Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Mexican Monster" David Benavidez hype train will crash on June 15th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I despise the the lengths fans go to in order to prop up 'their guy' or to discredit 'their' fighter's nemesis.

Gvozdyk is a former king at LHW (https://tbrb.org/rankings-archive, 2019) with only loss to current king Beterbiev. He's 37, which while not old for a LHW, is not young either. If Benavidez loses it wont be because he's a hype job or derailed train, or whatever Canelo bootlickers are saying. It's because Gvozdyk is a top5 fighter in a higher division.

As for all this drama, it's obvious to anyone with eyes and ears the lengths to which Canelo is going to duck Benavidez. It's so blatant and sad. He's making up absolutely lame excuses not to fight David while picking deeply flawed, unaccomplished opponents who have no business being in the ring with him. Canelo's fights are more akin to WWF than they are to a real sport.
    crimsonfalcon07 crimsonfalcon07 likes this.

Comment

I'm sorry brother, you wrote a whole lot,but didn't say much. David is moving up to fight a guy who almost killed Adonis Stevenson,and who's only loss is against Artur,who is arguably the #1 or #2 at 175. Why did he move up? Because canelo has come up with every single excuse in the book to not fight his mandatory opponent. Same thing he did with Golovkin, except this time canelo can't age out the other fighter until they're past their prime. Canelo's clock is ticking,and the longer that he puts off the fight,the better David gets,and the more that father time starts chipping away at canelo.

Comment

I see a Zurdo vs Bivol taking place ... I don't believe Gvozdyk can be Beterbiev level, but I see him out boxing Benavidez for 12 rounds and maybe a very late stoppage ...

Comment

Yeah already made a thread the day after the fight was announced Bena is going to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Haka View Post
            Yeah already made a thread the day after the fight was announced Bena is going to lose.
            Ok I'll bump this thread for you and Jake the two euro lovers after Benavidez carves Gvozdyk up.
            Last edited by Regge; 05-10-2024, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              I despise the the lengths fans go to in order to prop up 'their guy' or to discredit 'their' fighter's nemesis.

Gvozdyk is a former king at LHW (https://tbrb.org/rankings-archive, 2019) with only loss to current king Beterbiev. He's 37, which while not old for a LHW, is not young either. If Benavidez loses it wont be because he's a hype job or derailed train, or whatever Canelo bootlickers are saying. It's because Gvozdyk is a top5 fighter in a higher division.

As for all this drama, it's obvious to anyone with eyes and ears the lengths to which Canelo is going to duck Benavidez. It's so blatant and sad. He's making up absolutely lame excuses not to fight David while picking deeply flawed, unaccomplished opponents who have no business being in the ring with him. Canelo's fights are more akin to WWF than they are to a real sport.
              You didnt understand my post at all. Are you even on Social Media and the YTBC to realize how everyone has been hyping up Benavidez since Mike Tyson called him "The Mexican Monster"? I dont think the hype is justified, they put him on a pedestal as if he easily destroys Canelo and Benavidez vs Gvozdyk is just a total mismatch. There is an absolutely huge amount of Canelo haters in the US, henceforth a sizable amount of Benavidez diggriders. I am pretty much neutral, I followed both fighters, Benavidez has been training in Big Bear with GGG when he was still pretty much just a fat kid and gave GGG good work, I always liked the kid, but I cannot get behind the unjustified hype since he hasn't done much yet, lets see how he fares vs opposition that he doesnt totally outsize. I also want to see Canelo vs Benavidez but I am realistic, the fight will happen when its big enough and its David who has to create the demand, so far he has not done much, going 12 with a guy Canelo destroyed doesnt cut it.

Comment

I like how this is such a great fight and not a mismatch for Benavidez. But if it was Canelo moving to face him Gvozdyk, oh boy.

He’s 37, Canelo cherrypicking senior citizens.

He’s Beterbiev’s leftovers, already forced to retire before, came back to cash out.

Why not Bivol rematch?

Bro…the Canelo standards or otherworldly. It’s like this guy is Goku and Benavidez is Krillin. The standards are so low for this man.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
                  Theirs a reason why Benavides chose Gvozdyk. He wasn’t forced to do it. People are pretty naive.
                  They hate Canelo so bad, they ignore the facts. People are actually trying to say Gvozdyk is a bigger threat than Morrell. Crazy

Gvozdyk said years ago he sparred Benavidez and Benavidez beat his ass. David has been choosing the safe route his whole career and people hype it

Comment

Originally posted by ImDominicanLipz View Post

They hate Canelo so bad, they ignore the facts. People are actually trying to say Gvozdyk is a bigger threat than Morrell. Crazy

Gvozdyk said years ago he sparred Benavidez and Benavidez beat his ass. David has been choosing the safe route his whole career and people hype it
                    Yup, typical fans who ignore the elephant in the room.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      I like how this is such a great fight and not a mismatch for Benavidez. But if it was Canelo moving to face him Gvozdyk, oh boy.

He’s 37, Canelo cherrypicking senior citizens.

He’s Beterbiev’s leftovers, already forced to retire before, came back to cash out.

Why not Bivol rematch?

Bro…the Canelo standards or otherworldly. It’s like this guy is Goku and Benavidez is Krillin. The standards are so low for this man.
                      - - Gvoz was an excellent fighter until he hired looney Teddy who never met a fighter he couldn't ruin. Gvoz has made a successful comeback, 3 straight wins, now Boxrec #5. Bena makes a good fight no matter what the dumps want to moan about.

Comment

Working...
                      X