Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JuanMa López: I had to protest because the handwrapping we used was similiar to Titos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JuanMa López: I had to protest because the handwrapping we used was similiar to Titos

There's always been something said about Trinidads handwraps and now Juanma says something like this... i don't know if it's pointless, but anyway, here's what Juanma said:

"I had to protest because the hand-wrapping we used was similiar to the one Tito Trinidad used. We remove a little of gauze, tape and we keep wrapping. The commissioner that was attending the wraps, said that it was not like that. I told him that Tito fought here many times and it was accepted (that way of hand-wrapping). I was with Tito when he fought Roy Jones and
    there was no problems. Why for one (Tito) and no for others (Lòpez)?"

http://vocero.com/noticia-32685-falt...el_nocaut.html

The article also says: His manager Orlando Piñero, went against the New York State Athletic Commission, saying that the commissioner that was in the dressing room of López, forced him to change the wraps of his hands.

I don't know if something about this has been said already here, but anyway i thought it was interesting.

by the way, sorry for my bad english.
    Last edited by estbn; 10-12-2009, 12:09 PM.

so they made lopez re-due his wraps saturday???is this why his punches seemed uneffective??

Comment

I highly doubt it made any difference. Mtagwa is just a hard dude.

Comment

Well that's interesting.

Comment

Well, if that's true, then I understand why he was KO guys to left and right prior to this fight.
          Another cheater...Mtagwa was a tough guy anyway

Comment

wow suprised he is telling everyone this

Comment

Yes they made Lopez re-wraped his hands, but he they wrapped his hands the same way anyways, the guy from the NSAC was just being a ass!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by larry x View Post
                so they made lopez re-due his wraps saturday???is this why his punches seemed uneffective??
                It seems like that.

Sorry, i forgot to write that part of the article:

"His manager Orlando Piñero, went against the New York State Athletic Commission, saying that the commissioner that was in the dressing room of López, forced him to change the wraps of his hands."

Comment

Originally posted by estbn View Post
                  It seems like that.

Sorry, i forgot to write that part of the article:

"His manager Orlando Piñero, went against the New York State Athletic Commission, saying that the commissioner that was in the dressing room of López, forced him to change the wraps of his hands."

This could explain alot.

Comment

I didn't want to say anything, but I knew ****in ***** had the same wraps as Tito's.

Before Nazim caught Trinidad cheating, Trinidad already had his left hand wrapped and people there for Hopkins said Trinidad's left hand weighed as much as the camera's used to film these fights.

Now Freddie Roach said when he went to monitor the wraps of Lopez before the Panalosa fight, one of Lopez's hands were already wrapped as well. Roach made them re-wrap and Lopez had no ****ing power at all that night.

I said after that fight, if Vasquez or Mares fight this ****in *****, for them to make sure they have someone lookin at this guys hands. Plus you can just tell by the way fighters would react to those shots that something was weird. It would look like they were getting hit with blocks and just tipping over.

Comment

Working...
                    X