Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm glad we can now dead the notion that Ali/Frazier/Holmes/Foreman,etc are too small to beat Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm glad we can now dead the notion that Ali/Frazier/Holmes/Foreman,etc are too small to beat Fury

A lot of Tyson Fury fans felt that the prior generations of boxers would be too small to match up with Fury in a hypothetical H2H fight.

I've seen claims that even guys like Bowe or Lewis were too small in comparison, so they'd likely lose to Fury too.

Now, I'm not saying every previous ATG beats Fury because of this logic, but the opposite is true. Now we can say for certain that the "small" heavyweights wouldn't be too small for Fury.

Discuss.

We can put to bed a lot of nonsense now. Fury has mostly been an inactive con-artist, and I think most of his fanboys were even aware of this. Certain demographics of males just worshipped him because they saw some fat, abusive lout and found it relatable. As long as he avoided defeat, by fighting infrequently and choosing carefully, they could keep their pathetic flame war going.

Even until recently I was hearing how Fury was going to "ragdoll" Usyk (they really liked that term) and how he "always turned up for the big fights". And yet he lost to, and was almost knocked out by, the only elite fighter he ever faced.

He's been a bad joke for a long time and I'm glad it's over.

Comment

I always thought that Lewis would've beaten Fury convincingly. Cunningham already showed that a smaller guy could outbox and hurt him but Fury was able to overcome that with his size which probably made people think he would always be that effective against a smaller opponent. Usyk's a special talent but I could also see Ali and Holmes outboxing Fury.

The one thing I've always said to Fury fans was that wins against Wilder and a past prime Wlad are definitely good wins, they're nowhere near enough to put Fury as the greatest heavyweight of all time or the top 3 as many of them were claiming.

Comment

Frazier is too small and doesnt match up well with Fury. Frazier has never faced a speedy giant like Fury and he would be like a deer caught in a headlight. Fury would make him look pretty silly actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Hous
          How are you going call him a con-artist?
          Because he conned people into thinking he was far greater than he was. If he'd defended regularly like a proper champion he would have lost far sooner, and he knew it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hous

How are you going call him a con-artist? He lost to Usyk, but he didn't look like a con artist. He actually a pretty good fight. The problem is, he was just fighting against Usyk. Fury is not the best, but he is better than everyone except maybe AJ and Usyk. Usyk is just that good.

I don't like Fury, but the guy clearly is a champion caliber boxer.
            He isn't a con-artist because of how he fought in the Usyk fight, he's a con-artist because if it was up to him he would never have fought Usyk in the first place. He delayed it as long as possible, milking his 'reign' as so-called lineal champion against no-hopers like Chisora and Ngannou, until his back was against the wall and he could no longer avoid it.

In all the time Fury has been at or around the top of the division, how many top 10 heavyweights has he actually fought? He wanted to be known as the best heavyweight of this generation without fighting the best heavyweights of this generation. That's why he's a con-man.

Comment

Prime Ali would kill Fury. prime Mike Tyson also.
              tonysoprano tonysoprano likes this.

Comment

Fury is good, not great. The Fury stans are now working overtime to declare that Usyk is the best fighter ever, because otherwise they have to confront the fact that he was never as good as they thought he was.
                JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
                  Fury is good, not great. The Fury stans are now working overtime to declare that Usyk is the best fighter ever, because otherwise they have to confront the fact that he was never as good as they thought he was.
                  Usyk was just the best fighter Fury has ever fought and here we have a result. Usyk is better than old version Vlad IMO.

Comment

Fury pack of power is a major issue, he couldn't keep fn or Usyk of of him...I think fury misjudged his power as he fought a guy with a historically weak chin three times in wilder, and a cpl handpicked cans along the way

Comment

Working...
                    X