Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Fury fight Usyk off the back foot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post

Chisora had no problem with the angles and counters when he bulldozed in
    This is true. Chisora’s dimension/size though made it easier for him to do so without creating more openings for Usyk every time he bulldozed in.

I think this is one of them fights where you just gotta simplify fighting Usyk. Kind of like what Maidana did against Floyd I — he didn’t win but he didn’t care about the technical parts and looking good, and he did well.

i think the more this turns to simplified fight the better chance fury gets. Either by using his height and reach or by making it a brawl.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

You make it sound like Usyk is a pressure fighter and he's really not. He does get very physical when he can. I've actually pointed this out because people don't realize it.

And to whom do you attribute this godly quality this magic lead foot of USYK? I don't see any gigantic fighters who have a tremendous reach advantage over him that he's done this to. Joshua has some reach but Usyk did not be Joshua by being in front of him all night.

He beat Joshua by attacking at key points and becoming physical with him when he could.

You're underestimating Furys ability to use distance. Watch the Vlad fight and that should tell you everything you need to know. It's not that USYK could not get inside, or into position, it's just that it would be very difficult given furys skill set.
      We'll see.

I think you're underestimating Usyk's ability to control the distance. He controls distance like no-one else in the division.

If the fight becomes about fighting from range, then I pick Usyk every single time.

Fury's jab is a weapon. But Usyk isn't going to be a stationary target for it.
      billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post

We'll see.

I think you're underestimating Usyk's ability to control the distance. He controls distance like no-one else in the division.

If the fight becomes about fighting from range, then I pick Usyk every single time.

Fury's jab is a weapon. But Usyk isn't going to be a stationary target for it.
        i think if it is a midrange game then Usyk will pepper Fury and beat him to the punch. But if it’s a potshotting and clinching fury (everytime Usyk comes too close) with his ring generalship I think he can offset Usyk movement’s speed and at times make him run into something.

Comment

1 more sleep guys

Comment

Working...
          X