Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: What Price The Draw When Fury And Usyk Collide?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: What Price The Draw When Fury And Usyk Collide?

Logic should dictate that the more well-matched the fight, the greater the likelihood of a draw. That's certainly the case ahead of Oleksandr Usyk versus Tyson Fury where the draw is currently priced at +1400 and 14/1 in the UK. They're not dead cert odds by any means but certainly short enough to underline it's a distinct possibility. One could also argue that the short odds on a draw this weekend is not just a reflection on the quality of the matchmaking but a nod to the potential for controversy in fights as big as this. Draws in boxing would be far more palatable if the majority who watched felt that was the fair result - but widespread applause greeting such verdicts is rare.
    [Click Here To Read More]

For the record, and for the few friends I have here: no, I'm not Matt Christie.

Comment

I am actually predicting a draw here. More likely the outcome than a KO
      Knuckle sandwich Knuckle sandwich likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll

Nonetheless, are you picking a draw this weekend?
        My intention, if I don't find more convenient bets elsewhere, was to bet a few ones on a late KO win for Usyk. But the esteemed Mr. Christie made me think about putting a tenner on the draw as well. I'll have to carefully consider my options...

Comment

Yeah I'll be having a piece of that. Even when there's controversy involved (GGG vs Canelo 1, Lewis vs Holyfield 1, Fury vs wilder 1) a draw sets the rematch up nicely and catches more peoples attention. 14/1 - yes please!

Comment

It's got a draw written all over it, Fury will come out and see if he can out box usyk, usyk will be more than happy to counter.

I'm not sure what the odd are in usyk winning a decision?

Comment

Do not criticise Christodoulou, one of the best referees and judges ever.

The funny thing about the Lewis-Holyfield rematch is that Evander did really well in that one, got some hard shots in.

Upon first viewing, I thought Holyfield maybe won the rematch. I then watched it again and scored it round by round, and gave it to Lewis in a close fight.

Of course, Lewis clearly won the first fight, a highly disappointing bout. The rematch was very good.

Comment

"What Price The Draw When Fury And Usyk Collide?"
                - What does this mean in English??????

Comment

No draw here
                  Remember this fight is in Saudi

Comment

The Saudi’s clearly want Fury to win so they can set up Fury vs Joshua. Usyk and his handlers had better watch everything Usyk consumes there because that’s how desperate the Saudi’s are to put Usyk in their rear view mirror. I wouldn’t trust Turkie one bit. Would be no surprise if the fight was fixed. That how desperate Turkie is for Fury vs Joshua.

Comment

Working...
                    X