Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson To See Out Top Rank Deal In Newark Against Harutyunyan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tokon View Post

So TR should just pick up the bill for the opponents whilst overpaying Stevenson who is a proven "non draw?

Doesn't sound like the smartest business plan.
    If he was fighting the better names earlier as he should, he’d be a bigger draw.

Shakur needs good b sides to draw. I completely get that.

Like this next fight- Loma would draw far more than this no name.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      De Los Santos was like the #7 choice, after they couldn't get him Pitbull, Zepeda, and Frank Martin! Part of it is that Shakur is very good, so guys are swerving him, but if Top Rank made the right offer, maybe he could've gotten a deal? Either way, they haven't been able to get him good fights, IN-HOUSE, so I think he goes! His whole, "I'm gonna retire" thing was because he believes the winner of Loma vs. Kambo, fights the winner of Navarrete vs. Berinchyk!
      I get Shakur wanting to leave because he doesn't feel like the top priority, but that won't change if he leaves. It's like Chantelle Cameron leaving Matchroom because Katie Taylor was the bigger priority. Shakur will be playing second fiddle to Davis if he goes to PBC.

Shakur vs. Muratalla is a fight to make.
      Last edited by kiaba360; 05-06-2024, 11:29 AM.

Comment

So GBP backed out of the Zepeda/Stevenson talks? Seems to be another Frank Martin case.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

You don’t think if he had the Valdez win earlier and the Loma win he wouldn’t be a star now?

Come on dude.
          I think it's gonna be Extremely difficult for Any promoter to turn Steveson into a Star.
          real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

If he was fighting the better names earlier as he should, heâd be a bigger draw.

Shakur needs good b sides to draw. I completely get that.

Like this next fight- Loma would draw far more than this no name.
            No one wants to watch this mover pitty pat jabber with no pop cruise his way to boring decisions.

real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

Any offer coming Stevenson's way from other promoters? Anyone interested? The triple H, Haymon, Hearn, Hoya?

Comment

Bob loves a great talent and he's one of the best at seeking talent, but when the fighter continues to cost you money and fails to impress what do you do? FOR SALE!

Comment

He aint getting much anywhere else. Maybe two fight deals with little payoffs but this boringass dude is not a star. He literally said he retired and nobody gave a fvkc lol

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post

PBC hasn't been able to get Canelo vs Benavidez in house, one of the biggest fight in boxing. Loma will fight Shakur next or retire on the winning side.
                    He had to chase Valdez for years, Navarrette for years, and now Loma! I think he’s done begging!

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

I get Shakur wanting to leave because he doesn't feel like the top priority, but that won't change if he leaves. It's like Chantelle Cameron leaving Matchroom because Katie Taylor was the bigger priority. Shakur will be playing second fiddle to Davis if he goes to PBC.

Shakur vs. Muratalla is a fight to make.
                      Why is he not fighting Muratalla now? That’s part of the problem!

Comment

Working...
                      X