Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARUM: "Cotto/Pacquiao sales are because of MAYWEATHER".

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
    Clyde,

This isn't football or basketball where Team A will play Team B no matter what.

The main reason that fights are made (or not made) is because of money. So, if you are a boxing fan, you must also be astute about boxing business.

What do promoters talk about? Money. What do the approving networks talk about? Money. And they are the ones who determine if you get to see the fights that YOU want to see.

Feel me?
    It's irrelevant because unless you're caking off whichever event is making money, you're still buying the event to watch a fight, not to be on a mission to financially help Boxing. People don't buy the PPVs and shut the TV off and say, "Ok well he got my $54.99, cheers to (fill in the blank)". It's just dumb talk unless you're in the business of being a Boxing promoter. Boxing is always going to make money because of all the hands that are in the pot. Floyd and Marquez do 1 Million buys on PPV and it's like the Boxing world got this huge financial boost?? Come on lol...We all love Floyd too, but bringing up PPV revenue and gates means nothing in the long run because people are going to talk about the fights themselves more than what the PPV drew.

Who talks about how good Tito vs Oscar did on PPV in 2000 today more than the actual fight?

Comment

one of the poster on the scene say this pharse just as much as mayweather " all roads leads to floyd mayweather" lol

Comment

there has to be a reason why arum is saying something positive about mayweather....

lol

Comment

Well; don't care what Arum says bud damn;

I'm not watching the fight because of Mayweather; hell no!

This will be a better fight than all Mayweathers fights together!

Mayweather "peeleft:

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
            Floyd and Marquez do 1 Million buys on PPV and it's like the Boxing world got this huge financial boost?? Come on lol...We all love Floyd too, but bringing up PPV revenue and gates means nothing in the long run because people are going to talk about the fights themselves more than what the PPV drew.
            Because there are legitimate reasons not to fight somebody. For example: Oscar could have fought Winky...or Castillejo. Neither had a name to sell PPV's, and Castillejo was clearly the softer touch.

If you don't want to understand the mechanics behind the sport you love and dedicate a couple of hours to daily, I respect that. ...but i'm different.

And, YES. Success breeds success. For the sport. Just TODAY, ESPN was on in the background and john Mccain was on talking with Brian kenny about the Jack johnson pardon. The convo then shifted to the state of the sport. Mccain said that we need more recognizable names. right now, we only have DLH, FMJ and the Klitschkos. This is Senator and former pres candidate John Mccain talking.

When Floyd (for example) sells major, that gives him exposure and leverage to go on a bunch of TV shows. And boxing gets discussed on those shows. If he wasn't on there, boxing would not get discussed. That is the way one person's success helps to elevate the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Palokaj View Post
              :

I'm not watching the fight because of Mayweather; :
              Yes. You are.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
                Yes. You are.

i'm not a mayweather freak like you;

Comment

true boxing fans who want to see a true boxing fight will watch the fight. it may or may not surpass the 1 million buys but atleast i will be able to enjoy 2 warriors fight even the fight wouldnt go to the distance. the fight should be better than the one we have seen in the last 2-3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Palokaj View Post

;
                    Secure people don't feel the need to insult or attack others. Your actions say who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by joelab75 View Post
                      true boxing fans who want to see a true boxing fight will watch the fight. it may or may not surpass the 1 million buys but atleast i will be able to enjoy 2 warriors fight even the fight wouldnt go to the distance. the fight should be better than the one we have seen in the last 2-3 years.
                      Who is it that passes out the secret decoder rings to 'true boxing fans"? You?

Comment

Working...
                      X