No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Conor Benn Provisionally Suspended by UKAD After Appeal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll

Coming up with multiple reasons why you could have tested positive just seems to be grasping at straws. There’s no clear, coherent narrative pinpointing exactly what happened.
    No, it's not. It's again called exploring all the potential reasons.

And, like I've said twice now, his solicitor made it clear what their key evidence was, which was a contaminated supplement. How is that not clear and coherent? It's clear because he made categorically clear publicly and it's coherent because it's very possible. Which is just as likely as likely as a contaminated meat excuse.

We know what evidence Canelo submitted and it’s believable. We don’t know what evidence of contaminated supplements Benn submitted and his eggs excuse is not believable since in the UK clomiphene in eggs is not allowed, unlike clenbuterol which is rampant in beef in Mexico. Not equivalent at all.
    Well, that's an UKAD and NAPD issue, their hearing are confidential. But his solicitor has clarified what it is, which is a contaminated supplement, which is rampant in the supplement industry. Hence why they are almost exact equivalents.

Benn went overseas because he wasn’t licensed to fight in the UK. Where he is STILL not licensed. Clear attempt to circumvent that
    No, he went overseas because he won a hearing against UKAD/BBBoC and his suspension was lifted. So despite not being licensed in the UK due to an appeal process, he was eligible to fight elsewhere as he was no longer suspended. Nothing to do with circumventing anything, he was eligible to fight so he did.

The long and short of it here is you're showing a blatant double standard. The two cases here as close to identical as you can get. Same amount of failed tests, both claim innocence, both have same amount of of trace amounts, both list same reason of contamination, both have the same likelihood of being true. The only single difference being Canelo failed for a much more potent drug, that's essentially the only difference between the two.

Comment

No, the cases are not the same and there are clear differences as I have patiently explained to you. Not the least of which is that Canelo promptly accepted his punishment and has been free to continue his career ever since.
      What is the difference? Other than Canelo's failed test was for a more potent drug. Outside of that, what is the difference between the two cases?

Canelo claimed innocence and had a hearing, Benn did the exact same thing. The only difference there is Benn won his hearing and UKAD appealed it. The process is totally different in the UK than it is to the USA so it's comparing apples to oranges in regards to the due process. What's relevant is the contents.

UKAD and the BBBoC haven’t found the excuses of Benn’s solicitor to be believable and their appeal has been upheld. Benn will not be able to fight in the UK now or anywhere else that respects the BBBoC rulings.

That’s what we know for sure.
      UKAD and the BBBoC don't make the decision on that so that's a moot point. It also makes no difference to the contents of both case which are almost identical.

That's out of Benn's hands, he's not at fault for that. He's had all relevant hearings, he'll receive a ban now just like Canelo did.

Doesn't change the fact that almost everything about the two cases are the same.

Comment

How many times do you need it explained? Clenbuterol is factually found in Mexican beef, quite commonly in fact. Canelo named places in Mexico where he had eaten beef and was even publicly seen dining at a Mexican steakhouse with other high profile people during the timeframe in question.

Clomiphene use in eggs is not common in the UK, in fact it is prohibited for use in egg production. And Benn has failed to publicly name any places where he obtained tainted eggs.

Those are the differences.
        If it's incorrect information like you keep spouting then countless times you'd need to explain it. I didn't say anything about eggs so why you keep bringing up eggs I don't know. Conor Benn's solicitor has said categorically their key evidence is contaminated supplements so that's what's relevant here.

Yes, Clen is factually found in Mexican beef, somewhat commonly. Did you miss the part where over the counter supplements are factually contaminated with banned substances, somewhat commonly? What is the difference between those two scenarios?
        Last edited by IronDanHamza; 05-11-2024, 09:30 PM.

Comment

I guess I would of won my bet with Sid dude
          Conor Benn ko’d again
          Lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
            I couldn’t care less about dude but for whatever it’s worth I think he’s done his time. Let him fight and catch his beatdown from Bud, Spence, Boots or even Tank.

I just don’t feel like he’s that important to serve such a long sentence. Either ban him for life or let the man fight already. Hell, put him on a do or die probation program where if he ever pops dirty again he’s banned for life.
            He has not done his time. He has fought twice in the US - in the time when he ought to have been banned - on the basis of a jurisdictional technicality lifting a UK suspension. That ground was successfully appealed, and as he's remained active there are no grounds for backdating any ban he gets. Let him properly serve a ban this time, as he should have done in the first place.
            Last edited by BrilliantAJ; 05-12-2024, 05:40 AM.
            ShoulderRoll ShoulderRoll likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

"Which they haven't to date"

When Conor Benn had a hearing with the BBBoc/UKAD which was conducted by the NAPD.......WHAT DO YOU THINK THAT WAS?
              That was Benn's lawyers arguing that the board didn't have jurisdiction over the failed tests

Comment

Originally posted by Speng View Post

That was Benn's lawyers arguing that the board didn't have jurisdiction over the failed tests
                How do you know that when the contents of the hearing are confidential?

We have no idea what was said in those hearings.

Comment

Working...
                X