• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is pro boxing even a sport?

1. you pick your opponents by yourself
    2. no scoring sistem, judges score as they want
    3. 4 "world champions" in each division

I mean, can NBA team in basketball choose who they play next?

Can a tennis player in Wimbledon choose who he plays next?

Can a table tennis player choose who he plays next?

Boxing is a more a freak show than a sport. And not even that, you must pay some PPV DAZN or whatever sh.it or stream it to watch it.

I am just checking sport news on my local sites. there is 0 news about boxing and a very little news about UFC. That is where boxing is.
    Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 05-14-2024, 03:22 PM.

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

Can a table tennis player choose who he plays next?

ive always wondered what the answer to this is

Comment

I mean, can NBA team in basketball choose who they play next?

yes they can in friendlies

then at other times its 'mandatory' who they play

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang
        it's a sport but it's an individual sport, unless playing in a team.
        yes all sports are different

tennis and table tennis has doubles, with 4 people playing at the same time, imagine the chaos that would bring in boxing
        Willow The Wisp Willow The Wisp likes this.

Comment

it's definitely a sport, any combat sport is pure competition. Throwing a ball into a basket is pretty silly, but hey, enjoy what you want. The rampant corruption and shadiness around boxing delegitimizes it in a big way though.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of the heavier divisions. I see that you expect the world to turn its full attention on this weekend's card. You're frustrated they don't GAF. Time to face reality bro.

Comment

It is a sport. MMA does the same and that is a sport also.

Boxing is one of the very few sports in the world that the rules are almost the same and any fighter from any part of the world can fight. Golf they don't actively play against each other and Tennis the players have to be in a tournament.

Comment

I am just checking sport news on my local sites. there is 0 news about boxing and a very little news about UFC. That is where boxing is.
                Boxing is an entirely different sport compared to football, basketball or tennis, for example. Regular sports programs are created around them and the teams or individuals have no affiliation to the tv networks. In boxing, promoters have to pay to show any part of their scheduled event.​

Comment

Go and tune in to ProboxTV. It's entirely dedicated to boxing with no biases. They talk about boxing and boxers without making it look like they're promoting one card over another. They cover everybody.

Comment

It is more of an entertainment enterprise with sporting element.

Comment

Working...
                    X