trying to make the fight as competitive as possible as I see it. He knows that Cotto is very dangerous for a little Manny Pacquiao.

And answer this question please, how heavy does Cotto walk at?

Oh and in regards to gaining weight, yes, they're trying to gain 5 pounds of muscles as opposed to losng water weight and little fats.
        PLLEASseee don't give me that BS of little manny ok.. he is a big boy and has grown very well into jr W and maybe Welter by now..
        all i know is cotto said he would try to rehydrate to 155, cotto may walk around 160 but its a guess. why what are you trying to get at??

oh yea bout your 5 pound theory.. quoted for truth and sense..
        EyeKonK :

what all you CLOWNS aren't getting is that you guys think Pacquiao walks around 140 and had to gain 5lbs to make weight..that's not the case here..

Cotto has to lose about 20lbs while Pacquiao would only have to lose about 10lbs..

Comment

Originally posted by JulVal View Post
          Ok, Roach was trying to take a way a 2 pounds of advantage off Cotto. Because you know why? They were trying to make the fight as competitive as possible. It's what I was keep on saying. PAC IS A NATURALLY SMALLER GUY. EVEN EVERYONE from the PRESS and BOXING MEDIA knows that.

They were balancing the equations out. They were trying to even out the odds.

BALANCE.
          CATCHING WEIGHT

HELL if it's so much of a disadvantage, then Cotto shouldn't have accepted it.
          for the 4th time no one here is arguing that.. cotto accepted it and its on him (also for the 4th time) and thank you for admiting that roach is trying to get manny as much of an advantage as possible... thats the truth.. im not knocking that. but thats the truth...

Comment

Cotto's height wouldn't allow it..he's not Mike Tyson neither..

now like I said..if you do some training yourself..you'd know..there's only so much you could cut before you start cutting muscle..and that's where you get killed..because muscle contains about 70% water..and that's why they can't even stand when they cut down too much weight..

Cotto makes 147 comfortably..I won't even say easily..I'll say comfortably..those 2lbs will affect Cotto..I won't use that as an excuse..but like I said..Pacquiao has fought at 147lb before..he wants a WW belt..(yes I know WW is 141-147) ..so why not fight the man at the limit you fought at before?..
            Thing is he hasn't. He didn't make 147 at De La Hoya fight! He was pounds short of 147. -.- He even just walked in somewhere near 148

Comment

Originally posted by alexpz View Post
              Do you know how much cotto weight in his last fight? Did he look drained in that fight?
              Do you know how much he was "ALLOWED" to weigh in at tho?..

Comment

Originally posted by Aracibo04 View Post
                PLLEASseee don't give me that BS of little manny ok.. he is a big boy and has grown very well into jr W and maybe Welter by now..
                all i know is cotto said he would try to rehydrate to 155, cotto may walk around 160 but its a guess. why what are you trying to get at??

oh yea bout your 5 pound theory.. quoted for truth and sense..
                hers a point that makes great sense.......cotto is not half as special as manny as a boxer......can we atleast agree with that?....

Comment

It's not the same logic..

because Williams has fought actively in 3 different weight classes from WW to JMW to MW

Since Cotto left 140...he hasn't looked back or came back for anybody..so why would he now?..

Williams has..he's been at 160 and came back to 147 to get a fight with no problem..so Williams has more control with his weight being that he's taller and he fits those 3 divisions perfectly..Cotto is short and muscular (stocky) he can't cut much more weight or he'd be dehydrated and it could be dangerous for him to even fight..

I'll tell you now..if he would've agreed to Roach's dumb ass 143..Cotto would've collapsed..

Im sure cotto wouldve just died with an extra 2lbs, and the entire boxing world would attend his fueneral.

I give paul williams credit for fluctuating 3 different weight classes, but some how cotto just dies from moving 147 to 143? (he's going to 145), if thats the case, he shouldnt be fighting at welterweight, which makes him a huge welterweight.

Manny is not a natural welterweight, thus they made Cotto move down to 145. His trainer said it was no problem.

He did fight ODLH at 147, because he was coming from 130 the same year. If you cant understand the circumstances behind this then I cant help you any further.

If Cotto is moving down 2lbs, and youre complaining about a catchweight since Manny fought ODLH at 147, then you should have no problem with floyd fighting Paul Williams at 154.

Comment

Do you know how much he was "ALLOWED" to weigh in at tho?..
                    was he fighting an ex 106 lber tho?.....

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                      post # 38 , 50 and 59......no reply at all?....
                      damn i got to look for that now? I was too busy countering juval LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X