Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pacman777 View Post
    punchstat for the clottey/cotto fight clearly indicates the winner

tszyu would beg to differ

he said that the fight with hatton was the best feeling hes ever had in the ring
    all u guys that believe punch stats solely determine a winner are complete idiots and should not watch boxing..go watch bowling or darts..a fighter may land 80 punches to 20 in one round and still only get a 10-9 round!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The ones voting for Hatton must be British or something.

Comment

Originally posted by onedream722 View Post
        all u guys that believe punch stats solely determine a winner are complete idiots and should not watch boxing..go watch bowling or darts..a fighter may land 80 punches to 20 in one round and still only get a 10-9 round!!!!!!!!!!!

80 punches to 20 and you still have the other guy winning

******s

Comment

tszyu would beg to differ

he said that the fight with hatton was the best feeling hes ever had in the ring
          Tszyu said he felt "Flat" after the bout. Even his wife said Kostya looked ill at the weigh-in compared to other times she has seen him and it worried her. It was even rumored during that time that he was struggling to take off those last few pounds leading up to the fight. People were blaming the weather and some even suggested his age and effect of the time difference.
          Little things can effect your performance.

And all fighters, especially elite fighters like that, tend to say they are in their best condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Animalistic 5.0 View Post
            lmao! since when punch stats indicate a winner? You don't win in boxing by punching stats you win by winning more rounds than your opponent!

When you started to watch boxing man?

they dont necessarily indicate the winner... but they are a necessity in close fights...

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
              Tszyu said he felt "Flat" after the bout. Even his wife said Kostya looked ill at the weigh-in compared to other times she has seen him and it worried her. It was even rumored during that time that he was struggling to take off those last few pounds leading up to the fight. People were blaming the weather and some even suggested his age and effect of the time difference.
              Little things can effect your performance.

And all fighters, especially elite fighters like that, tend to say they are in their best condition.

tszyu dint look sub par to me in the fight with hatton

Comment

80 punches to 20 and you still have the other guy winning

******s

damn ur ******ed...just because your completely outlanding you opponent one round by a large amount of punches the round is still most likely scored a 10-9 round..but all those punches go toward your final punch stats...an example for ur ******ed ass is juan manuel lopez against penalosa...lopez dominated penalosa, for instance round 8 where he landed 87 punches..he was still only rewarded with a 10-9 round...learn the sport...more punches landed does not win you a fight...more rounds won do idiot!!!!!!!!!!! fights go by a round by round basis!!!!!

Comment

tszyu dint look sub par to me in the fight with hatton
                  Well some of it had to do with Hatton's strategy of holding on/grappling until Tszyu got tired which was likely given he was 35+ and only fought 9 rounds in 3 years...but do you think that version of Tszyu was the same fighter in earlier years?

Comment

Cotto has the better resume. You can't take away from him. But Hatton was good at 140. He beat the man at that weight in Kosta Tszyu. Plus he made close to 40 mill in fights with Floyd and Pac.

Comment

they dont necessarily indicate the winner... but they are a necessity in close fights...
                      No they are not! The judges can't get punch stats in a fight and even if they did at the end of the fight they are not going change rounds just because one guy landed a few more shots than the other guy when some of those punches might have been pitty pat punches that did nothing to the other boxer.

Look at it this way

3 Round fight

1st Round - I land 80 to 25 - I win round 10/9
                      2nd Round - I land 20 to 30 - I lose Round 10/9
                      3rd Round - I land 50 to 60 - I lose Round 10/9

As you can see I lost 2 of the rounds and the fight but when you do the math I landed more punches than my opponent in a 3 round fight.

Are you going to give me the fight because I landed more punches in the fight or you going to give it to my opponent who won the most rounds?
                      Last edited by Animalistic 5.0; 10-27-2009, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X