No announcement yet.

better resume, cotto or hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peyk-peyk View Post
    You can say the same thing too when Cotto narrowly beat a 37 year old Mosley.
    This is true. Prime Mosley beats Cotto.

Comment

So many idiots in this site, this isn't even close. Cotto has fought the top five of his division, the most competitive in boxing by far, and beat them all. The only loss in his record is questionable unlike Hatton who's been blown out twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis Lass View Post
        i think hatton would have beat mayweather if it was at 140 instead of 147.
        I don't think so. I've always thought Floyd was better at 140 than 147. At 147, he started to change as a fighter and started to take rounds off and threw less.

Floyd asked for the fight at 140 and Hatton's team refused.

Plus, Floyd was coming in at under 150 when he fought Hatton. Hatton was coming in at around the same weight by fight-time for his JrWW fights.
        This wasn't a 160 fighter vs. a 149+ fighter. They just skipped the weigh-in charade of losing weight for the scales. It was a healthier more honest way of doing things.

Comment

i lost again this weekend.

i got to keep that crappy avatar for another week.
          LOL yea it was ugly for the bears! damn... like whats his name said that avatar of yours is ****ographically gay!! but why one more week?? i don't get it did you loose a bet LOL

Comment

Originally posted by swizz View Post
            tszyu
            was on his way out basically wen hatton fought him
            agreed

i think hatton would have beat mayweather if it was at 140 instead of 147.
            maybe....147 was too much for hatton and Collazo proved it.

Originally posted by peyk-peyk View Post
            You can say the same thing too when Cotto narrowly beat a 37 year old Mosley.
            same guy that KTFO Margacheato?? Mosley is the man right now and he would beat pac and fraud

Comment

Cedric Benson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bears

True Story.

Comment

Originally posted by Animalistic 5.0 View Post
                Just like Pacquiao din't win against Marquez? hehehe
                punchstat for the clottey/cotto fight clearly indicates the winner

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
                Not so sure that Kostya Tszyu's name is better than Mosley let alone where each fighter was at in their career. Shane still went on to KO Margarito while Tszyu retired because enough was enough. Tszyu had been on the decline for a while. His body was breaking down as well which is why he spent more time in the surgery room than in the boxing ring. 35+ years old, 9 rounds in 3 years, declined athletically and still trying to make 140....takes its toll.

For all the people saying Hatton's career is being disrespected should look at what is going on with Tszyu and realizing where he was at in his career when he fought Hatton. This wasn't the same Champ that won the title in his 14th bout.
                He was an underdog against Judah more because he was seen as on the decline and not because one poster speculates that he was 1/4 Korean and 3/4 Russian/European. Even against Leija, he wasn't exactly looking at his best and was taking longer to warm up to fights which is a sign of a declined fighter when talking about someone like Kostya Tszyu who was a force in his youth.

Seriously, people need to get over Tszyu's KO's and go back and watch his full career and what he could do.

Hatton still needed to wrestle his ass to tire him out because he wasn't going to out-box him. And I'm not even sure that strategy to wrestle Tszyu would have worked had it been many years before.

tszyu would beg to differ

he said that the fight with hatton was the best feeling hes ever had in the ring

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                  Cedric Benson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bears

True Story.
                  quoted for truth that mofo is a monster!!! I always like how he runs!!

Comment

excuse me?

tszyu fought everyone in his division.

there's a reason people skipped 140 or spent very little time there when they did fight at 140.

and it wasn't because kostya wouldn't fight them.
                    Well as long as you are not talking about Oscar and Shane because Kostya blew those fights. The Oscar fight was set but Kostya ended up losing to Phillips. Shane wanted to move up and he saw an opportunity to fight Oscar so he made the move. Kostya could have moved up to 147 when the division was hot with Oscar, Shane, Tito, and Forrest...but he didn't.

I think Kostya would have handled the weight just fine; he has a very thick frame. Actually, staying at 140 for all those years most likely took a negative effect on his body.

Comment

Originally posted by pacman777 View Post
                      punchstat for the clottey/cotto fight clearly indicates the winner

lmao! since when punch stats indicate a winner? You don't win in boxing by punching stats you win by winning more rounds than your opponent!

When you started to watch boxing man?

Comment

Working...
                      X