Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARUM: "Cotto/Pacquiao sales are because of MAYWEATHER".

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ionno, Ive been conditioned by Floyd fans to not believe anything Arum says because according to them, "all he does is lie".

Comment

Originally posted by drinkxerox View Post
      kudos to arum for putting his ego aside and keeping it real - is it really that much of a sin to admit that credit is deserved all around for the buzz and excitement?
      I'm calling it right now.

The numbers for Firepower may not be released. When Arum sees what the sales are, and they come in below Numero Uno's 1.1 mil, he is gonna try to do like he did in Hatton-Pac and beg HBO not to release the data.

...but we'll have it anyway.

ah

Comment

2nd time Arum mentions the winner of Cotto vs. Pacquiao as a possible opponent for Mayweather. I wonder if the two speak on the down low.

Comment

sweet, so more the reason for a Mayweather vs Pacquiao next year. (or cotto)

Comment

Why on earth do posters on a boxing site give a rat's ass about this stuff? I notice these PPV sales threads get posted a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
              I know psychology when I see it, he's just trying to say a good word about Floyd, trying to lure his fans to buy this fight.
              Co sign!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Maybe now Pac/Cotto CAN reach 1.0 Mil or more.

Comment

OMG, I made a thread saying this exact same thing after the JMM fight and everyone thought I was being a crazy homer. Floyd is going to boost this fight so much. I also said that will hurt him in negotiations but now since Arum admitted it, maybe it wont. Everyone is going to buy Cotto-Pac to see how they stack up against Floyd and they know that fight will probably be next

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                    OMG, I made a thread saying this exact same thing after the JMM fight and everyone thought I was being a crazy homer. Floyd is going to boost this fight so much. I also said that will hurt him in negotiations but now since Arum admitted it, maybe it wont. Everyone is going to buy Cotto-Pac to see how they stack up against Floyd and they know that fight will probably be next
                    If you notice, Arum has said several complimentary things about Floyd's power as a draw recently.

Methinks something is afoot.

Arum knows where his bread is buttered. (unless he goes the rematch route)

Comment

Originally posted by Clyde Barrow View Post
                      Why on earth do posters on a boxing site give a rat's ass about this stuff? I notice these PPV sales threads get posted a lot.
                      Clyde,

This isn't football or basketball where Team A will play Team B no matter what.

The main reason that fights are made (or not made) is because of money. So, if you are a boxing fan, you must also be astute about boxing business.

What do promoters talk about? Money. What do the approving networks talk about? Money. And they are the ones who determine if you get to see the fights that YOU want to see.

Feel me?

Comment

Working...
                      X