Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yoshiki Takei Survives Astonishing 12th Round to Dethrone Jason Moloney

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Yoshiki Takei Survives Astonishing 12th Round to Dethrone Jason Moloney

Australian warrior Jason Moloney was seemingly 20 seconds from retaining his title. He had the hugely popular Yoshiki Takei fatigued, outworked and out on his feet in the dying embers of the 12th round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Jason Maloney lost to Takei is good cause he robbed Astrolabio, though I'm Aussie I believe the Filipino should have won

Comment

That's the second time I've watched Maloney fight and it will be the last. He took a dive or he sucks. No way you get to the world level and come lay down like that. I hope he got enough money to besmirch his families name. That was disgraceful.

Comment

Yoshiki Takei took way to many shots in the 12th. He refused to clinch and almost threw away 11 rounds of hard work.

The ref had money on Maloney. Those "low blows" were good body shots and after the point deduction it pretty much took away one of Takai's arsenal. Who knows how much different it would have played out if he could continue to go for the body.

Comment

If Maloney would have fought the 10th , and 11th like he did the twelfth, he would have probably been able to stop Takei. He was ****** not to let his hands go earlier in the fight. He was getting murdered from the outside and beaten to the punch when he did manage to get inside. You can't win fights if you don't throw punches.
          zalous zalous landotter landotter like this.

Comment

Cong**** for Takei, but really makes me wonder why Moloney didn't get his 12th round gear up in the 10th or 11th...that was the difference between him winning via TKO and losing by a solid UD. Judging by his 12th round, he obviously had more left in his tank to start earlier.

Takei's strength and weakness were quite obvious from prior to the fight and they haven't changed. He's got great power but doesn't have the stamina for a full 12R.

Comment

Both Moloneys are so average, never merited being world champs.

Comment

Given the ending I wonder if the ref during the Ford-Kholmatov match was here he would've stopped the match in Moloney's favor? I'd think that Moloney really is regretting not starting the rush one round, or even one minute earlier as Takei literally was saved by the bell and wouldn't have lasted another minute let alone another round.

On a random trivia, with Nishida's win against Rodriguez then Takei's win against Moloney, he is now the 100th Japanese boxing world champion.

Comment

Working...
                X