Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Memory Jarred: Lomachenko Delivers Powerful Reminder With Kambosos TKO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fifth_root View Post

Then Lomachenko got outclassed by an overrated and overhyped in the face of Lopez. Then he beat an overhyped Kambosos (who beat Lopez). So what does all of this say about Lomachenko's record?
    Put that pipe down with all that "outclassed " talk please.....

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post

You might think he was pretty great if he fought a bunch of 2nd tier guys, but Kambosos is a fearless guy who’s stepped up repeatedly to the elites. In that circle he comes up short. He’s not a great fighter but he certainly doesn’t suck.
      Yep, fair enough. I know he doesn't suck suck
      TheOneAboveAll TheOneAboveAll likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshotyoudontsee View Post

Tank's power bails him out. He has speed. He doesn't have great feet. He is a solid fighter but he isn't highly skilled.

Look who he has fought. A bunch of dudes coming up in weight. He gets outboxed alot. I like Tank because he is fun to watch because you know at any time he can land a ko shot.

He needed every handicap he could get to fight Garcia. He cherry picks.

Loma will beat him up if the fight happens inside the next year.
        I have never seen Tank get outboxed. What I see is that if Tank doesn't respect your power or think you don't have anything for him, he walks through your punches to land his bombs and get you out of there. It is like a prime Mike Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post

https://talksport.com/sport/512465/e...ny-joshua/amp/

Google is your friend. Took me a nanosecond to find this. I don’t care if it was with his fairy phykin godmother. The simple facts were he was being cheated out of millions. The single fight alone would have generated upwards of 150 mil. It was the most wanted and demanded fight.
          Click the link you posted and read what the article says.

It doesn't say anything about Hearn wanting to lock Wilder into a 3 fight deal and it doesn't say anything about AJ vs Wilder generating $150m. The only people throwing ridiculous numbers like that around were LDBC con artists like Blue Blood Sports and their idiot subscribers.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post

Click the link you posted and read what the article says.

It doesn't say anything about Hearn wanting to lock Wilder into a 3 fight deal and it doesn't say anything about AJ vs Wilder generating $150m. The only people throwing ridiculous numbers like that around were LDBC con artists like Blue Blood Sports and their idiot subscribers.
            Ok, maybe ESPN then? Since no source appears to be good enough truth for you?

During a meeting in New York, Wilder, accompanied by co-managers Al Haymon and Shelly Finkel, listened to Skipper's pitch; DiBella was also present.

The first bout would come against Dominic Breazeale in May and guarantee Wilder $20 million. A victory over Breazeale, a fringe contender, would trigger $80 million in guarantees. The second and third fights would pit Wilder against Joshua for all four belts and pay him $40 million apiece.

DiBella claimed Haymon and Finkel weren't receptive to the offer. When Skipper said "$120 million was unprecedented guaranteed money," Haymon and Finkel "jumped all over" him.

Wilder rejected the package, which also included 10 Bomb Squad Promotions shows worth $1 million apiece. He instead pursued a multifight path laid out by Haymon and PBC that paid him $65 million over three fights: $20 million for Breazeale, $20 million for the Ortiz rematch and $25 million for the second Fury bout.

"I didn't take the deal with DAZN because DAZN roped me in with the Joshua fight, but they didn't have Joshua [signed], so they couldn't guarantee a Joshua fight," Wilder told ESPN on Friday.

"I've never been driven because somebody wants to throw money at me. There has to be a purpose and a reason for all things and it has to make sense to us."

Finkel's main point of resistance in the DAZN offer was the lack of transparency.

"They would never tell us what the deal was with Joshua," Finkel told ESPN. "The fight was almost as big as they say they were getting for Fury-Joshua; say it's $120 million. If we're getting $40 million that leaves $80 million. Our team asked the DAZN people, 'What is the deal for Joshua?' ... After we asked a few times [without an answer from Skipper], we got up and left." After the meeting in New York concluded, DiBella was stopped from entering the vehicle with Wilder, Haymon and Finkel. He was no longer part of Team Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by MrShakeAndBake View Post

Put that pipe down with all that "outclassed " talk please.....
              You have a ***** with Loma's face, I get it.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
                Loma ***ed him up. I didnt think there would be a stoppage but he pulled it off too. Loma doesnt have the power he had at 130 and below when he was fighting guys his size, these larger guys can eat his shots. 126/130 Loma was knocking guys out all the time or making them quit
                I agree with you with regards to the raw power. That said, perhaps that was part of his plan. He started and kept going at a good pace and that was not recently the case. If he adds those shots up, fights could still end predictably - just a few rounds later

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post

Ok, maybe ESPN then? Since no source appears to be good enough truth for you?

During a meeting in New York, Wilder, accompanied by co-managers Al Haymon and Shelly Finkel, listened to Skipper's pitch; DiBella was also present.

The first bout would come against Dominic Breazeale in May and guarantee Wilder $20 million. A victory over Breazeale, a fringe contender, would trigger $80 million in guarantees. The second and third fights would pit Wilder against Joshua for all four belts and pay him $40 million apiece.

DiBella claimed Haymon and Finkel weren't receptive to the offer. When Skipper said "$120 million was unprecedented guaranteed money," Haymon and Finkel "jumped all over" him.

Wilder rejected the package, which also included 10 Bomb Squad Promotions shows worth $1 million apiece. He instead pursued a multifight path laid out by Haymon and PBC that paid him $65 million over three fights: $20 million for Breazeale, $20 million for the Ortiz rematch and $25 million for the second Fury bout.

"I didn't take the deal with DAZN because DAZN roped me in with the Joshua fight, but they didn't have Joshua [signed], so they couldn't guarantee a Joshua fight," Wilder told ESPN on Friday.

"I've never been driven because somebody wants to throw money at me. There has to be a purpose and a reason for all things and it has to make sense to us."

Finkel's main point of resistance in the DAZN offer was the lack of transparency.

"They would never tell us what the deal was with Joshua," Finkel told ESPN. "The fight was almost as big as they say they were getting for Fury-Joshua; say it's $120 million. If we're getting $40 million that leaves $80 million. Our team asked the DAZN people, 'What is the deal for Joshua?' ... After we asked a few times [without an answer from Skipper], we got up and left." After the meeting in New York concluded, DiBella was stopped from entering the vehicle with Wilder, Haymon and Finkel. He was no longer part of Team Wilder.

Again, that article doesn't back up what you said.

It's just bullshit from Finkel, crying about DAZN not telling them what AJ would get paid then pulling a number out his arse and using it to try and pretend that DAZN were short changing Wilder.

Like Eddie Hearn said, DAZN couldn't tell Wilder what AJ would get for the fight because he wasn't signed to them, he was signed to Matchroom, and what Matchroom were paying him was confidential. If Finkel/Wilder wanted to know about AJ's deal with Matchroom, they shouldn't have excluded Eddie Hearn from the meeting.

At the end of the day, Wilder was offered more money for each one of those fights with AJ than he got for fighting Fury. He actually let that slip himself!

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
                    Loma did what Teo and Haney couldn't do.
                    Knockout a B level fighter

Comment

Lomachenko was always a good finisher...
                      this fight no exception. A great win for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X