No announcement yet.

Pathetic if Fury doesn't beat Usyk.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pathetic if Fury doesn't beat Usyk.

Tyson Fury has no exuses not to beat Usyk.

Usyk is....

Not a puncher.
    Not big.
    Not a natural heavyweight.

Was dropped from a body shot by a stiff.
    Don2021 Don2021 likes this.

I think usyk is favourite. Cunningham gave fury trouble and usy k much better than cunningham.
    yeh, I'm sure fury improved but has he improved enough

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      I think usyk is favourite. Cunningham gave fury trouble and usy k much better than cunningham.
      Usyk got dropped by a stiff

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        If it was Fury from 2020 then I'd favour him heavily. He has clearly improved drastically since the Cunningham fight.

Interestingly in the Cunningham fight Fury had a substitute Corner as his uncle had been denied entry into the states, so he basically has the B Team.

His ego got the better of him and he employed a foolish strategy early which allowed Cunningham to get off all his strengths.

What was impressive was Fury realize this and adapted his strategy on the fly and deployed a totally different game plan. Once he did the fight became a mismatch.

Note this: Cunningham ONLY had success until Fury switched on and changed tactics.

This is something which sets fury apart from the likes of an Anthony Joshua, if plan A isn't working for AJ then he loses.

If Plan A isn't working for Fury he will come up with in the ring and try plan B and C

My concerns for Fury are always physical.

I said when he came back and fought Wilder that I do not think Fury has more than about 4 or 5 fights on him before his abuse of his body will catch up to him. Fury will not be physically fit into his late 30s.

Big question, does he have it left in him. If he does and he can perform ferociously for 12 rounds then he will demolish Usyk, I'm talking about he will beat him up in the ring and the fight will end with usyk collapsed on the canvas.

Usyk will not be able to cope with a 270lb man who can cut off the ring as fast as Usyk can run, he will drain rapidly if he has no space to get off any of his fancy tricks, and isn't allowed to dictate the pace.

If Fury's body has gone and he only has a handful of good rounds in him then Usyk probably wins.

​​​
        ​​​​​​
        Last edited by Atypicalbrit; 05-09-2024, 06:25 AM.
        fifth_root fifth_root likes this.

Comment

Not long to wait now.

Comment

I want Usyk to win but he's likely going to get demolished. Fury always turns up when the stakes are high.

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post

If it was Fury from 2020 then I'd favour him heavily. He has clearly improved drastically since the Cunningham fight.

Interestingly in the Cunningham fight Fury had a substitute Corner as his uncle had been denied entry into the states, so he basically has the B Team.

His ego got the better of him and he employed a foolish strategy early which allowed Cunningham to get off all his strengths.

What was impressive was Fury realize this and adapted his strategy on the fly and deployed a totally different game plan. Once he did the fight became a mismatch.

Note this: Cunningham ONLY had success until Fury switched on and changed tactics.

This is something which sets fury apart from the likes of an Anthony Joshua, if plan A isn't working for AJ then he loses.

If Plan A isn't working for Fury he will come up with in the ring and try plan B and C

My concerns for Fury are always physical.

I said when he came back and fought Wilder that I do not think Fury has more than about 4 or 5 fights on him before his abuse of his body will catch up to him. Fury will not be physically fit into his late 30s.

Big question, does he have it left in him. If he does and he can perform ferociously for 12 rounds then he will demolish Usyk, I'm talking about he will beat him up in the ring and the fight will end with usyk collapsed on the canvas.

Usyk will not be able to cope with a 270lb man who can cut off the ring as fast as Usyk can run, he will drain rapidly if he has no space to get off any of his fancy tricks, and isn't allowed to dictate the pace.

If Fury's body has gone and he only has a handful of good rounds in him then Usyk probably wins.

​​​
              ​​​​​​
              Has Fury ever gotten tired to the point that it diminished his performance? He has fat instead of muscles for a reason. Foreman did the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by automaton89 View Post

Has Fury ever gotten tired to the point that it diminished his performance? He has fat instead of muscles for a reason. Foreman did the same thing
                He manages his stamina quite well but in his last fight against Ngannou he got tired after a couple of rounds tbh that's why he was flat footed and reduced to throwing singles.

His performance in Wilder 3 was also markedly down from the 2nd fight, he was sloppy as hell and had to fight in spurts rather than constant pressure of the 2nd fight.

I think my main point is Usyk is not the guy you want to have less than peak stamina against because that's what he exploits, look at both AJ fights they were fairly close until AJ gassed.
                Don2021 Don2021 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post

He manages his stamina quite well but in his last fight against Ngannou he got tired after a couple of rounds tbh that's why he was flat footed and reduced to throwing singles.

His performance in Wilder 3 was also markedly down from the 2nd fight, he was sloppy as hell and had to fight in spurts rather than constant pressure of the 2nd fight.

I think my main point is Usyk is not the guy you want to have less than peak stamina against because that's what he exploits, look at both AJ fights they were fairly close until AJ gassed.
                  I don't think he got tired. He just fought a way to win safely

Comment

Usyk is an ATG cruiserweight and has had 3 very good wins at HW since moving up. He has never been dropped by a legitimate punch.

Fury, on the other hand, has been dropped 7 times, once by a novice having his first ever fight and 6 times by opponents no bigger and certainly no better than Usyk.

This is a 50/50 fight. Personally I'm picking Usyk to win on points.
                    MoonCheese Marchegiano Smash Smash like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X