Pathetic if Fury doesn't beat Usyk.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post

You say all that in the first two paragraphs then say it's a 50/50

Context is king isn't it, Fury is an up and down fighter, I think that's the only reason it's 50/50.if the best possible fury turns up then it's not 50/50.

I expect the best possible fury probably will show up, he's overdue.
    Yes, context is King, which is why I'm not trying to judge the outcome of a fight on the basis of size and knock downs suffered against other opponents.

Some people make the mistake of thinking the best possible version of Fury is a hybrid of the highly mobile, 247lb, slick, back-foot boxer who bamboozled Wlad and the 270lb+ juggernaut who steam rollered Wilder.

That is literally an impossible combination. Personally, I think that even the best realistically possible version of Fury is no better than 50/50 against Usyk.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post

I don't believe that Fury is now what he was when he fought Wilder the second time. And I don't think he was ever as great in his comeback as has been claimed.

It still shocks me that he might get in the ring with Usyk.

Ngannou hit Fury with practically every left hand he threw. I think Usyk is going to move, he's going to setup shots and he's going to pepper him with the left hand while moving in, out, and round and round.

I give Fury a chance of just being too big and strong in the early rounds but if Usyk can get past the midway point I think he humiliates Fury.

But you never quite know with two undefeated fighters. Both have always found answers. They can't both do it this time.
      The Fury who beat Wilder in the second fight, using those same tactics, would not beat Usyk. Coming in at 270lb+ and relying on size and strength to bully the opponent was the perfect approach against a guy like Wilder - tall and upright, no head movement, no defensive footwork and no clue how to fight on the back foot or on the inside. Usyk is a different kettle of fish altogether.

I expect Fury to be significantly better than he was against Ngannou and he will need to be. Otherwise, yes, he will not only lose to Usyk, he will be humiliated
      Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by automaton89 View Post

I don't know what to say. The divison is so uneven that you didn't know what you don't know,

There's literally two or three guys that can fight. The rest are cans
        By saying something like that, what you're showing is that....
        You know Nothing about boxing, fighting, athletics or sport.

Why do you post here?​
        fifth_root N/A likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post

Very good post. I agree.

Postscript: I think Fury looked great against long-term contenders Whyte and Chisora, and played with the relatively harmless Ngannou as a father would his nine year old child on the lawn; and made a fortune doing it.

I look for Fury in a stoppage after 8 rounds.
          One title, one champion.
          Fury wasn't playing with Ngannou when he got countered and decked by a left hook, or when he lunged in trying to clinch and got tossed contemptuously into the ropes like a rag doll. He was struggling, badly.

The way AJ effortlessly disposed of Francis 3 months later illustrated just how awful Fury was in that fight.
          Last edited by kafkod; 05-09-2024, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post

I don't believe that Fury is now what he was when he fought Wilder the second time. And I don't think he was ever as great in his comeback as has been claimed.

It still shocks me that he might get in the ring with Usyk.

Ngannou hit Fury with practically every left hand he threw. I think Usyk is going to move, he's going to setup shots and he's going to pepper him with the left hand while moving in, out, and round and round.

I give Fury a chance of just being too big and strong in the early rounds but if Usyk can get past the midway point I think he humiliates Fury.

But you never quite know with two undefeated fighters. Both have always found answers. They can't both do it this time.

The Ngannou fight by the looks of it was meant to be an exhibition. There was no urgency on his part even though he ran the risk of losing to a newb
            Willow The Wisp Willow The Wisp likes this.

Comment

Fury should use his old style to fight Usyk. Kronk style won"t win this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                I agree, Kronk style Fury won't beat Usyk.

The question is - can he still fight in his old style well enough and for long enough to beat Usyk?

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

I will repeat this until the end of times. usyk got dropped by the first big shot ever took from a heavyweight, and that heavyweight is a bum

Comment

Odds are very close. Fury is the very, very slight favorite. It appears that the oddsmakers, media and most fans have this as a 50-50 fight. So no shame in anyone losing. It seems like no one is really sure.

I myself keep going back and forth with myself on who’s going to win and why. The truth is idk. Idk which Fury will show up, and if Usyk can take care of the best of Fury. The best of Fury includes fighting dirty, using his weight, but staying away and boxing as he wears down the smaller Usyk. I just don’t know. Great match up.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post

By saying something like that, what you're showing is that....
                      You know Nothing about boxing, fighting, athletics or sport.

Why do you post here?​
                      Fury struggled with a man who never had a boxing camp in his life, let alone a fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X