Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it time to put Lomachenkos dad as one of the GOAT trainers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it time to put Lomachenkos dad as one of the GOAT trainers?

Considering he made Usyk what he is as well as his own son do you can't say he got lucky and just had a freak of nature son.

His style is ridiculously effective and the only time any fighters have ever had any success against it is when Usyk or Lomachenko decide to give rounds away.

Originally posted by BodyBagz
    Does he really need a trainer ?
    At this point no, but give that old man his credit he moulded him as if from clay

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post

At this point no, but give that old man his credit he moulded him as if from clay
      He might not be able to mold another, getting full potential from one guy thats a great does not mean a great deal in the big picture of great trainers.

How many jnrs did Floyd senior make.

Comment

Maybe let's see how Usyk does, but I've always respected Papachenko as a trainer. Shingo Inoue too.
        Shadoww702 Shadoww702 likes this.

Comment

Another great white hope, who has beaten absolutely nobody with 3 losses versus guys who have been all knocked out or defeated. lost to Salido, a journeyman bum from Mexico who Loma said would be ''easy'' in his 2nd fight. Lost to Teofima in a fair fight, who then got his head bashed in by Kambosos. Who haney then defeated easily, then Haney proceeded to get destroyed by Garcia. Loma is another great white hope by these racist white boxing fans who are losing in real life and live vicariously through white fighters while hating on Mexicans/Blacks & any other ethnic group.

Loma's country is getting blasted by Russians while him and Usyk avoid fighting and stick to bum bashing. All I know is that if America was attacked, I wouldn't be boxing, I would be on the front lines blasting!​

Comment

Not at all. Just look at how many boxers and top boxers the greatest coaches trained.

Comment

I mean.. no. He's done great job with their styles, and coming up with skillsets. And I'm sure motivating your son has its pitfalls.. but I can't rate Anatoly that highly because of the way Loma finished Haney and Teo fights.

Against Teo, Loma gave away first 6 rounds. There's no way as a trainer he should have looked at it and said "yep you're good, continue". He also stepped off the gas in the 11th a bit. He could have finished off Teo.

Haney was inexcusable. For the record, I do absolutely believe Lomachenko deserved to win that fight as he clearly won 7. Having said that, Lomachenko visually took 12th round off. There's no excuse for that as a trainer. You fight EVERY minute of a fight, especially in the championship rounds. Anatoly should have told him to go hard in the 12th, and when he saw Loma taking the round off, the dude should have been yelling at top of his lungs to stop f'n around.
              BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
                Maybe let's see how Usyk does, but I've always respected Papachenko as a trainer. Shingo Inoue too.
                I usually hate father/son trainers but those to show it can work.

I don't think Kambosos dad is his trainer but I loved how he threw in the towel for him.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz

After x amount of years/fights, trainers are not needed.
                  I know relatives bug boxers to hire them
                  That’s not true. Even the best athletes need a coach. Obviously they’re not really learning anything new, but guidance in various areas is necessary — another pair of eyes, motivation, game strategy, etc. One famous example of what can happen is Mike Tyson. Everyone knows what happened when Cus died, and the later split from Kevin Rooney. Even prime Mike couldn’t train himself.

Comment

Lomachenko doesn't have that highlight win of his career yet. Yeah he has won world titles and fought decent opponents. But the 2 biggest fights that would have added a lot more to his legacy he lost (Haney and Teo). Within the next year i think he needs a Shakur or Tank win on his resume

Comment

Working...
                    X