Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Zhilei Zhang: I Underestimated Joseph Parker, But I Will Bomb Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zhang talks a bit too much recently but the fact is that despite his poor cardio he doesn't lose weight but gains which helped Parker to dance around him and deserve the victory. Zhang didn't land a single punch in the last round - this is not "I underestimated him", this is "I was incapable".
    Left Hook Louie Left Hook Louie likes this.

Comment

If the same version of Wilder who lost to Parker turns up, then Zhang wins in three rounds. However, if a smart motivated Wilder turns up and take Zhang beyond six rounds the outcome will be a stoppage win for Wilder.

Comment

Wilder lets you rack up rounds before being great for 2 seconds. That's not good against zhang

Comment

If Zhang can land on Parker and put him down in 3, he can do it to Wilder. Does Wilder then get up and not get ragdolled and windmilled into a stoppage ?

Can Wilder even touch Zhang like he couldnt Parker and if he does, will Zhang get windmilled for the stoppage ?

...looking forward to finding out!

Comment

Parker's a genuine top 5 guy and always has been. He's no easy fight for anyone. Decent size, decent boxer, decent stamina, decent movement, decent everything.

Zhang had a good win against a pretty good guy with massive weaknesses that were made to measure for him. But he got found out against a rounded fighter. As did Wilder.
            ​​​​​​
            I make Wilder a slight favourite. Whoever can hurt the other first wins, but Wilder can afford to be more patient as he can go the distance if he needs to.

Zhang would be comfortably Wilder's best win.
            ​​​​​
            JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer likes this.

Comment

I wonder why Deontay is doing this to himself and legacy? Obviously, he no longer has fight in him. All he is doing now is showing up for pay checks. Just please retire already. I don’t want to see him hurt.

Comment

I don't care who really wins this as long as it's entertaining and I don't see how it can't be. Zhang is aggressive, but can be hit. Wilder is all over the place. Granted if the Wilder that showed up for Parker shows up here, bet your house on Zhang.

This fight to me is the Saudi's giving Wilder one last chance to try and make the AJ fight happen. I know both guys lost to Parker and it's almost like a cross roads matchup, but let's be real, the money is making Wilder-AJ even though it's far too late.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  I wonder why Deontay is doing this to himself and legacy? Obviously, he no longer has fight in him. All he is doing now is showing up for pay checks. Just please retire already. I don’t want to see him hurt.
                  Even the All Time Greats typically fight on past when they should have retired.
                  Kinda broke my heart when Ray Leonard got mauled by Hector Camacho.
                  We didn't need to see that.
                  RJJ, Ali, there's a lot of other examples.
                  champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Louie View Post

Even the All Time Greats typically fight on past when they should have retired.
                    Kinda broke my heart when Ray Leonard got mauled by Hector Camacho.
                    We didn't need to see that.
                    RJJ, Ali, there's a lot of other examples.
                    Yes indeed! Due to his punching power; I still believe on a physical level that he can still compete at the elite and upper echelon of the division. However, he just has to furnish the will to do it.

Comment

I think Zhang is actually made for Wilder. He is really slow and easy to hit. I think of him as a bigger Luis Ortiz. I think Wilder will land something big.

Comment

Working...
                      X