No announcement yet.

Usyk won clearly IMO.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mash121 View Post

Yeah agree. Fury struggles to stay motivated so now the '0' has gone he may not care as much considering he's set financially. The desire tends to go after a loss and Fury is known to get lazy.

I think Fury showed at points in the fight he could win with the right strategy but can he stay hungry that's the problem.
    true. He let this fight slip by. Was having his way and boxing easy then got complacent. I was surprised actually how well he boxed usyk, as i thought he’d fight kronk style and leaned on him for the most part.

Comment

Saw a poll online after the fight on an Instagram boxing page and it was over 80% of the fans giving it to Usyk. It was close but clear.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor
        My personal card was

1-3 Usyk

4-7 Fury

8-12 Usyk

For a total of 116-111 Usyk
        1-3 can be split for me.
        4-7 fury. 8-11 usyk
        and 12 for fury.

hell i can see it being 6-6 with the KD being the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by diplo View Post
          WHAT JUDGE CALLED IT 114-113 TO FURY. Jesus ******* Christ.
          He gave Fury the 11th too which is nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post

Who do you think won? I didn’t see it I was out .
            Usyk quite clearly rewatching it now and i gave usyk the 3rd round too so i imagine even wider for usyk in this watch
            Gideon lock Gideon lock likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor
              My personal card was

1-3 Usyk

4-7 Fury

8-12 Usyk

For a total of 116-111 Usyk
              On my second watch here this is a decent scorecard

1 to 3 are clear usyk for me with the intelligent pressure

Round 4 could have went either way which is understandable watching live it going to fury because of the excitement of him getting into the fight

Rounds 5 and 6 fury has an incredible output which was 100 percent not sustainable for him over 12 rounds and usyk takes them off somewhat by being defensive but keeping the pressure on making tyson work the whole time

Round 7 usyk matches the fury output and its a very close round another swing round imo

round 8 fury starts to gas his punches start slowing before usyk breaks furys nose (whether furys nose got broken or not he would have still slowed down is the reason im pointing this out because he seemed to lose his snap and speed in the punches he throws prior to having his face rearranged )

round 9 fury comes back and wins the first two minutes of the round with a high leading output but we all know what happens its the pattern for almost all the rounds usyk wins
              The rounds fury wins is a high leading output at range with clean bodyshots but his head shots are mostly ridden by usyk or are landing in non effective places
              when usyk lands it tends to be on the button or sweet spots

Round 10 is a close round with usyk edging with more eye catching shots

Round 11 usyks shows his accuracy with that power jabs right on the button several times(the shot that did dubois) and lands 3 or 4 good left hands with fury on the retreat.

Round 12 its a close round and usyk lands the right hook several times his last trick in the book(everytime he lands his right hook fury is expecting a left hand)fury does land a couple of good punches but most are cuffing shots
              I gave 12 to usyk for the 4 or 5 clean right hooks as opposed to furys work

I gave usyk rounds 1-4
              Fury rounds 5-7
              Usyk rounds 8-12

Thats 9 to usyk and an extra point for round 9
              And 3 rounds to fury

I can also understand and forgive anyone who had it

Usyk rounds 1,2,3,8,9,10,11
              Fury rounds 4,5,6,7,12

Clear usyk win even with generosity imo towards fury
              Last edited by Stuntman Mike; 05-19-2024, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mash121 View Post

Yeah agree. Fury struggles to stay motivated so now the '0' has gone he may not care as much considering he's set financially. The desire tends to go after a loss and Fury is known to get lazy.

I think Fury showed at points in the fight he could win with the right strategy but can he stay hungry that's the problem.
                I highly doubt fury could lead and throw that many punches to keep usyk off him for 12 rounds..he started the big "leading output" in round 5 and by the time round 8 came along he slowed down tremendously

Usyks pressure was the difference in this fight if you watch it back he never let fury rest for a second even in the rounds he took off and the output fury had to excert just to win a few of the middle rounds was unsustainable

Comment

Originally posted by Stuntman Mike View Post

I gave usyk rounds 1-4
                  Fury rounds 5-7
                  Usyk rounds 8-12

Thats 9 to usyk and an extra point for round 9
                  And 3 rounds to fury

I can also understand and forgive anyone who had it

Usyk rounds 1,2,3,8,9,10,11
                  Fury rounds 4,5,6,7,12

Clear usyk win even with generosity imo towards fury
                  I had them:
                  • Splitting 1-4. Usyk the first two, Fury the second two. But I could go any way on any of them - they were the hardest rounds to score.
                  • Fury 5 & 6 were clear.
                  • 7 to Usyk but another close round I could see people going the other way.
                  • Usyk 8 to 11 were clear.
                  • 12 to Usyk but close.

So I have 8-4 plus the KD.

I only think there were 2 clear Fury rounds and 4 clear Usyk rounds plus a KD.

So, in theory I could go as wide as 10-2 Usyk or 8-4 Fury. But neither of those are realistic.

I think it's a real stretch to get enough of those close rounds going to Fury to have him winning.

Comment

Working...
                  X