Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson To See Out Top Rank Deal In Newark Against Harutyunyan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

He might pull a Crawford and extend. Some of these gifted boxers don’t want to step up because they look much greater vs nobodies. Crawford didn’t get the big names under TR, then he leaves when the welterweights were all past their best and damaged goods.

I can see Stevenson doing this. Call out the big names while knowingly fighting under a promoter who does nothing but in-house fights and rarely does big fights with other promoters, all while beating unknown fighters and making easy money. Then leave TR after everyone fights each other and are close to retirement while he’s still fresh because of an easy run of opponents that provided little to no competition to him.
    It is the promoters' job to secure fights for their fighters. Stop blaming the fighters. Tank Rank is good at building young fighters, but horrible at giving them stardom, especially black American fighters. All the fighters eventually leave. Floyd did, Oscar did, Cotto did, and Manny eventually did. While Crawford was at top rank they couldn't secure him a fight with non of the top welterweights who all fought in house at PBC. He had to leave to get Porter and Spence.

He didn't wait until they were washed up. They ducked him. We all witnessed Shakur begging fights with everyone and no one wanted to fight him for whatever reason. A boxer shouldn't have to sign with a particular promoter to get fights. You are defending the corrupt politics in boxing that is destroying the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      Why is he not fighting Muratalla now? That’s part of the problem!
      Team Muratalla questioned why Shakur wasn't facing them next, so maybe TR didn't even offer Muratalla to Shakur.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Team Muratalla questioned why Shakur wasn't facing them next, so maybe TR didn't even offer Muratalla to Shakur.
        That's why Shakur will probably leave! Arum usually won't give you nothing good without an extension! That's what they did to Bud! Sign the extension, you'll get Pacquiao, you'll get Spence, etc.! I'm sure Bud put Shakur up on game!

Comment

That's what they're gonna do (according to Shakur), and that's exactly why he's ready to bounce! Shakur has been chasing Navarrette for years, and couldn't get the fight! Then he turns to Loma, and Loma decides to fight Kambo instead! So now he's pissed, and I don't blame him! Bad enough he can't get the BIG FIGHT, which is Tank, but to have to beg for Loma or Navarrette, after begging for Valdez for years, is very disrespectful!!!
          I think they need to look at making a unification to ***** the IBF mandatory, and hopefully that's Loma-Shakur, because I'm not sure 2024 Loma, with all his miles on the clock, beats Zepeda.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

If he was fighting the better names earlier as he should, heâd be a bigger draw.

Shakur needs good b sides to draw. I completely get that.

Like this next fight- Loma would draw far more than this no name.
            So, it's like I said? TR have to pick up the bill for "better names" to make Stevenson a bigger draw? This whilst Stevenson refuses to gamble on himself, over estimating his own value, by pricing himself out of fights with those better names?
            The fact is, as soon as Stevenson has been up in with anyone that is even a mild threat, he stinks the place out. That's the main reason why he isn't a bigger draw.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post

So, it's like I said? TR have to pick up the bill for "better names" to make Stevenson a bigger draw? This whilst Stevenson refuses to gamble on himself, over estimating his own value, by pricing himself out of fights with those better names?
              The fact is, as soon as Stevenson has been up in with anyone that is even a mild threat, he stinks the place out. That's the main reason why he isn't a bigger draw.
              No. TR puts him in with BS no reward dudes that no one cares about. These dudes have nothing to lose. Stevenson had everything going for him and can’t afford to lose so he fights the safest way possible.

When you put him in with boxers where both have something to lose, he destroys them. Right now he should be about to murk Loma.

A lot of posters always talk about the best fighting the best. Ok put the best in with Shakur and watch him dominate. He’d have long ago murked Valdez and Loma.

It seems you guys celebrate BS bums like Kambosos fighting Loma because it gives a guy you like an easy payday win.

Last edited by The Big Dunn; 05-08-2024, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfall View Post
                PBC time. Lets Go!!!
                Im sure he will sign there, then get upset qhen he barely gets any fights lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

No. TR puts him in with BS no reward dudes that no one cares about. These dudes have nothing to lose. Stevenson had everything going for him and can’t afford to lose so he fights the safest way possible.

When you put him in with boxers where both have something to lose, he destroys them. Right now he should be about to murk Loma.

A lot of posters always talk about the best fighting the best. Ok put the best in with Shakur and watch him dominate. He’d have long ago murked Valdez and Loma.

It seems you guys celebrate BS bums like Kambosos fighting Loma because it gives a guy you like an easy payday win.
                  Stevenson has himself to blame atm. He turned down 25% for an undisputed shot. Then fought for 1 belt vs DLS and stunk the place out. Im sure he'll leave and more than likely head over to pbc. Just wondering how he'll react when he doesn't get the same attention he did at TR while fighting MAYBE once or twice a year on Amazon. Wahid is still their star. Shakur ain't gonna outshine him.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantAJ View Post

I think they need to look at making a unification to ***** the IBF mandatory, and hopefully that's Loma-Shakur, because I'm not sure 2024 Loma, with all his miles on the clock, beats Zepeda.
                    There's no reason why we're not getting Shakur vs. Loma or Navarrette in June! Both guys seeking titles, but not seeking Shakur! Why???

Comment

He had to chase Valdez for years, Navarrette for years, and now Loma! I think he’s done begging!
                      He got Valdez. He already ducked Navarette. Look at whar Navarette did to Valdez vs Pitty pat Shakur

Comment

Working...
                      X