Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARUM: "Cotto/Pacquiao sales are because of MAYWEATHER".

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tesla_power View Post
    Not necessarily true. Business it good for the sport but as a fan, I could care less of what they earn. Not gonna see an iota of it anyway. To me, how they compute it or what the split is or who the draw is or who garnered this much ppv ... will always be lesser than how the actual fight will play out or am I happy after the fight, will I want to see him again , etc ...
    I agree totally, great post!!

Comment

Originally posted by nj_evoixgsr View Post
      THE WHOLE 6 MONTHS OF WAITING ON JMM VS PBF .
      Would you please validate your credibility (or expose otherwise) by explaining the "six months".

Thanks in advance.

Comment

manny is the attraction right now

Comment

Originally posted by tesla_power View Post
          Not necessarily true. Business it good for the sport but as a fan, I could care less of what they earn. Not gonna see an iota of it anyway. To me, how they compute it or what the split is or who the draw is or who garnered this much ppv ... will always be lesser than how the actual fight will play out or am I happy after the fight, will I want to see him again , etc ...
          Jesus. It was so easy to understand.

You are talking about the fight after it is already made. "How it plays out".
          But the fight is never actually MADE if the money isn't worked out.
          This isn't the NFL where you know you will play the teams in your division twice a year.

Comment

Originally posted by shyboirank#1 View Post
            manny is the attraction right now
            WIshing it, doesn't make it so. Unfortunately.

There is copious data to the contrary.

Comment

It does help, but the MAJORITY of fans are buying it because it will be a war.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
                Jesus. It was so easy to understand.

You are talking about the fight after it is already made. "How it plays out".
                But the fight is never actually MADE if the money isn't worked out.
                This isn't the NFL where you know you will play the teams in your division twice a year.
                It was easy to understand your point. But I was talking as a rebuttal to your statement "if you are a boxing fan, you should be astute in the business". Now, that statement of yours, "You are talking about the fight after it is already made"... WTF??? Where is boxing if it is not made. The boxing business exist because of the sport of boxing. Not the other way around.

I said I'm a boxing fan. It means I like and follow things that goes in the ring not outside of it.

Like I said, for me, boxing business is good for small talk. Unless I want to work in the boxing industry, I would not really care much about those.

If they don't get made because of money then so be it. I would be disappointed of course but not to the point where I will stop watching boxing. There will always be other fighters to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
                  Mayweather's return boosts Pacquiao-Cotto bout

By J. Michael Falgoust, USA TODAY

No one will ever confuse Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Bob Arum as friends.
                  The ex-welterweight champion's former promoter, however, will give him this much: Mayweather's successful comeback from an almost two-year layoff last month has boosted Manny Pacquiao's Nov. 14 bout with Miguel Cotto.

"Mayweather's return has gotten people, particularly the people who follow Mayweather, energized. Those people are going to watch this fight because the winner is a potential (opponent) for Mayweather," says Arum
                  , whose Top Rank Inc. promotes Pacquiao and Cotto.

A month before the year's most anticipated fight, Las Vegas is almost sold out for Pacquiao-Cotto. Only about 90 high-end seats remain at the 16,500-seat MGM Grand Garden Arena ($9 million gate) and the 1,000 tickets for local closed circuit are gone.

Pacquiao is guaranteed $10 million while Cotto's take is $6.5 million. If the bout reaches 1 million pay-per-view buys, Pacquiao's take would increase to about $20 million while Cotto would draw $12 million.

Pacquiao's two-round destruction of Ricky Hatton for the junior welterweight championship in May sold just less than 900,000. Mayweather scored a unanimous decision vs. Juan Manuel Marquez, surpassing that total to reach 1 million buys to become 2009's No. 1 PPV show.

Arum says there's no rematch clause for Pacquiao-Cotto but both fighters have extended their promotional deals; Cotto until the end of 2011 and Pacquiao, whose current deal ends in November 2010, through 2012. — J. Michael Falgoust

Putting "Cotto / Pacquiao sales are because of MAYWEATHER" leads me to believe you are trying to spread misinformation. That is not what Arum said and it distorts what he meant.

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
                    yeah right

JMM/Floyd sells because of Pac/Hatton
                    errr wrong answer. more people watched mayweather-marquez. so more people are interested in seeing who mayweather fights next.

Comment

Originally posted by RinGhost_ View Post
                      Arum just wants to sell the fight as much as possible. Before Mayweather Pacquiao was making a big buzz when he fought De La Hoya and that continued on against Hatton.
                      They just want to lure Mayweather to fight the winner no matter who it is.
                      is a reason why floyd says "all roads lead to Mayweather"

b/c hes not in need of these guys, therefore, people approach mayweather for fights not the other way around. meaning, Floyd has the upper hand, since they come to him

floyds team wont go to Arum, Arum will have to go to FLoyd which insures floyd will get the biggest share of money

Comment

Working...
                      X