Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Sad And Tragic Road That Crowley Has Walked To Face 'Boots' Ennis In Philadelphia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maguirre View Post
    How old are you brother? People are wondering what you are crying about. You obviously want him to stay on that side of the street. But your brother Al showed no interest in keeping him. And here you are crying. You should have done something man. Too late now.
    Since when did pointing out facts become critical g. That's what MEN do. We state our position and wait for a response from the other side. It's called debating ol' chap. Try it....it's great for the environment of the sport. Don't just claim someone is crying g because you have no retort. Try and be better bro!

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

Since when did pointing out facts become critical g. That's what MEN do. We state our position and wait for a response from the other side. It's called debating ol' chap. Try it....it's great for the environment of the sport. Don't just claim someone is crying g because you have no retort. Try and be better bro!
      I'm still not getting what you're crying about. So you want facts that you will never acknowledge. Even people who usually come out with their support have grown tired of seeing him loitering around doing nothing, instead of fighting. These are all on youtube. And now he's finally fighting and you're still crying.
      BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

I'm still not getting what you're crying about. So you want facts that you will never acknowledge. Even people who usually come out with their support have grown tired of seeing him loitering around doing nothing, instead of fighting. These are all on youtube. And now he's finally fighting and you're still crying.
        Uhhh...nooooo.....crying? That would be Ryan Garcia fans crying that he is getting dragged online for getting caught with roids and about to be suspended. That's crying. Im merely stating a fact that Boot's best move would have been to sign with PBC. He wasn't getting fights from PBC because he wasn't signed to them. I've seen this before back in the 90s. My hero back then, Roy Jones Jr did the same (sort of). He refused to sign with the two titans of boxing promoters Don King and Bob Arum. He shunned fighting in Vegas and forced HBO to stage PPV fights in Pensacola, FL...PENSACOLA N DA HOUSE!!! After his career was done he admitted by not signing with Arum or King and fighting in Vegas he probably lost out on 500 million dollars. Which meant he was broke at the end of his useful career and had to keep fighting to earn money. Seeing him getting dog walked and KO'd in Russia and other parts of the world was a very sad thing for me to see. You see, even tho I don't know Boots personally, I have a personal I-95 inner city connection with the success of his career. Richmond, VA--> D.C. --> Baltimore--> Philly--> Jersey--> NYC! Boxing, basketball, football, track &field, baseball..whatever the sport I want the best for my bros...especially someone as talented as Boots. Not crying just want the best sir!
        Last edited by DClefthook; 05-10-2024, 10:18 PM.
        Oregonian Oregonian likes this.

Comment

Cannot see anyone except Ennis fans getting too excited for this. More power to Crowley, and I have no words for what his family has been through. But this feels like a "set up for a highlight reel worthy win" kind of event than one "set up for a big fight" kind of event.

Comment

Wow Boots your inaugural fight on Dazn and all this article could muster up is 12 comments. All 12 (including this one) obviously are not fans of yours or those PBC guys (WINK-FUQING-WINK). These are the guys that you're relying on to subscribe to Dazn for your fights? Are these the guys that are going to travel to Philly and buy tickets to your fights? Are they going to spend 75$ on your potential PPVs? You mean Dazn figured out what all the other promoters over the last 8 decades couldn't figure out about Philly. From Smokin Joe to B-hop now all of a sudden they are going to sellout a 20k arena multiple times over. Guess they figured that shyte out all on their own huh man? Lol
            ————
            Not every Boots article needs comments. But but but, when was Bud’s first PPV fight and how much PPV did he sell?
            greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Uhhh...nooooo.....crying? That would be Ryan Garcia fans crying that he is getting dragged online for getting caught with roids and about to be suspended. That's crying. Im merely stating a fact that Boot's best move would have been to sign with PBC. He wasn't getting fights from PBC because he wasn't signed to them. I've seen this before back in the 90s. My hero back then, Roy Jones Jr did the same (sort of). He refused to sign with the two titans of boxing promoters Don King and Bob Arum. He shunned fighting in Vegas and forced HBO to stage PPV fights in Pensacola, FL...PENSACOLA N DA HOUSE!!! After his career was done he admitted by not signing with Arum or King and fighting in Vegas he probably lost out on 500 million dollars. Which meant he was broke at the end of his useful career and had to keep fighting to earn money. Seeing him getting dog walked and KO'd in Russia and other parts of the world was a very sad thing for me to see. You see, even tho I don't know Boots personally, I have a personal I-95 inner city connection with the success of his career. Richmond, VA--> D.C. --> Baltimore--> Philly--> Jersey--> NYC! Boxing, basketball, football, track &field, baseball..whatever the sport I want the best for my bros...especially someone as talented as Boots. Not crying just want the best sir!
              ——-
              To this day, I still say “Pensacola in da house!!!”
              DClefthook DClefthook likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
                Cannot see anyone except Ennis fans getting too excited for this. More power to Crowley, and I have no words for what his family has been through. But this feels like a "set up for a highlight reel worthy win" kind of event than one "set up for a big fight" kind of event.
                ———
                Nope. Boots fans and true boxing fans want a showdown with Bud.
                This is a stay busy fight, But I’m sure if Boots was to get a chance to fight Khan or Brook, we’d be all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                  My heart truly goes out to Cody and family.

He's been through some hell on earth for sure, with what happened to his dad and other things.

Love and respect to him, and he also signed to fight a guy that very few guys are willing to step in the ring with.

Ennis may or may not be the most incredibly gifted boxer in the world today, but he needs the opponents.

But yes, this is beyond boxing, what Cody and others that have been through similar things in life.

Boxing is not the scariest challenge when you've been through other life stuff, where you're not afraid of death, and want to die.

Glad for both these fighters getting a bigger stage.
                  Classy post.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Wtf was he talking about with the emergency double eye surgery sh^t??? First I heard of that.

His demeanor was definitely more of a happy to be there vibe than I'm gonna win this fight vibe which I'm not a fan of. His trainer was more amped up & he seemed to be giving a motivational angle by all his recent struggles & claiming a W for fighting Boots when no one else would. Saying he loved Boots, no diddy, was weird too.
                    I saw their face off and was thinking the same thing, like why is he dressed like an accountant?

But I guess looks can be deceiving, maybe he gives a good account of himself. I’ve seen some of his notable fights and he could definitely fight, but I also noticed he’s there to be hit, big time, and he appears to have no real power behind his punches. He has high workrate, but will be open all night for Ennis. I think this will be a highlight reel KO for Ennis. Unless Crowley has an iron chin. He’s going to need one with his style.
                    Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

Loitering. That's a good one. We def have too many "fighters" loitering these days.

If they don't fight frequently, I hope it's because they're busy making money moves to set up their futures, because prime time for this boxing doesn't last long. Otherwise they're just purely wasting time and the potential enthusiasm of (and dollars from) willing fans.

Edit: The comment above wasn't directed to me. I'm just commenting on it.
                      Last edited by BustedKnuckles; 05-11-2024, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X