Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shawn Porter: Range Is Key for Slick, Counterpunching Vasiliy Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shawn Porter: Range Is Key for Slick, Counterpunching Vasiliy Lomachenko

In Thursday's episode of "Deep Waters" on ProBox TV, analyst Shawn Porter offers a snapshot of Sunday's matchup between former three-division titleholder Vasiliy Lomachenko and George Kambosos Jr. in Perth, Australia. Porter believes range is the key for Lomachenko, 36, whom he says still has the explosive ability and sharp counterpunching style to compete at the highest level.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Kambosos has to bully him like Horn did to Pacquiao. Not necessarily all the fouls Horn committed, but being able to push the smaller man around and rough up the inside exchanges. If he tries to make it a technical boxing match, even a faded version of Lomachenko will wash him 12-0 on the cards.

Comment

Lomachenko will stop Kambosos with body shots

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
        Kambosos has to bully him like Horn did to Pacquiao. Not necessarily all the fouls Horn committed, but being able to push the smaller man around and rough up the inside exchanges. If he tries to make it a technical boxing match, even a faded version of Lomachenko will wash him 12-0 on the cards.
        Kambosos best bet is to keep his distance, box off his back foot (if he can) because if he tries to bully it will allow Loma to establish his mid-range and get into a grove. Bill gave Haney that same game plan and it caused Loma to start faster and outland Haney from rounds 1-3. In round 4 when Haney made adjustments and kept his distance and box it stopped the momentum Loma built through rounds 2-3. Is Kambosos technically sound enough to box off the back foot? Let's see. Hopefully they dont do to Lomachenko what they did to Maxi Hughes Fighting in Kambosos backyard.

Comment

Originally posted by QboboB View Post

Kambosos best bet is to keep his distance, box off his back foot (if he can) because if he tries to bully it will allow Loma to establish his mid-range and get into a grove. Bill gave Haney that same game plan and it caused Loma to start faster and outland Haney from rounds 1-3. In round 4 when Haney made adjustments and kept his distance and box it stopped the momentum Loma built through rounds 2-3. Is Kambosos technically sound enough to box off the back foot? Let's see. Hopefully they dont do to Lomachenko what they did to Maxi Hughes Fighting in Kambosos backyard.
          in Kambosos back yard - wasn't that fight in the usa?

Comment

That's not how he fights - I don't see that happening and if he tries it because he's not used to fighting that way he'll very likely struggle to implement that

Comment

'Kambosos best bet is to keep his distance, box off his back foot (if he can) because if he tries to bully it will allow Loma to establish his mid-range and get into a grove'.

George isn't Devin. If he fights like that he is giving up all his strengths of size, youth, strength & stamina & he will lose. I tend to agree with famicommander.

Comment

Kambosis is not the smaller man I don't know how you came to conclusion Loma started at 126 Kambo has never been under 135., Loma just has to box at his level and he will win clear he is a class above George, the last fight versions of both guys see Loma stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

Kambosis is not the smaller man I don't know how you came to conclusion Loma started at 126 Kambo has never been under 135., Loma just has to box at his level and he will win clear he is a class above George, the last fight versions of both guys see Loma stop him.
                  Nobody said Kambosos is the smaller man. I said he has to use his size and youth to bully Lomachenko because Loma has literally every other advantage (power, speed, accuracy, technique, footwork, experience, intelligence, etc). He can't afford to get into technical exchanges with Loma because he'll lose every one of those. He has to make Loma feel his weight and strength, tire him out, muck the fight up as much as he can.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

in Kambosos back yard - wasn't that fight in the usa?
                    I didn't say Hughes got robbed in Kambs backyard, I know it was here. I was talking about being robbed in general and the fact that Loma is in his backyard makes it more crucial for him to pitch a shut out or score a stoppage.
                    Last edited by QboboB; 05-11-2024, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X